Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Memory-Optimized off-row storage issue

I have a problem because of data row-size of some tables greater than 8060bytes, so there was some off-row storage in internal xtp DMVs and those tables allocated a memory about 120GB.
    I alter that tables and reduce row-size to less than 8060bytes, the memory allocated to those tables reduce and the allocated memory to object_id=0 is being grow in sys.dm_db_xtp_table_memory_stats. I think The garbage collector thread cant find this orphaned object , thus it cant deallocate memory.
    another issue is 'Memory Allocated To Memory Optimized Objects' is 25GB where 'Memory Used By Memory Optimized Objects' is 62GB,

I offline…

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Azure AD authentication froman an application to manage Azure Table Storage

Currently only Queues and Blobs support this type of login. Authentication for our automations can't be aligned since tables do not support this type of login. See:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-auth-aad-app

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure Table Storage Events

Allow events to subscribe to fromAzure Table Storage row create, update and delete operations. This would be liked the blob create and update today except for table storage rows.

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our long-term goal is to have every service within Azure publish events, however, we have yet to begin work on this one.

As always, we’re passing the feedback along, but make sure you reach out to Storage as well so they hear your voice directly!

4. Editing Filters in SSMS Object Explorer doesn't Refresh the Filtered Results

As an example:

1. In SSMS Object Explorer, right-click on Tables and select Filter/Filter Settings
    2. Add some filter settings and click OK

If there we no pre-existing filter settings then the filter is applied and the Object Explorer is refreshed. However if there were existing settings clicking OK will do nothing and the user has to manually refresh the Object Explorer.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Table storage on persistent memory devices.

This could enable simple data modeling even for relational data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Have a TTL on Table Storage rows, so temporary data gets deleted

Say you are storing details about logs / orders / page views. You may not care about them after 2 weeks / 1 month / 1 year.

To save money it would be great to have a job run daily that deletes this data when it is deemed out of data by the system designer.

AWS has this in DynamoDB where you create a column for an expiration date on tables that will accumulate data that might be temporary by nature. When you create a row you populate this column with the timestamp in the future you want this deleted.…

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Deleting huge records of table storage

Approach/way to delete huge number of records at time rather than deleting block of 1000 from a table storage.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Azure table storage should have a way to set the retention policy

There should be a way to implement a Azure table storage retention policy such that anything older than n number of days can be deleted from table storage.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add autonumber index with identity increment column like sql server and DocumentDB

Don't want to worry about index column like i do on the row key.
    Please add column id with auto identity increment.

161 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide backup solution for Table Storage

Provide complex solution to backup and restore Table Storage with periodic backup option

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Provide backup Solution to Take the Backup of Entire Azure Storage Account to Avoid User Errors

Provide backup Solution/ option in Azure Management Portal to Take the Backup of Entire Azure Storage Account to Avoid User Errors. This option should have recurring electable schedule.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. RBAC for Azure Tables

Right RBAC works at a for certain resources like subscription or Cloud Service What I would love to see is the ability to grant read access for Azure Blobs/Tables to a specific user

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add support for gzip and/or deflate on Table Storage

I noticed that the Storage team has gone to great lengths to reduce bandwidth usage by switching to JSON. Take this to the next logical step and add support for the Accept-Encoding header in the client libraries and have the server return content gzipped or deflated. JSON compresses quite nicely, especially if the entities returned from a query are similar, which they nearly always will be if you're querying on PartitionKey and RowKey

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Provide Predicate Overload method for TableQuery Class

Currently in Azure SDK 2.4, to query out Azure table with minimal columns along with predicate condition, we use to do like below

string partitionKey = TableQuery.GenerateFilterCondition("PartitionKey", QueryComparisons.Equal, period);
    string rowKey = TableQuery.CombineFilters(TableQuery.GenerateFilterCondition("RowKey", QueryComparisons.GreaterThanOrEqual, startRowKeyCompliance),
    TableOperators.And, TableQuery.GenerateFilterCondition("RowKey", QueryComparisons.LessThan, endRowKeyCompliance));
    string Condition = TableQuery.CombineFilters(partitionKey, TableOperators.And, rowKey);

var query = new TableQuery<T>();
    query.SelectColumns = new list<string>("prop1",....); //the Property list of target Object.
    query.FilterString = Condition; //here condition is of string type , can we have option of Predicate type
    tableReference.ExecuteQuery(query);

Above Query executes perfect.But ss there a way, where i can pass Expression<Func<T, bool>> predicate has Filter to TableQuery. We Tried by…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Like (Contains) Operator for Azure Table

It would be very useful to use like (Contains) operator to query for rowkeys or partitionkeys, if it's not possible for partitionkeys then it could just be for rowkeys.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow batch insert and upsert of rows with different partition keys

Really self-explanatory. This is currently presenting a big bottleneck in my system because I must do up to 100 hundred separate roundtrips where I otherwise could have made a single.

This would also make it a lot easier to choose a proper RowKey/PartitionKey architecture for systems, where both performant insertions and retrievals are important.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mark TableEntity as Serializable

There is no way to expose AzureTable data directly via WebAPI due to Serializable requirement. Unfortunately TableEntity class doesn't have that attribute and forces to create a duplicated class. Please mark TableEntity class as serializable.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Azure Table Storage permissions to prevent deletion

It would be nice to be able to lock certain areas of Azure Storage to prevent operators/developers from deleting a table/container/queue by accident. Our specific need right now is for Azure Storage Tables but could potentially be for containers and queues. For example, it would be nice to lock a table to not allow deletion.

159 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please give us Count(), TakeLast(int i), Skip(int i)

There are many Scenarios were count is useful. Ich I write logs to Azure Tables most of the time i want to retreive the last n entries. It would be great if there would be something like TakeLast(int i) or Skip(int i) for doing something like Skip(count - take).Take(take).

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ability to delete from Table Storage by Partition

There is no good way to delete multiple entries in Table Storage. All you can do is delete one at a time. For logging tables this can become VERY expensive. It would be great if we had the ability to use Partitions as a way to delete logical groups of data in Table Storage in a single transaction.

This would allow for a partitioning scheme for grouping data in units that can easily be deleted. For example, logging data in WADLogsTable or rolling tables of data captured on a given partition can be archived easily and cleaned up.

711 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Tables  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base