Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Simplificar los metodos de acceso, llevo mas de 1 mes intentando simplemente descargar o cargar una imagen blob a mis cuenta con VB.net

Requiero recetas de cocina para subir y descargar imagenes con vb.net; he intentado de varias formas y es confuso porque ofrecen opciones que solo confunden o exlique claramente en que momento se usa cada forma y hagan ejemplos claros y simples que funcionen. Lo importante NO ES QUE SE SIENTAN GENIOS sino que todos usen sus herramientas facilimente y paguen con gusto por ello. Yo uso almacenamiento de blob donde subo y descargo con AZcopy armando comando desde VBA que ejecuto con shell, lo cual funciona bien, pero con VB.NET practicamente no tienen nada y todo casi es con c#,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Lifecycle Managment

I'm trying out the new Lifecycle Mgmt feature on Azure Storage and have two pieces of feedback to update documentation please.

1) The AzureRM PowerShell module does not support the new commands for setting lifecycle policy (Set-AzureRmStorageAccountManagementPolicy) and I have no idea what module to load in order to get this command-let. 2) I create a policy to move all stuff every day hot>cool>archive>delete as an experiment and I'm not seeing any state changes in the blobs. Any documentation on whey the policy is invoked, frequency would be helpful.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add support for UTF-8 for blob metadata for searching in metadata in non-english

At the moment, blobs metadata is support search index, but upload metadata support ONLY ASCII characters. https://github.com/Azure/azure-cosmosdb-dotnet/issues/552

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Container snapshot

Could you please allow us to create a Snapshot of container ( as whole). It is quite difficult to create snapshot of each blob incase if we have more number of blobs.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Set ImmutabilityPolicy for Blob container from .NET core

To my best knowledge it is currently not possible to set the ImmutabilityPolicy for a Blob container from .NET core. While it is possible from the .NET Framework, it is not from .NET core.

It would be great, if the ImmutabilityPolicy could be set and manipulated from .NET core.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. metadata for virtual folder

Can you metadata support to the virtual folder similar to the blobs. So that I can right click on folder and view or set metadata on folder which can then be inherited by the blobs within it

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Azure Set-AzureStorageBlobContent change size block

I would like to know how to upload a blob size changing their block size to 100 MB with the command {Set-AzureStorageBlobContent} because I have a problem that I exceed the 50.000 blocks allowed in a blob Storage.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I want set Cache-Control as an option, when Azure File Copy task

I read this article about static website hosting using a blob storage account version 2 in Azure
    - https://azure.microsoft.com/da-dk/blog/azure-storage-static-web-hosting-public-preview/

So, I updated my Azure File Copy deployment Azure DevOps's task to target a newly created Storage Account (GPv2) which contains a $web folder.
    So, in my Azure File Copy task I updated to version 2.* (Preview) and entered $web in the Container Name.
    But, we can not currently set Cache-Control.
    So, the cache can not be cleared.
    The latest content will not be displayed, because I am using Azure CDN.
    I want you to add the function as an option.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to add a wildcard hostname

Now azure storage can host static websites having the ability to point multiple host names at a storage account would be useful for multi tenancy, i would expect this to work by allowing you to add *.domain.name in the Custom domain blade.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Simplify the process to add a CDN endpoint for Static Website (Preview)

Hi Team,

Our customer provided the useful feedback on adding a CDN endpoint for the Storage Static Website (Preview).

The current process which set the origin type to custom domain and then use the domain https://example.z26.web.core.windows.net/ as the origin is a little confused for our customers.

So it is better to add a feature to help our customer to add CDN endpoint for Static Website simply or provide instructions on the Azure Portal page to help our customer to follow the process.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to filter metrics by container

Allow the ability to filter metrics by container in a storage account. Currently, you can only show Egress(sum) for the whole storage account and not on a container by container basis.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sign-in with AAD

Enable login with AAD.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Cannot bulk upload or use VSTS deploy for Static Website (Preview) as container name is $web

Hi,

I love the new Static Website (Preview) however as the name of the container being created is '$web', most of the existing tools to upload are failing with the message 'invalid container name'.

Ultimately, I would like to be using CICD from VSTS to upload my website once it has been built but having tried the out of the box Azure Blob Upload and various gulp/npm plugins i'm a bit stuck.

Could the name of the container be changed to web or static or something without a $?

Thanks

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Internal IP for static hosting

Loving the idea of static websites on an Azure blob storage. Would like to be able to add this site to an internal subnet so it can be placed behind an NSG, App Gateway or a Firewall. I understand this feature is in preview but this would allow a lot more solutions to meet client needs.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We would like to audit/log delete operations on Azure blob storage containers. Currently we can only do this at a Storage Account layer.

We are simply looking for more granularity with our storage logging in Azure. If someone were to view/delete our blob containers, we would like to see these operations logged and have the ability to alert on them.

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add capability for bulk deletion of blobs

Right now, deletion of a container is the only way a number of blobs can be deleted together. The drawback, however, is that the container name cannot be used again for some time. This causes inconvenience for a number of use cases.

Proposal: There should at least be way for emptying the container in one API call

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. CORS Rule

Currently we are able to enable CORS with exact domain(ex: http://www.abc.com) or all origin (""). can you provide feature for supporting all sub domains say http://.abc.com so that CORS will enabled for all sub domains of abc.com and restricted for all other domains.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make blob storage publisher publish snapshot events for Event Grid

Currently the blob storage publisher can publish BlobCreated and BlobDeleted when an object is created/update and deleted respectively. However no events are published when a blob is snapshotted.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Auto defragment append blobs

Append blobs are great, however, when a such a blob is generated through a long series of small increments, the read performance of the resulting blob is very poor: from 10x to 20x slower than reading a regular page blob.

The performance problem goes away if the app rewrite the append-blob in large 4MB chunks. However, this process is complicated to setup, and collides with any 'always-on' property of the app.

As append blobs are append-only, it would be much better if Azure was taking care of defragmenting the append blobs on its own; possible through a dedicated API operation…

81 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base