Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Varying latencies for blob storage reads on stress runs

Latency and throttling errors on storage reads for small (1MB) and large (10 MB) requests are being encountered without any other visible change to the requests, app service CPI or memory. It is possibly linked to trying to access 64KB blocks at a time, as the blocks are read/decompressed/decrypted in 512KB blocks.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. azcopy service principal login doesn't work from within linux docker container

Ability to login to azcopy with a service principal from within a Linux docker container.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Azcopy sync with preserved original folders/files time stamp on Blob Storage

Azcopy sync with preserved original folders/files time stamp on Blob Storage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  AzCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Relax the restrictions on storage account name

Unlike most other azure resources, storage accounts have an overly strict naming restriction (must be globally unique, 3-24 length of lowercase letters and numbers only).

This means Azure users cannot add any meaningful naming conventions to them compared to other azure resources - e.g. they can't contain hyphens, must be less than 24 characters, they can't have the same storage account name per environment, and have to be different GLOBALLY, etc.

This restriction is overly limiting and means storage accounts are a pain to manage.

I think this restriction only exists because the storage account name is put in the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve Microsoft.Storage ARM API to provide full Connection String

In a million ARM templates, people write things like:

[concat('DefaultEndpointsProtocol=https;AccountName=', variables('storageAccountName'), ';AccountKey=', listKeys(variables('storageAccountId'),'2015-05-01-preview').key1)]

It's annoying and this example is not portable to other Azure clouds, a portable example would be even worse.

As a quality-of-life improvement. Please provide a convenient combined property that works for all clouds. It could be something like

[listKeys(variables('storageResourceId'), '2020-12-31').ConnectionString]

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please support local <-> local source and destination for file sync

I love the AzCopy tool and use it frequently to sync files between Windows 10 and Blob storage. Recently I wanted to sync a folder of files on Windows 10 to my external storage and discovered AzCopy does not support local to local copy. Is that by design?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  AzCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [BUG REPORT] Do not charge for egress when transferring between two Azure Files accounts in the same data center on the same subscription.

We recently transferred about 3 TB of data from a "standard" SKU storage account to an Azure Files "Premium" SKU storage account. Both storage accounts were in the same region -- US West 2 -- and on the same subscription. We used Azure Storage Explorer to perform the transfer, allowing it to transfer at speeds of up to 4 Gbps. Despite this, we were charged for 3 TB of egress.

Based on the pricing page for Azure, this type of transfer should NOT be billed for:
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/details/bandwidth/

We reached out to Azure Support to ask why we were charged for…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. how can I chose storage system between blob and data lake storage?

I saw on the azure has two storage systems blob and DLS , and if I stored the data stored in a blob at the beginning, then I want to do some data analysis, I need to copy all the data to DLS due to the performance of directory, do you plan to realize conversion between DLS and blob to avoid the data movement?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Support Hyper-V over SMB on Azure Files Share

Hi. Please add support to deploy Hyper-V over SMB (Azure File Share). I'm using DS4_v3 Azure VM, I do create nested Hyper-V VMs in it. I would like to be able to attach VHDs to nested Hyper-V VMs stored in Azure File Share over SMB protocol. I'm able to create VHDs and store them in Azure File Share, but I'm not able to attach VHDs to the Nested Hyper-V VMs. I'm guessing because I do not have "Full Control" for files and folders even though I have map network drive with Storage Access keys.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow custom domains to Azure File Shares

We are unable to create a CNAME in our on-prem DNS to point to an existing Azure file share e.g <storageaccount>.file.core.windows.net&lt;shared folder>. This can be done on blobs/containers, but not file shares.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add storage account firewall names

Please add naming option to firewall entries. Similar to that used in VMs.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Can we store Azure Storage Metrics in Eventhub?

Can we store Azure Storage Metrics in Eventhub? I've created a diagnostic setting for the Azure Storage account with a destination to an eventhub. However I don't see the stream. Do the logs and metrics only stay in the storage blobs?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create a Multi-Region Key Vault. Add Multi-Region Key Vault to Encryption Scope so that it can support RA-GRS.

Encryption Scope depends on Key Vault
    Key Vault has a collocation constraint which prevents that it work on multiple regions
    Encryption Scope is incompatible with RA-GRS and does not support secondary failover region

112 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Azure blob storage - cannot create folders from container page

There is no option to create folders from container page for blob storage. Users must use the Storage Explorer to create the folder. Add the option to create the folder from container page.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Static website file filtering

I'm using the static website feature to deploy a React app. Everything works fine, but it would be nice to be able to add rules to add file filtering. Currently i'm excluding '.map' files when using upload-batch so that users browsing the website can only see the concatenated files through the dev console. Since these file names are always changed, I can not change access levels on individual files. It would be nice to be able to add filters to exclude certain files to be served, or change access levels based on these filters.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Azure.Storage.QuickQuery 12.0.0-preview.1 dependencies are conflicting

Based on this
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/data-lake-storage-query-acceleration-how-to?tabs=dotnet

Trying to install the package.

Why not just publish the package to nuget?

NU1605: Detected package downgrade: Azure.Storage.Common from 12.5.0-preview.1 to 12.4.0-preview.1. Reference the package directly from the project to select a different version.
    QuickQuery -> Azure.Storage.QuickQuery 12.0.0-preview.1 -> Azure.Storage.Blobs 12.5.0-preview.1 -> Azure.Storage.Common (>= 12.5.0-preview.1)
    QuickQuery -> Azure.Storage.QuickQuery 12.0.0-preview.1 -> Azure.Storage.Common (>= 12.4.0-preview.1)
    NU1605: Detected package downgrade: Azure.Core from 1.2.2 to 1.1.0. Reference the package directly from the project to select a different version.
    QuickQuery -> Azure.Storage.QuickQuery 12.0.0-preview.1 -> Azure.Storage.Blobs 12.5.0-preview.1 -> Azure.Core (>= 1.2.2)
    QuickQuery -> Azure.Storage.QuickQuery 12.0.0-preview.1 -> Azure.Core (>= 1.1.0)
    Package restore failed.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. MD5 checks also on uploads, not only on downloads

Maybe I am overly cautions, but I would like to have azcopy also check the MD5 hashes on upload, not only on download.

I refer to the documentation here, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-use-azcopy-files#upload-files where they talk about MD5 only for download.

It would give me peace of mind if

• prior to upload, the local file's MD5 hash is calculated

• the file is uploaded

• the MD5 hash on the server is calculated

• the upload fails if the hashes are not equal

And, why not use SHA256 instead of MD5?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  AzCopy  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. signature sap already used

i have this message when i want to i upload a file

Échec du transfert de 'D:\2018.pst' vers 'ingestiondata/' (signature SAP utilisée)

do you have any idea?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Storage Explorer  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Dynamic ACL Rule

The ability to automatically assign an ACL to a specific group based on the name of the directory.
    For example, a folder in a container with a specific character forward match can be given RWX rights to a specific AD group

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Near real-time detection of a message in previously empty Azure Queue Storage

Currently, Azure Queue Storage consumer must continuously poll for messages an empty Azure Queue Storage to detect when a new message is available. This leads to high cost when fast processing of the first message in a previous empty queue is required.

Possible solutions:
    • Support long pooling to reduce the number of requests
    • Support events from Azure Queue Storage (to Azure Event Grid) like “Messages Available in a previous empty queue and not consumed for 100ms”.

Please note that the following workarounds are not sufficient:
    • Use Azure Service Bus instead of Azure Storage Queue.
    • Support backoff…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 47 48
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base