Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support for HTTPS endpoints to Azure Storage Emulator

The Azure storage emulator doesn't support HTTPS endpoints. That means that when we develop locally under SSL, we either have mixed content warnings or get broken links.

"Note that the storage emulator supports connection via HTTP only. However, HTTPS is the recommended protocol for accessing resources in an Azure production storage account."
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/storage-configure-connection-string/

158 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Storage Emulator  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. Providing this functionality is on our backlog but there is no ETA we can share at this time. We have logged this request in the GitHub repository for the new open source storage emulator, Azurite. Please continue the discussion there: https://github.com/Azure/Azurite/issues/38. We will provide updates when they become available on this ask as well as in the GitHub repository. For any further questions, or to discuss your specific scenario, send us an email at azurestoragefeedback@microsoft.com.

2. Add NFS Protocol Support Azures Files Shares OR Support old CFS clients

Azure files shares are awesome. It basically provides a great PAAS NAS for a group of Azure VMs, I can't overstate how useful this feature is.

It's still in preview, but there is a significant problem that won't get added by the time it goes GA. The problem is that many Linux CIFS clients that come on standard builds won't support it. My example is that neither Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.4, nor 7.0 support it (using the Azure templates), even after installing the latest supported CIFS clients.

Since Azure Files shares are basically like NAS for Azure VM's, please realize…

464 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  15 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to sort entries in storage account. It is currently not possible to sort entries in the storage account.

It is currently not possible to sort entries in the storage container. Always the last entry is shown first ans you must every time scroll down and click to Show the next page. It would be better to Show the last entry at first

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Blob Storage :: Enable filtration in listing APIs

The Azure Blob Storage service is intended to be scalable, but the APIs do not enable filtration of results. The Azure Blob Storage service should enable filtration of container and blob listing at the service fabric layer.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Import/Export Feature in Brazil. Without it is not practical to sell big workloads

We have several scenarios where customers have huge workloads and it's being impractial do upload those data to Azure using WAN Links

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Import/Export  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. AzCopy should support filtering of table entities

Just like a Pattern parameter for copying blobs, there should be a similar parameter for copying table entities.

It should be possible to filter both on partition and and row keys.

I personally find it quite seldom that I need to copy entire table.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  AzCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Optimise retrieving of multiple entities across partitions

If I request multiple entities, for example with the filter

(PartitionKey=1 AND RowKey=2) OR (PartitionKey=3 AND RowKey=4)

then a full table scan is performed. Of course, it's more performant to make two queries for fast access to the specific records, but when the client is miles away, perhaps on a mobile device, the extra network traffic for two requests is itself problematic. I'd like the API to internalise the need to split this request into two, retrieve the two entities, then combine them into a single response rather than performing a full table scan. This would provide the best performance…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add readonly storage account keys via service management APIs

Add readonly storage account keys via service management APIs.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow monitoring and alerting for IOpS consumption for Storage Accounts and individual BLOBS

Allow monitoring and alerting for IOpS consumption for Storage Accounts and individual BLOBS.

There are capacity limits in Azure for these items but no meaningful way to measure them.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We now offer a “Usage” blade that allows you to view capacity for the blob portion of a Storage account. We also offer alert rules for blob capacity and total requests as well. There are no plans to extend this to individual blobs at this time, but this is something we will look into periodically. Thanks for your feedback!

10. Daily expense email reports - Better way to limit the expenses on Azure

I just got a surprise that my Azure MSDN account was disabled due to no credit left this month, but it was a surprise for because I was sure I had shutdown all my VM's. But apprently they were still running.

So I would like a way to receive daily expesnse report, so I can be on top of the expenses in a better way

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide "ForceSerializeAttribute" for TableEntity-derived properties and fields

In a sense, it would be the opposite of the existing "IgnorePropertyAttribute" by forcing the serialization of decorated fields and properties (even if it they are private)

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make SourceKey; DestKey; SAS More Accessible From The Storage Container Interface & Improve Written Doc For

The web site documentation for Windows Azure Powershell is incomplete and most tasks needed for getting keys , SAS and or journal files should be accessible from the storage contained management interface of Azure on line...

Active Directory Functionality should be able to run with a proxy domain designations until formal domains can be obtained and or domains should be sold and generated on demand....

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Queues  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please have SAS URLs for a range of tables!

I see people like myself resorting to stupid hacks in order to workaround the fact that there is no way to give access (including create table permission) to a range of similarly named tables within a storage account.

I want to do e.g. table.GetSharedAccessSignature(urlPolicy,

tablePrefix: "TablePrefix",

startPartitionKey: _partitionKey,
    startRowKey: null,
    endPartitionKey: _partitionKey,
    endRowKey: null);

Please could you just add a first-class way to do this with SAS tokens?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Azure Antimalware should be able to scan blob storage

Azure Antimalware should be able to scan blob storage. Currently you have to save the file a a file system for the real time protection to be able to scan it. Once it has been scanned then you would have to move it to the blob storage. Would like to be able to write directly to blob storage and have the real time protection monitoring the files.

330 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Performance of Azure Table Storage Degrades with More # of Columns in Azure Table

Hi,

When we are having Azure table with 150 + Columns performance of really degrades. For Example : If i have Customer table with 150 Columns and I need to transform Customer Table with specific 25 columns to CustomerDTO object,

Here is the following code used to convert Table object to DTO Object

public IEnumerable<T1> ExecuteQuery<T, T1>( string predicate )

where T : TableEntity, IDomainData, new()  //T is Customer Table Entity

where T1 : new() //T1 is CustomerDTO
    {
    Type typeParameterType = typeof(T);
    CloudTable tableReference = tableClient.GetTableReference(typeParameterType.Name);
    var query = new TableQuery&lt;T&gt;();
    query.SelectColumns = typeof(T1).GetListOfPropertyNames();//Gets the Property list of target
    3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide Predicate Overload method for TableQuery Class

Currently in Azure SDK 2.4, to query out Azure table with minimal columns along with predicate condition, we use to do like below

string partitionKey = TableQuery.GenerateFilterCondition("PartitionKey", QueryComparisons.Equal, period);
    string rowKey = TableQuery.CombineFilters(TableQuery.GenerateFilterCondition("RowKey", QueryComparisons.GreaterThanOrEqual, startRowKeyCompliance),
    TableOperators.And, TableQuery.GenerateFilterCondition("RowKey", QueryComparisons.LessThan, endRowKeyCompliance));
    string Condition = TableQuery.CombineFilters(partitionKey, TableOperators.And, rowKey);

var query = new TableQuery&lt;T&gt;();

query.SelectColumns = new list&lt;string&gt;(&quot;prop1&quot;,....); //the Property list of target Object.
    query.FilterString = Condition; //here condition is of string type , can we have option of Predicate type
    tableReference.ExecuteQuery(query);

Above Query executes perfect.But ss there a way, where i can pass Expression<Func<T, bool>> predicate has Filter to TableQuery. We Tried by…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add support for ScanIndexForward

Add support for a query parameter like ScanIndexForward (like with Amazon DynamoDB). This parameter would allow us to scan a range from back to front without using a descending row key. This is not the same as an order by, this simply let's me control whether Azure Tables get results in forward or reverse order. The latter is often very useful when you do event sourcing.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Goto last page

If i want to see the last page in Storage > ... > Containers i have to click "next" 30 times.
    Please add an "go to last page" or so i can write a number to go to.

Oliwer

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Let's sunset "One of the request inputs is not valid." to never be seen again

This is the most useless message ever. Also let the "valid" inputs succeed and return the bad ones.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support HTTP/2 and SPDY

With all the major browsers behind http/2 and deployed spdy/3 (chrome/ff/IE11) please implement this for Azure Storage

351 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base