Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Copy complete AzureFiles share

Using XDrive we can make a copy or backup from a VHD using blob capabilities instantly - in the same storage account, the same datacenter or a different datacenter.

Moving from XDrive to AzureFiles we are losing this capability. The VHDs may contain thousands of files. Copying those from an XDrive into a AzureFiles share or from one share to another takes a lot of time. Even when using AzCopy.

It would be great if there was a possibility to create copies of whole shares the same way.

363 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    closed  ·  3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mount file share using Azure ADDS authentication through VPN

We can successfully use access keys to mount file shares on on-prem systems when connected to Azure through a VPN, but it would be nice to use a user's Azure ADDS credentials (like we can with VMs in Azure).

This may be possible if our on-prem machines were hybrid joined to the domain, but we have no on-prem AD - just Azure AD and Azure ADDS.

Among other things, this will allow more granular access control for users not using a VM in Azure. With Access Keys, you have no ability to control which on-prem users have access to what…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi folks,

Per the Azure AD DS team, Azure AD DS can only be used with Azure VMs, not with on-premises machines. Azure Files is completely agnostic of this, and as long as your machine is a member of the domain, you can mount the Azure file share from anywhere, including over a VM.

Recommended reading: https://docs.microsoft.com/azure/storage/files/storage-files-active-directory-overview and https://docs.microsoft.com/azure/storage/files/storage-files-networking-overview

Thanks,

Will Gries
    PM, Azure Files and File Sync

3. [BUG REPORT] Do not charge for egress when transferring between two Azure Files accounts in the same data center on the same subscription.

We recently transferred about 3 TB of data from a "standard" SKU storage account to an Azure Files "Premium" SKU storage account. Both storage accounts were in the same region -- US West 2 -- and on the same subscription. We used Azure Storage Explorer to perform the transfer, allowing it to transfer at speeds of up to 4 Gbps. Despite this, we were charged for 3 TB of egress.

Based on the pricing page for Azure, this type of transfer should NOT be billed for:
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/bandwidth/

We reached out to Azure Support to ask why we were charged for…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi folks,

There is no known issue that charges egress for transfer of data between two storage accounts in the same region. Customer support should not be closing issues and directing folks to UserVoice if a bug or software issue is suspected. If something like this ever happens again, please reach out to azurefiles@microsoft.com and we will straighten it out. UserVoice is not a great place to go to for support.

Thanks,

Will Gries
    PM, Azure Files and File Sync

4. Support Availability Zones with Azure NetApp Files

Currently, customers have no control over what availability zone Azure NetApp Files is deployed to within a region.

It would be good if Azure NetApp Files supported availability zones to have better high availability at the storage level.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to delete and cleanup everything

There needs to be a method to delete everything.

I have a disk that I can't delete because its apparently locked to something.

But there is no single other thing active on the account.

I had to clean up a couple other similar disk and did manage to find where they were linked to.

Though this should be a simple. Please delete everything.

Or at the very least when it can't delete say what else needs to be deleted first.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry you experienced trouble with your storage. Based on the fact this was opened 3 years ago, we assume that was a momentary blip that has long since been resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please reach out if this issue is still ongoing or reoccurs and we’d be happy to help.

Thanks,

Will Gries
    Program Manager, Azure Storage

6. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry you experienced trouble with your storage. Based on the fact this was opened 2 years ago, we assume that was a momentary blip that has long since been resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Please reach out if this issue is still ongoing or reoccurs and we’d be happy to help.

Thanks,

Will Gries

7. Subdomain ***.blob.core.windows.net has a DNS problem. It can not be resolved.

This is not the case of using an old API. It is simple, subdomains fail to resolve some times, it forces my application to make several retries.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 'Failed to delete storage blob' message useless

Got a notification
    'Failed to delete storage blob'
    Yes. And?
    Why?
    How do I fix it?
    What do I do?
    I have spent 30 minutes without success trying to delete it

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We believe this was a momentary blip in service functionality that has long since been corrected. If you’re still experiencing this issue, please don’t hesitate to reach out and we’ll figure out how to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Will Gries

9. Storage Account in South India does reflect properly

The storage account if created in South India doesn't reflect when I try to go and select while create a VM, please correct the issue.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, not sure what might have been going on here, but I just validated in my account that I could successfully see storage accounts in South India from the VM create page. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you are still experiencing this issue or if it reoccurs.

Thanks,

Will Gries

10. Possibility to enable Baremetal Virtualization VT-x/AMD-v

Currently there is not possible to switch on VT-x on VMs, so installtion on-premises Virtual Server solution are not possible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. eliminacion de cuenta

mala plataforma y cobros por nada

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry you experienced trouble with your storage. Based on the fact this was opened 3 years ago, we assume that was a momentary blip that has long since been resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Will Gries

12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry you had a bad experience with the Azure portal storage account experience several years ago. Since this is a pretty old item at this point, I’m going to close it. I know our portal team has spent a lot of time over the last two years working on improving the experience for both storage and generally. We hope you’re willing to give it a try.

Please feel free to open new issues around the storage account experience in the portal. We would very much like to hear from you.

Thanks,

Will Gries
    Program Manager, Azure storage

13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry you had this issue. Since opened and last updated 2 years, we assume this issue was a momentary blip in service functionality that has long since been corrected.

Please feel free to reach out if this is an ongoing issue and we’d be happy to help.

Thanks,

Will Gries

14. cannot delete storage account

When trying to delete Storage Account I get an error saying it has active images or disks. But the images or disks mentioned are nowhere to be seen because they are already deleted.

description
    Failed to delete storage account 'inglabma'. Unable to delete storage account 'inglabma': 'Storage account inglabma has some active image(s) and/or disk(s), e.g. inglabMagento-inglabMagento-os-1452503276435. Ensure these image(s) and/or disk(s) are removed before deleting this storage account.'.
    status
    Error
    time
    Thursday, January 21, 2016, 11:29:25 AM
    correlation IDs
    EBE69672-ECD5-4606-B46B-9BB6BFEA9763

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry you had this issue. Since this was opened 2 years ago, I assume this was likely a momentary blip in service functionality that has long been correct.

Please feel free to reach out if this is an ongoing issue and we’d be happy to take a look to see what’s going on.

Thanks,

Will Gries

15. cancelar la cuenta

SALUDOS QUIERO BORRAR LOS ELEMENTOS QUE TENGO NO ME DEJA

NO ESTOY USANDO EL SERVICIO QUIERO CANCELAR TODO

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks,

Will Gries

16. bug:Unable to choose bacpac

I keep getting the same error trying to choose a bacpac for importing to a new database. After I select the storage account and container, I get an error loading tile, as seen in the attached image. If I keep reloading, evenutally I will see the blobs load for the container, but will then get other odd errors.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Apologies for this issue and our slow response… since this was opened 3 years, ago, we assume this was a bug that has been since fixed. Please feel free to reach out to us if this is still ongoing or if this reoccurs.

Thanks,

Will Gries

17. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can create tables through your storage account or through CosmosDB. Additionally, Azure offers several other types of SQL and No-SQL databases that let you create tables, including SQL Server/SQL Azure.

Hope this help! Thank you for your feedback!

Will Gries

18. sucks. I cant delete my storage resource to avoid any charges. And microsoft is keep charging to my my account

sucks. I cant delete my storage resource to avoid any charges. And microsoft is keep charging to my account.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks,

Will Gries

19. Failed to delete storage account 10:51 AM Failed to delete storage account ladep6k61d1y. Unable to delete storage account 'ladep6k61d1y': 'S

Failed to delete storage account
    10:51 AM
    I have tried all my techniques and deleted everything but still azure is holding on something.

Failed to delete storage account ladep6k61d1y. Unable to delete storage account 'ladep6k61d1y': 'Storage account ladep6k61d1y has some active image(s) and/or disk(s), e.g. ladekar-ladekar-os-1449274728189. Ensure these image(s) and/or disk(s) are removed before deleting this storage account.'.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks,

Will Gries

20. RG: locked storage account when provisioning

Hi've a OS Disk added to the repository, stored on a LRS storage account.
    When I try to deploy the machine, Ibiza portal "locks" the destination storage account to a premium one. I can't select or create a new storage account.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks,

Will Gries

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base