Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide a preview feature for azure BLM policy on what blobs will be matched beforehand.

When configuring a blob life-cycle management policy one can also configure a filter set (prefix match). When using Portal, however, I see no way to preview what blobs will the filter match. The only way is to deploy to configuration and wait for the results to kick in. So the question would be: is there a way to preview what blobs will be matched beforehand?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Static website file filtering

I'm using the static website feature to deploy a React app. Everything works fine, but it would be nice to be able to add rules to add file filtering. Currently i'm excluding '.map' files when using upload-batch so that users browsing the website can only see the concatenated files through the dev console. Since these file names are always changed, I can not change access levels on individual files. It would be nice to be able to add filters to exclude certain files to be served, or change access levels based on these filters.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for downloading previous version of blob

With versioning support in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/versioning-overview, client is expected to track versions. It would be great to have support for client to query available versions for a blob, or at a minimum have a way to download N-1 version of blob. This can help in scenarios where blob represents some config, which if bad, allows the client to use the previous version as LKG.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Extend Point in Time Restore to support Page Blobs

Storage account PiTR currently works with block blobs, but not page blobs. Would be nice to be able to use this restore feature with page blobs.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable failover for immutable blobs

Currently failover of storage account containing immutable blob policy is unsupported.

However, it will be a huge problem in region disaster situation, where we cannot access immutable blob data any longer. Please consider implementing options to enable failover for such storage accounts.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-disaster-recovery-guidance#unsupported-features-and-services

A storage account containing any WORM immutability policy enabled containers cannot be failed over. Unlocked/locked time-based retention or legal hold policies prevent failover in order to maintain compliance.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Visual studio subscription storage account constraint

I have created a storage account on azure , but it is not allowing to upload file more than 2mb and any non csv file. Is this an issue with visual studio subscription.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Provide APIs for delete blobs by prefix

The blobs saved inside a container can be organised into different directories. But currently, if we have to delete all blobs inside a directory programmatically (we use NodeJS SDK) we have to first list all the blobs with prefix path and then delete all blobs one by one. If there is a feature similar to list by prefix to delete by prefix then it would have made the whole process simpler. The Storage Explorer already support deleting all the blobs inside a directory by filtering by prefix, select all and delete. If the same is exposed via a method in…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Atomic directory swaps (move directory over existing directory)

ADLS gen2 was built around an idea of a Filesystem-like hierarchical namespace, supporting atomic directory metadata operations.

Atopic substitution of an entire directory or its subdirectory (table partition) is a major load pattern for Data Lakes allowing a safe and performant mechanism for maintaining data integrity.

As of today (March 2021), based on our experimentation with Azure CLI, it does not allow atomic move of one directory on top of another existing directory (replacing it) - it throws an error. One is required to delete an old directory first, and then move the new one. This is a non-atomic process…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support TLS 1.3 for Azure Storage

When will TLS1.3 be available/supported for storage accounts?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Table diagnostic setting should not be flagged by policy for Standard Blob Storage

I have some policies that use to set the diagnostic setting for all available service's diagnostic setting in each kind of Azure Storage Account.

And my policies can detect the Table service in BlobStorage but the policy cannot do anything at all (e.g. do remediate to enable the diagnostic setting).

I understand that Table service is not supported in BlobStorage. In the Premium type it will not be flagged by policy as it should be, but in the Standard type it still be flagged even Table diagnostic setting has been disabled. And we can get the table service via the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. NotModified response is missing required headers

When making an anonymous http request for a blob, if the response is "304 The condition specified using HTTP conditional header(s) is not met." the HTTP spec indicates that you should be including the same ETag in this response as was sent in the original 200 response.
    This is not the case.

RFC 7232 Section 4.1

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Storage Account Events: Add Container delete notification (currently only blob delete notifications are available)

You have Microsoft.Storage.BlobDeleted but thre is no "ContainerDeleted". This should be trivial to implement.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Reading the change feed document - chunkfilepath

"chunkFilePaths": [

"$blobchangefeed/log/00/2019/02/22/1810/",

"$blobchangefeed/log/01/2019/02/22/1810/"
    ],

should the log sequence come in the end? viz.

"$blobchangefeed/log/2019/02/22/1810/00",

"$blobchangefeed/log/2019/02/22/1810/01"

instead of in-between? This will help read files by day. otherwise there may be another feed like below, and /log/01 prefix would lead to many days

"$blobchangefeed/log/00/2019/03/22/1810/",

"$blobchangefeed/log/01/2019/03/22/1810/"

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add the lease start datetime as a property of a blob

That will allow us to calculate the age of the lease, which will help in determining if we should break the lease. For example, if a job is terminated an infinite lease will stick on the blob. But if we can calculate how old is the lease, then we can determine whether to break it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide a way to encrypt or obfuscate blob names

My application stores a lot of files containing user data, where each blob is named after a corresponding primary-key in a relational database.

Currently my blob storage container is private and all requests for blobs are proxied through my web application.

To reduce server load I would like to expose the blobs directly, however this would mean exposing the raw blob name to end-users, which gives away the unencrypted database primary-key value.

I know I can prevent access to blobs using Shared Access Signatures however I don't need that kind of security - I just want to obfuscate blob names…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Azure Storage - Delete Blob with Snap Shot Fails - Error 409 Conflict

We were creating a snapshot each time we updated a blob to preserve the version of the blob. However when we tried to delete the blob we received Error 409 Conflict (error msg did not tell us why). When we changed the delete statement from await blockBlob.DeleteIfExistsAsync() to await blockBlob.DeleteIfExistsAsync(DeleteSnapshotsOption.IncludeSnapshots, null, null, null) the delete worked. Apparently having snapshots associated to a blob causes a delete conflict. Makes sense but can we have a more descriptive error message? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Azure Storage Lifecycle Management - Remove Folders Rule

Hi,

In Azure Storage Lifecycle Management, folders are not getting removed even though the blobs(files) are deleted after the given storage life cycle of tierToCool->tierToArchive->delete.

Thanks
    Jose

Thanks
    Jose

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Lifecycle Management in Azure Storage only removes empty folders that match the condition defined in the lifecycle management policy rules. If you have soft deleted objects in an otherwise empty folder, the folder will be deleted after the retention period has expired and the soft deleted objects are permanently deleted.

Please let us know if you’re facing an issue with this behavior.

18. custom domain does not route to index.html

An assigned custom domain does not route to index.html similar to the original Azure-assigned URL.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Access by SAS link

Can I close access by SAS link after it is created (long-term) and transferred to the user?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Event handler for blob read and custom query strings

Currently azure supports event handling for blob create and delete. Is there a possibility of enabling event handing for blob reads?

My idea we would like to pass custom querystring parameters to a blob url and use the read event handler to fire off an Azure Function to handle custom business logic

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base