Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Phishing webpages on blob

You folks really need to make reporting a malicious page easier - your reporting page is useless and doesn't work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for multiple byte ranges on blob read/write

We need random read (and later write) access to thousands of discrete ranges (each in the order of a few KBs) within very large binary blobs (in the order of 100s of GB). The current APIs force us to submit a single request for each such range. One negative aspect is billing, of course, but the main problem is the client-side and network loads for handling all these requests!

We would like to ask for the byte range support to be extended to multiple ranges (e.g. "bytes=from0-to0, from1-to1, ...").

The API should of course specify a maximum number of ranges…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. [Azure Storage] Lock for archived BLOB's rehydration

Offline storage like "Archive Tier" can be a good option for storing sensitive data.
    If storage account holder can lock his/her archived BLOB's rehydration, it could be very secure.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Blob Soft-Delete to Allow Filter Criteria

Similar to Lifecycle Management. Allow soft-delete functionality to be applied to only the container / prefixes that are specified in a rule.

Higher adoption rates of those who cannot easily migrate existing systems to new storage accounts in order to limit the scope of the soft-delete functionality.

There is currently no quick and easy way to undo the mess of soft-deletes and the performance impacts it can create.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. free disk monitor

Since classic alerts are retired, there is no option to monitor free disk space of a VM. I suggest creating a metric to monitor disk space, otherwise, administrators are not able to make sure their service is working fine.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make it possible to set the time frame for running Azure life cycle management policies

According to this page, https://docs.microsoft.com/sv-se/azure/storage/blobs/storage-lifecycle-management-concepts, it tells that the policy for block blob runs only once every day. Can we set the time to run these policies, so that we have better control over them? This might be useful for scenarios, for example: when we need to run archiving or cleaning up job during hours where business load is less.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support blob updates on Event Grid

It would be great if you could support blob updates on Event Grid. A blob change means we need to reprocess the blob.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Manage/Access uncommited blocks

Provide a means to manage uncommitted blocks via the portal or storage explorer. If you have a process that works with large files, and it fails for some reason, it leaves uncommitted blocks that can only be accessed via code or script. There is no means via the portal or storage explorer to clean the uncommitted blocks up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Gzip encoding for 404 document in static website hosting

I am hosting a vue SPA through static website hosting feature offered by Azure Blob storage. My files are gzip encoded and I add the respective header value when uploading. The site works fine!
    However, When I try to manually hit a URL (say, xyz.com/fgt) or an invalid URL (say, xyz.com/errorpage), it serves me the gzip gibberish instead of an HTML file. This is a behavior that you see when "Content-encoding: gzip" is not added to your HTML file but I do during my deployment. That's how I am able to see my site in the first place. However, if…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Static sites: add support for URL rewrite rules

Simple URL rewrite rules are very common in static site hosting, especially rules to map any request to a common index.html page. This allows client-side script to handle the route URL. For example, here's a rule in an Azure Website web.config to do exactly this:

<rule name="Route page requests to index.html" stopProcessing="true" patternSyntax="Wildcard">>
    <match url="*" />
    <conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAll">
    <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsFile" ignoreCase="true" negate="true" />
    <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsDirectory" ignoreCase="true" negate="true" />
    </conditions>
    <action type="Rewrite" url="/index.html" />
    </rule>

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Azure Storage Life Cycle Management

Current Azure Storage Life cycle management supports only BaseBlob, which is restricting to having cleanup of Pageblobs. Can Azure expedite to support page blob and also make easier on the Life Cycle Management screen input design with graphical interface rather than having scripted way.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Raise the default storage signed version for anonymous requests to above 2011-08-18

My customer used blob to serve anonymous request for their video site. They noticed that users using chrome or android could not adjust the playback progress, which is caused by the low default storage signed version 2009-09-19 not supporting Range in HTTP header.
    Is it possible to raise the default signed version from 2009-09-19 to at least 2011-08-18 so that customer would not need to set the default signed version manually in this case?

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable life cycle management for append blob

Currently life cycle management is only supported for block blob. We are using Azure SQL DB auditing feature and this is creating huge amount of blob files.But these are of append blob type and that is not supported by life cycle management. Please provide support for append blob so that we can manage these log files properly.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Multiple IP Support for storageAccount networkAcl ARM Templates

Microsoft.Storage/storageAccounts Azure Resource Manager definitions format. Currently there is no way to specify multiple IPs in an IpRule for the networkAcls config. As such, it is difficult to maintain whitelisted IPs in the "variables" or "parameters" section of my ARM template. Could multiple IP support be integrated?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

16. sp_addsubscription

The parameter @backupdevicetype in sp_addsubscription doesn't have a value for the Azure blob Storage

I am trying to initialize a subscription using database backup file on an Azure blob storage. The stored Procedure sp_addsubscription only accepts to values Disk and Tape for the parameter: @backupdevicetype. Please figure out how we can include backup taken to URL.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Azure Blob Storage - Retrieve user that reads or writes blob in Storage Container

Hello

Just an idea regarding Azure Storage:

Making available and easy how to know the AD user that writes or reads a blob file in a container. I cannot see the property at blob level, neither in Storage Account Activity Log (at least for a specific blob file).

Would be there a way to know, for each blob in my container, which user has accessed it and how it dealt with the blob?

It's not an option in the current logs that are generated, they aren't fine grained. the current log format would only indicate whether the request was authenticated…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Lifecycle Management to support other blob types than just BlockBlob

It is too restrictive to only offer lifecycle management to BlockBlob. For example we use AppendBlob for some logging and cannot auto delete those after a period of time. It would be good to be able to specify retention policies on those types as well.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Diagnostics logs are generating 404, when the directory structure is not there yet.

Diagnostics logs are generating 404, when the directory structure is not there yet in the Blob Container. In Application Insight, it's giving a false impression that there are issues of 404. We need to filter these errors, but its should be handled or hidden for us.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. monitor success and failure of file uploaded to blob

Our customer needs to monitor the success and failure of file uploaded to blob. Because failure upload results in unecpected error for their application.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base