Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support Smaller Reserved Capacity like 10TB

I want smaller reserved capacity like 10TB.
    100TB is too big for me.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Account Failover for ADLS Gen2

Support Account failover for RA-GRS/GRS replication on storage accounts that have Hierarchical File System enabled.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable failover for immutable blobs

Currently failover of storage account containing immutable blob policy is unsupported.

However, it will be a huge problem in region disaster situation, where we cannot access immutable blob data any longer. Please consider implementing options to enable failover for such storage accounts.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-disaster-recovery-guidance#unsupported-features-and-services

A storage account containing any WORM immutability policy enabled containers cannot be failed over. Unlocked/locked time-based retention or legal hold policies prevent failover in order to maintain compliance.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. FindBlobsByTags support

I have a storage resource in East US, West US. I'm able to add tags to a blob but cannot filter by tags and get any matches using either the portal or using Azure.Storage.Blobs ver 12.7.0.

I realize East US, West US are not part of the preview, but there are no errors....just an empty result. I would have expected an error if it isn't supported but think that there is no error.

Any idea when East US, West US will be working?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. More options in the rule filter of Lifecycle Management

The rule filter of Lifecycle Management should have more options to fit various scenarios. In my case, I need to delete all files in a blob folder except of one file. I found there is no "exclude" option for me to create such rule. It would save me tremendous work if such rule can be created. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Worm compliance at object level

Please add a feature to support WORM policies at object level. Currently it's only supporting at container level. This has very potential and AWS already has this feature supporting at both object and bucket level.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Limit the size of files in a blob storage container/account

There should be a config option to limit the maximum size of any given file in a blob storage container or account. When I'm allowing a client to directly upload to my blob storage with an SAS, they could technically upload a file or any size and as they're not going through my app, there's no way for me to control this. I want to be able to say "any file in this container or account may be no larger than 10MB" or whatever.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Include AAD user name in $logs or Log analytics when using Azure portal

Many customers talked with me about this request.

We now have $logs and Diagnostic settings (preview) which can send log format 2.0 to Log Analytics.

The problem is that the log format 2.0 does not have the aad user name if an aad user reads/writes blobs from Azure portal.

Anyway, if I use azcopy --login and azcopy copy to upload files, the aad user can be recorded in the $logs and Log Analytics. Customers want the aad user in $logs if using Azure portal.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Extend Point in Time Restore to support Page Blobs

Storage account PiTR currently works with block blobs, but not page blobs. Would be nice to be able to use this restore feature with page blobs.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Restrict blob upload based on content-length

Restrict blob uploads using SAS URL's of containers.

The restriction should be based on the content-length or Blob size. This is not supported at the moment. This will help restrict unwanted large blobs.
    Able to restrict using content-type and cache-control headers.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Azure Storage Lifecycle Management - Remove Folders Rule

Hi,

In Azure Storage Lifecycle Management, folders are not getting removed even though the blobs(files) are deleted after the given storage life cycle of tierToCool->tierToArchive->delete.

Thanks
    Jose

Thanks
    Jose

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Lifecycle Management in Azure Storage only removes empty folders that match the condition defined in the lifecycle management policy rules. If you have soft deleted objects in an otherwise empty folder, the folder will be deleted after the retention period has expired and the soft deleted objects are permanently deleted.

Please let us know if you’re facing an issue with this behavior.

12. Filter set suffix match in storage lifecycle management

Same feature like präfix but with a suffix to filter for files that should be deleted.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add support for logical operators with FindBlobsByTags operation

Add support for logical operators such as OR/AND to the FindBlobsByTags operation. This will remove the need to execute multiple FindBlobsByTags operations and reduction on the client-side.

I've originally raised the question on GitHub as a documentation issue (https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/55912) and wish there was a tracking issue for the feature, but the team is using this forum. So here we are 🙂

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support for downloading previous version of blob

With versioning support in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/versioning-overview, client is expected to track versions. It would be great to have support for client to query available versions for a blob, or at a minimum have a way to download N-1 version of blob. This can help in scenarios where blob represents some config, which if bad, allows the client to use the previous version as LKG.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow to get a metadata from the soft-deleted blob

Currently we have to undelete a blob, get the metadata and then delete again.

For a short time, the soft-deleted blob is visible in the container, so can we have an option to fetch the metadata from the soft-deleted blob?

Thanks
    Roman Kiss

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Lifecycle management should have a warning message on Azure portal if applying to all blobs in all containers

When creating a lifecycle management rule on Azure portal, if the rule has no filters configured, it means that all blobs in all containers within that storage account will be affected, it's not good the rule for moving blobs to Archive tier, it will make some apps crash. So, I think BLM should have a warning message on Azure portal if applying to all blobs in all containers.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Easily block access to blob storage by country using pre-created list of US based IP addresses

It would be good to easily gate access to public Blob storage to use US based IP addresses to for a little bit of added security for public access blob storage files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Blob Batch Read

Extend Blob Batch API to support Batch Read, to access multiple byte ranges from different blobs without needing to send multiple requests.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add special ParquetBlobStorage allowing filtering

Parquet is de facto standard for storing big data.

However we usually do not need all date stored in parquet hive/files.

It would be great if there were ParquetBlobStorage - extension of BlobStorage that:

a) would understand parquet format i.e. in order to read schema it will read only end of the file

b) allow selective column/row reading - no need to copy full blob when we need just couple columns or group of row.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable life cycle management for append blob

Currently life cycle management is only supported for block blob. We are using Azure SQL DB auditing feature and this is creating huge amount of blob files.But these are of append blob type and that is not supported by life cycle management. Please provide support for append blob so that we can manage these log files properly.

112 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base