How can we improve Azure Storage?

Please implement static IP address or Reserved IP address for Blob, file, table, queue services in Storage Account.

We use IP address filtering on our firewall settings in our company network. Now, we need to download IP address range which Microsoft Azure uses once a week and reconfigure our firewall settings if they have any change. That is burden on us. Please implement static IP address or Reserved IP address for Blob, file, table, queue services in Storage Account.

254 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Junko Inui shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Petar Weigand commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since I needed access to file storage from VPN Point-to-site I did a workaround:
    1. Created a ubuntu VM inside the virtual network which has access to Azure Storage hosting the file share
    2. mounted the file storage inside ubuntu
    3. installed samba on ubuntu and created a share which now I can access when connected to VPN

I would like that I didn't have to do something like this, but this works for my scenario so I don't have a public endpoint and I can access the storage via VPN.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need to add static ip address rules to our firewalls to allow outbound access to Internet and to blob / azcopy storage. To do this we need to know the IP address of our storage accounts in Azure and do not want / cannot whitelist all the IP ranges in a whole region. Is this available?

• Jalith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you please expedite this? My use case is to add a custom script to a linux vm where DNS (resolv.conf) is not configured yet. the DNS configuration is part of the script. So the extension needs to download the script and execute first.

• Louis Bellefeuille commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a most valuable feature for our organisation. To reconfigure the firewall rules constantly is simply not an option for us. Thank you.

Feedback and Knowledge Base