Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Internal IP for static hosting

Loving the idea of static websites on an Azure blob storage. Would like to be able to add this site to an internal subnet so it can be placed behind an NSG, App Gateway or a Firewall. I understand this feature is in preview but this would allow a lot more solutions to meet client needs.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Multiple IP Support for storageAccount networkAcl ARM Templates

Microsoft.Storage/storageAccounts Azure Resource Manager definitions format. Currently there is no way to specify multiple IPs in an IpRule for the networkAcls config. As such, it is difficult to maintain whitelisted IPs in the "variables" or "parameters" section of my ARM template. Could multiple IP support be integrated?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

4. Add Page Blobs to the new Storage Reserved Capacity

Base on the documentation, seems like the new Storage Reserved Capacity only supports Block Blobs, this excludes the ability to do reservations of storage for 2 of the most important storage scenarios which use Page Blobs:

- Virtual Machine data drives.

- SQL Database files hosted in Azure Storage Accounts.

Please add support reservation of Page Blob Storage.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. antivirus for blob storage

Ability to scan files in blob storage.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow a single soft-deleted snapshot to be Undeleted, similar to the Delete command.

Regarding the new soft-delete for blob storage:

The existing Delete command allows you to target and delete a specific snapshot, without affecting any other snapshot or the base blob.

However, attempting to Undelete a specific snapshot instead undeletes all of the snapshots for that blob.

I don't need all of the other snapshots undeleted when I am attempting to roll back my blob to a specific date. Especially when trying to do a bulk roll-back this has some major drawbacks, such as all snapshots being preserved past the 30 day retention policy.

Especially since our blob storage contains a mix…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Gzip encoding for 404 document in static website hosting

I am hosting a vue SPA through static website hosting feature offered by Azure Blob storage. My files are gzip encoded and I add the respective header value when uploading. The site works fine!
    However, When I try to manually hit a URL (say, xyz.com/fgt) or an invalid URL (say, xyz.com/errorpage), it serves me the gzip gibberish instead of an HTML file. This is a behavior that you see when "Content-encoding: gzip" is not added to your HTML file but I do during my deployment. That's how I am able to see my site in the first place. However, if…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Blob Soft-Delete to Allow Filter Criteria

Similar to Lifecycle Management. Allow soft-delete functionality to be applied to only the container / prefixes that are specified in a rule.

Higher adoption rates of those who cannot easily migrate existing systems to new storage accounts in order to limit the scope of the soft-delete functionality.

There is currently no quick and easy way to undo the mess of soft-deletes and the performance impacts it can create.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Set ImmutabilityPolicy for Blob container from .NET core

To my best knowledge it is currently not possible to set the ImmutabilityPolicy for a Blob container from .NET core. While it is possible from the .NET Framework, it is not from .NET core.

It would be great, if the ImmutabilityPolicy could be set and manipulated from .NET core.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow longer leases that aren't infinite

Currently leases on a block blob are limited to 15-60 seconds in duration or infinite in duration. Please change this to allow leases for up to an hour without a process renewing the lease every 60 seconds. I'm using the CloudBlockBlob.AcquireLease method.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow page blobs with variable-size pages

There are cases where 512B is not always the ideal size. There are scenarios where a 64B, 128B or 256B blob is more appropriate for the application being developed.

It would be great if you could allow a page size to be passed when the blob is being created.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Creating an blob container with an immutability policy with the Azure for Java SDK

I'd want to be able to create a Blob container with an Immutability Policy with the Azure for Java SDK.

The Blob SDK v12 allows me to retrieve a boolean field indicating if a container has an Immutability Policy, but there is no way to actually create one or get the details of the current Immutability Policy with Java.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to add a wildcard hostname

Now azure storage can host static websites having the ability to point multiple host names at a storage account would be useful for multi tenancy, i would expect this to work by allowing you to add *.domain.name in the Custom domain blade.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Diagnostics logs are generating 404, when the directory structure is not there yet.

Diagnostics logs are generating 404, when the directory structure is not there yet in the Blob Container. In Application Insight, it's giving a false impression that there are issues of 404. We need to filter these errors, but its should be handled or hidden for us.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Password protection to verify container deletion ...

Have an option that when checked requires a password to be entered in order to delete a container (for Blobs, Tables, Queues, Files) as per my suggestion at:

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/223579-azure-portal/suggestions/16712818-password-protection-to-verify-container-delete

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fix Bug: Azure Blob Client has issues when reading a stream that is larger than StreamMinimumReadSizeInBytes and the buffer is not base2

See attached example C# file that illustrates the issue.
    When using an pageBlob.OpenRead(), along with a non-base2 buffer (i.e. 15 vs 16 bytes) to read the stream ( blobStream.Read(blobBuffer, 0, blobBuffer.Length); ) it will fail when you cross the boundary defined by StreamMinimumReadSizeInBytes

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. NotModified response is missing required headers

When making an anonymous http request for a blob, if the response is "304 The condition specified using HTTP conditional header(s) is not met." the HTTP spec indicates that you should be including the same ETag in this response as was sent in the original 200 response.
    This is not the case.

RFC 7232 Section 4.1

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the lease start datetime as a property of a blob

That will allow us to calculate the age of the lease, which will help in determining if we should break the lease. For example, if a job is terminated an infinite lease will stick on the blob. But if we can calculate how old is the lease, then we can determine whether to break it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Azure Blob Storage - Retrieve user that reads or writes blob in Storage Container

Hello

Just an idea regarding Azure Storage:

Making available and easy how to know the AD user that writes or reads a blob file in a container. I cannot see the property at blob level, neither in Storage Account Activity Log (at least for a specific blob file).

Would be there a way to know, for each blob in my container, which user has accessed it and how it dealt with the blob?

It's not an option in the current logs that are generated, they aren't fine grained. the current log format would only indicate whether the request was authenticated…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base