Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add readonly storage account keys via service management APIs

Add readonly storage account keys via service management APIs.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. add metadata to Table Storage tables

It would be very useful if table could have metadata associated with them beyond just their name. A user-defined metadata entity (just like a table entity) would be awesome.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a Chocolatey package for Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer

Chocolatey makes it easy to install and upgrade programs. This should be easy to create with each deployment

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Storage Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Changing the maximum URL length for the development storage emulator REST api

I'm making a request to the local storage which is over 300 characters in length. (Pretend this request is over 300 characters)

http://127.0.0.1:10002/devstoreaccount1/MyTableName(PartitionKey='MyReallyLongPartitionKey',RowKey='MyReallyLongRowKey')

I receive the following error message:

Bad Request - Invalid URL
    HTTP Error 400. The request URL is invalid.

Now, if I shorten the keys for a total length of 300 for the URL, I receive the ResourceNotFound error, which is fine, of course, as there is no such entity.

Obviously, it's allowable to have valid PartitionKeys and RowKeys queries exceeding the length of 300.

Is there any way to change the maximum URL length that the…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Storage Emulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. build a journaling system for azure table storage

Cloud storage services such as Windows Azure Table storage do present somewhat unique opportunities for protecting us against failures. Yaron Goland has proposed (http://www.goland.org/do-i-need-to-backupjournal-my-windows-azure-table-store/) what he termed a "journal" system which captures all PUT, POST & DELETE operations against a service:

I would like to have a journal that records every command issued against the system ... then when I find out about a data logic corruption bug caused by my front end I could at least try to figure out which of my users was likely to be affected by reviewing the journal

The very nature of…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. CORS Rule

Currently we are able to enable CORS with exact domain(ex: http://www.abc.com) or all origin ("*"). can you provide feature for supporting all sub domains say http://*.abc.com so that CORS will enabled for all sub domains of abc.com and restricted for all other domains.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Azure File Sync: allow turning off ACL sync

Given untrusted servers within a sync group, want to sync file contents but not sync ACL's. ACL's will be set on servers independently of Sync.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Create storage account sharding infrastructure.

Create storage account sharding infrastructure. It's an enormous, error prone task to create this infrastructure by hand. This really needs to be baked into the infrastructure.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide Predicate Overload method for TableQuery Class

Currently in Azure SDK 2.4, to query out Azure table with minimal columns along with predicate condition, we use to do like below

string partitionKey = TableQuery.GenerateFilterCondition("PartitionKey", QueryComparisons.Equal, period);
    string rowKey = TableQuery.CombineFilters(TableQuery.GenerateFilterCondition("RowKey", QueryComparisons.GreaterThanOrEqual, startRowKeyCompliance),
    TableOperators.And, TableQuery.GenerateFilterCondition("RowKey", QueryComparisons.LessThan, endRowKeyCompliance));
    string Condition = TableQuery.CombineFilters(partitionKey, TableOperators.And, rowKey);

var query = new TableQuery<T>();
    query.SelectColumns = new list<string>("prop1",....); //the Property list of target Object.
    query.FilterString = Condition; //here condition is of string type , can we have option of Predicate type
    tableReference.ExecuteQuery(query);

Above Query executes perfect.But ss there a way, where i can pass Expression<Func<T, bool>> predicate has Filter to TableQuery. We Tried by…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. create an API method for getting the number of BLOBs in a Container

As far as I understand, there is currently no method for getting the total number of blobs in a single container.

And there is also the maximum number of blobs per request (5.000).

We have containers with 10k - 100k blobs so we would really need a way of quickly checking the number of blobs that are in a container.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Our apologies for not updating this ask earlier. Storage analytics at the container level is on our backlog, but is unlikely to be released in the coming year. Currently, account level analytics are available. In order to monitor, diagnose and troubleshoot an Azure Storage account, please see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/storage-monitoring-diagnosing-troubleshooting. In .Net you can now use the Analytics class to process these metrics. The API can be referenced at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/microsoft.windowsazure.storage.analytics.aspx. For any further questions, or to discuss your specific scenario, send us an email at azurestoragefeedback@microsoft.com.

11. Import/Export Feature in Brazil. Without it is not practical to sell big workloads

We have several scenarios where customers have huge workloads and it's being impractial do upload those data to Azure using WAN Links

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Import/Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Jeff Irwin responded

Can those who have voted for this feature please provide some more details about what specifically they would like to see added to these technologies?

13. Block deleting of Storage Accounts if Not Empty

If I am supposed to store Terra Bytes of data, in Management Portal easy delete option is very dangerous. Along with no way to retrieve deleted data. Even accidentally it does happen, today I created a test blob storage to test media services and then decided to delete it. I noticed, I could easily have selected something else and deleted it.

1. Two Factor Delete Operation, send a code to email and ask user to enter the code to delete.
    2. Perform delete after actual 24 hours.
    2. Use some sort of warning indication in email that delete request is…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add support for ScanIndexForward

Add support for a query parameter like ScanIndexForward (like with Amazon DynamoDB). This parameter would allow us to scan a range from back to front without using a descending row key. This is not the same as an order by, this simply let's me control whether Azure Tables get results in forward or reverse order. The latter is often very useful when you do event sourcing.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. SAS behavior for replacing/overwriting blobs

It would be useful to define in the SAS token what to do in case of creating a blob with an existing name. The current behavior replaces/overwrites the existing blob.
    Furthermore the default behavior is somehow a security threat, because a hacker having a SAS could replace existing entries.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. Today, a write (w) permission would be required in the SAS for replacement of existing entries. We have work planned to automatically generate snapshots on overwrites to save existing data in this case. We will provide updates when they become available. For any further questions, or to discuss your specific scenario, send us an email at azurestoragefeedback@microsoft.com.

16. Allow complex types in Azure tables storage

Currently azure tables only support simple properties and flat entities. It would be great to make it more of a "object/graph" database with the ability to cascade entities, and do deep oData queries.

You could just make RavenDB available on azure.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Blob Storage :: Enable filtration in listing APIs

The Azure Blob Storage service is intended to be scalable, but the APIs do not enable filtration of results. The Azure Blob Storage service should enable filtration of container and blob listing at the service fabric layer.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to sort entries in storage account. It is currently not possible to sort entries in the storage account.

It is currently not possible to sort entries in the storage container. Always the last entry is shown first ans you must every time scroll down and click to Show the next page. It would be better to Show the last entry at first

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add support for distributed and/or centralized BranchCache mode for Azure Files

Add support for distributed and/or centralized BranchCache mode for Azure Files to provide better end user experience and remove some of the issues with latency.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make blob storage publisher publish snapshot events for Event Grid

Currently the blob storage publisher can publish BlobCreated and BlobDeleted when an object is created/update and deleted respectively. However no events are published when a blob is snapshotted.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base