Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Bug: Azure Blob Client has issues when reading a stream that is larger than StreamMinimumReadSizeInBytes and the buffer is not base2

See attached example C# file that illustrates the issue.
    When using an pageBlob.OpenRead(), along with a non-base2 buffer (i.e. 15 vs 16 bytes) to read the stream ( blobStream.Read(blobBuffer, 0, blobBuffer.Length); ) it will fail when you cross the boundary defined by StreamMinimumReadSizeInBytes

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add functionality to check for queue with no entries (including invisible entries)

When a queue becomes empty I want to kick off some processing. However queue empty does not equal complete empty as there might be invisible objects on the queue that might come back. Thus it is not truly empty.

Functionality to check a queue _really_ empty i.e. no objects invisible or visible would be very useful.

Currently what I'm using is "peekMessage" returning null but this returns null even if there are invisible objects on the queue

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Queues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Storage tiering / Replication

- Offer capability like SSD/Sata/Sas high perf, Low cost with automatic tiering, offer deduplication capability mean in the same Data center store 10 times the same file for the same price, the capability to use DPM for Backup , SCOM capability ...
    Offer live replication in active /active Mode with GSLB like front end capability ..

But Azure is a very good product.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. give the user an option of publish a queue message once a blob is uploaded to container, so that the users don't have to writing cod

give the user an option of publish a queue message once a blob is uploaded to container, so that the users don't have to writing code explicitly to pushing queue message, make this configurable will be perfect. Since the blobs uploaded will probably (what i am doing now) be consumed by other process in some case.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make SourceKey; DestKey; SAS More Accessible From The Storage Container Interface & Improve Written Doc For

The web site documentation for Windows Azure Powershell is incomplete and most tasks needed for getting keys , SAS and or journal files should be accessible from the storage contained management interface of Azure on line...

Active Directory Functionality should be able to run with a proxy domain designations until formal domains can be obtained and or domains should be sold and generated on demand....

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Queues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Exploring Storage in the preview portal

Perhaps I am missing something but it looks like there could be some circular logic as I explore storage I can explore more storage and loop around to the storage I am exploring.

That and I cannot seem to explore into containers just at the root. So what is inside the containers does not appear to be surfaced.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to specify IP range in the SAS URL when exporting Managed Disk

Managed disks is really great feature, however it seems that user can't specify IP ranges from which to accept requests in SAS URL when exporting the disk.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Unmanaged Disks Storage  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add the lease start datetime as a property of a blob

That will allow us to calculate the age of the lease, which will help in determining if we should break the lease. For example, if a job is terminated an infinite lease will stick on the blob. But if we can calculate how old is the lease, then we can determine whether to break it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Scanning historical documents that can be keyword search to access

Just as I said above. We have 57 years of historical community foundation information on Donors and Grants to non-profits. We want to put them into the cloud and be able to access the data by keyword or date searching

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Physical Import/Export Locations

Physical Import/Export Locations (perhaps Microsoft Retail Stores) where we can bring our drives to have data uploaded/downloaded from Azure, without the delay of shipping. If this also removed the per drive cost, we could also partition our data across more drives, improving performance further.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Import/Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Azure Storage - Delete Blob with Snap Shot Fails - Error 409 Conflict

We were creating a snapshot each time we updated a blob to preserve the version of the blob. However when we tried to delete the blob we received Error 409 Conflict (error msg did not tell us why). When we changed the delete statement from await blockBlob.DeleteIfExistsAsync() to await blockBlob.DeleteIfExistsAsync(DeleteSnapshotsOption.IncludeSnapshots, null, null, null) the delete worked. Apparently having snapshots associated to a blob causes a delete conflict. Makes sense but can we have a more descriptive error message? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Daily expense email reports - Better way to limit the expenses on Azure

I just got a surprise that my Azure MSDN account was disabled due to no credit left this month, but it was a surprise for because I was sure I had shutdown all my VM's. But apprently they were still running.

So I would like a way to receive daily expesnse report, so I can be on top of the expenses in a better way

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. View only access to queue, table content in the preview portal

Every time I try free trial and use azure queue and table for practice - I feel that view only access to azure table and queue is not available and I end building my own. It will easier to continue exploring similar azure features if view only access to contents are available - for example, for azure queue - view currently queued messages. If Azure portal is not suitable for it, then may be some Microsoft tool do the same - something like MMC in windows server.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Goto last page

If i want to see the last page in Storage > ... > Containers i have to click "next" 30 times.
    Please add an "go to last page" or so i can write a number to go to.

Oliwer

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide a way to encrypt or obfuscate blob names

My application stores a lot of files containing user data, where each blob is named after a corresponding primary-key in a relational database.

Currently my blob storage container is private and all requests for blobs are proxied through my web application.

To reduce server load I would like to expose the blobs directly, however this would mean exposing the raw blob name to end-users, which gives away the unencrypted database primary-key value.

I know I can prevent access to blobs using Shared Access Signatures however I don't need that kind of security - I just want to obfuscate blob names…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Idempotent entity deletion (i.e. delete with retry should work)

In cloud apps, it's important to make all operations idempotent, to facilitate handling behavior of intermittent hardward/software faults. In particular, the DELETE operation on the Table Storage is not idempotent (deleting a missing entity throws an error code). It would be much better if it was possible to specify an optional idempotent behavior.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. storage diagnostics connection info

When storage diagnostics is enabled, show a link or connection info to access the logs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support sharing database for storage emulator

For team work, we hope we can share the Storage Emulator to use the same database, maybe host on a center test machine. By running command 'wastorageemulator init -server MyServerName -inprocess', it only allows one person to init the storage emulator database (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23127580/can-multi-azure-storage-emulators-config-to-use-same-sql-server).

It's very convenient for team to developer/test the features locally before deploy to cloud.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Paging issue in Azure table Storage 4.0

While using the Azure Table Storage 4.0, i discovered an issue with the paging functionality.
    If fire a query which returns more than 30 records, I have to move to the next page to view the excess records.
    Suppose i was on Page 2 and now i fire a query which returns less than 30 values.
    In this case, I am unable to see any records because the page isn't reset and it still shows me page 2 which has no records.
    I hope you will look into this issue and fix it in the future release.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. CloudStorageAccount.Parse(): Support SafeString

CloudStorageAccount.Parse(): Today takes string as parameter, as it contains username/password, I think it would be better if it took a SafeString.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base