Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sp_addsubscription

The parameter @backupdevicetype in sp_addsubscription doesn't have a value for the Azure blob Storage

I am trying to initialize a subscription using database backup file on an Azure blob storage. The stored Procedure sp_addsubscription only accepts to values Disk and Tape for the parameter: @backupdevicetype. Please figure out how we can include backup taken to URL.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Simplify the process to add a CDN endpoint for Static Website (Preview)

Hi Team,

Our customer provided the useful feedback on adding a CDN endpoint for the Storage Static Website (Preview).

The current process which set the origin type to custom domain and then use the domain https://example.z26.web.core.windows.net/ as the origin is a little confused for our customers.

So it is better to add a feature to help our customer to add CDN endpoint for Static Website simply or provide instructions on the Azure Portal page to help our customer to follow the process.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Access by SAS link

Can I close access by SAS link after it is created (long-term) and transferred to the user?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Storage lifecycle management how I can exclude few files

Storage lifecycle management..,
    I want to keep some file in Hot/Cool and move reaming to Archive, How can I do ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. blobfuse

Can we make blobfuse use managed identities instead of access key or SAS token

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Manage/Access uncommited blocks

Provide a means to manage uncommitted blocks via the portal or storage explorer. If you have a process that works with large files, and it fails for some reason, it leaves uncommitted blocks that can only be accessed via code or script. There is no means via the portal or storage explorer to clean the uncommitted blocks up.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Azure Set-AzureStorageBlobContent change size block

I would like to know how to upload a blob size changing their block size to 100 MB with the command {Set-AzureStorageBlobContent} because I have a problem that I exceed the 50.000 blocks allowed in a blob Storage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Phishing webpages on blob

You folks really need to make reporting a malicious page easier - your reporting page is useless and doesn't work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Azure Storage - Delete Blob with Snap Shot Fails - Error 409 Conflict

We were creating a snapshot each time we updated a blob to preserve the version of the blob. However when we tried to delete the blob we received Error 409 Conflict (error msg did not tell us why). When we changed the delete statement from await blockBlob.DeleteIfExistsAsync() to await blockBlob.DeleteIfExistsAsync(DeleteSnapshotsOption.IncludeSnapshots, null, null, null) the delete worked. Apparently having snapshots associated to a blob causes a delete conflict. Makes sense but can we have a more descriptive error message? Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Simplificar los metodos de acceso, llevo mas de 1 mes intentando simplemente descargar o cargar una imagen blob a mis cuenta con VB.net

Requiero recetas de cocina para subir y descargar imagenes con vb.net; he intentado de varias formas y es confuso porque ofrecen opciones que solo confunden o exlique claramente en que momento se usa cada forma y hagan ejemplos claros y simples que funcionen. Lo importante NO ES QUE SE SIENTAN GENIOS sino que todos usen sus herramientas facilimente y paguen con gusto por ello. Yo uso almacenamiento de blob donde subo y descargo con AZcopy armando comando desde VBA que ejecuto con shell, lo cual funciona bien, pero con VB.NET practicamente no tienen nada y todo casi es con c#,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. custom domain does not route to index.html

An assigned custom domain does not route to index.html similar to the original Azure-assigned URL.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide a way to encrypt or obfuscate blob names

My application stores a lot of files containing user data, where each blob is named after a corresponding primary-key in a relational database.

Currently my blob storage container is private and all requests for blobs are proxied through my web application.

To reduce server load I would like to expose the blobs directly, however this would mean exposing the raw blob name to end-users, which gives away the unencrypted database primary-key value.

I know I can prevent access to blobs using Shared Access Signatures however I don't need that kind of security - I just want to obfuscate blob names…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Storage Account Events: Add Container delete notification (currently only blob delete notifications are available)

You have Microsoft.Storage.BlobDeleted but thre is no "ContainerDeleted". This should be trivial to implement.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. free disk monitor

Since classic alerts are retired, there is no option to monitor free disk space of a VM. I suggest creating a metric to monitor disk space, otherwise, administrators are not able to make sure their service is working fine.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Event handler for blob read and custom query strings

Currently azure supports event handling for blob create and delete. Is there a possibility of enabling event handing for blob reads?

My idea we would like to pass custom querystring parameters to a blob url and use the read event handler to fire off an Azure Function to handle custom business logic

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Will Azure Blob Storage lifecycle management support General-purpose V1 in the future

Will it support General-purpose V1 in the future? or we must upgrade General-purpose V1 to General-purpose V2 to leverage this feature?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Github commit trigger, automaticaly deploy to static website hosting(Azure Storage)

I need the function that static contents is automaticaly deploied to static website hosting in Azure blob storage when github repository is committed. Like a azure web app deploy center.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base