Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. v12 Python API for Azure Blob Storage no longer supports progress feedback

The old python API for blob storage used to allow a callback for progress updates on uploads and downloads. That seems to be gone in the new (v12) api. If I upload a large blob, I get no feedback on its progress. Why did we lose this useful feature and how can we get it back??

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. CloudPageBlobs should have a CURRENT snapshot name that always points to the latest

CloudPageBlobs should have a CURRENT snapshot that always directly follows the latest version of the blob it is refrencing. This would allow for many read-only mounts of the VHD with out having to manage the create/delete cycle of time stamped labels. Additionally this mount would reduce the unmount/remount cycle that moves around drive letters and can mess up previously opened files.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Limit the size of files in a blob storage container/account

There should be a config option to limit the maximum size of any given file in a blob storage container or account. When I'm allowing a client to directly upload to my blob storage with an SAS, they could technically upload a file or any size and as they're not going through my app, there's no way for me to control this. I want to be able to say "any file in this container or account may be no larger than 10MB" or whatever.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. move pageblobs already in the cloud to cool storage, you can't!

I was on the phone today with Microsoft Azure. I have 12TB of data in pageblobs that I would like to move to azure cool storage for archiving. Well, the only way to do that is to download them to local HDD and then convert and upload to cool storage. You can not at this time transfer from your azure storage files "in the cloud" over to cool block blobs. Plus, another limitation is that block blobs have a size limit of 195GB due to its internal architecture. I have plenty of pageblobs over 1tb that I would like to…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change error "specified blob or block content is invalid" to something more informative or fix underlying issue

Azure Government] I have two MSI files. I can upload chefdk-1.2.22-1-x86.msi, 324 MB, just fine via the port. The other one, azure-powershell.3.6.0.0.msi, is 37MB.

When I upload via the portal I get a pop-up reading:

Upload error for azure-powershell.3.6.0.0.msi 7:08 PM
    Upload block blob to blob store failed: Details. StatusCode=400, StatusText = The specified blob or block content is invalid

When I attempt to upload via witih azure-cli, I just get 'Connection Aborted' after about 30 seconds.

Azure-cli also fails after I rename the file, and if I try to upload to a different container on this account.

The portal…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. [Azure Storage] Lock for archived BLOB's rehydration

Offline storage like "Archive Tier" can be a good option for storing sensitive data.
    If storage account holder can lock his/her archived BLOB's rehydration, it could be very secure.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Cannot bulk upload or use VSTS deploy for Static Website (Preview) as container name is $web

Hi,

I love the new Static Website (Preview) however as the name of the container being created is '$web', most of the existing tools to upload are failing with the message 'invalid container name'.

Ultimately, I would like to be using CICD from VSTS to upload my website once it has been built but having tried the out of the box Azure Blob Upload and various gulp/npm plugins i'm a bit stuck.

Could the name of the container be changed to web or static or something without a $?

Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make it possible to set the time frame for running Azure life cycle management policies

According to this page, https://docs.microsoft.com/sv-se/azure/storage/blobs/storage-lifecycle-management-concepts, it tells that the policy for block blob runs only once every day. Can we set the time to run these policies, so that we have better control over them? This might be useful for scenarios, for example: when we need to run archiving or cleaning up job during hours where business load is less.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. monitor success and failure of file uploaded to blob

Our customer needs to monitor the success and failure of file uploaded to blob. Because failure upload results in unecpected error for their application.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Azure Storage Life Cycle Management

Current Azure Storage Life cycle management supports only BaseBlob, which is restricting to having cleanup of Pageblobs. Can Azure expedite to support page blob and also make easier on the Life Cycle Management screen input design with graphical interface rather than having scripted way.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Lifecycle Managment

I'm trying out the new Lifecycle Mgmt feature on Azure Storage and have two pieces of feedback to update documentation please.

1) The AzureRM PowerShell module does not support the new commands for setting lifecycle policy (Set-AzureRmStorageAccountManagementPolicy) and I have no idea what module to load in order to get this command-let. 2) I create a policy to move all stuff every day hot>cool>archive>delete as an experiment and I'm not seeing any state changes in the blobs. Any documentation on whey the policy is invoked, frequency would be helpful.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. free disk monitor

Since classic alerts are retired, there is no option to monitor free disk space of a VM. I suggest creating a metric to monitor disk space, otherwise, administrators are not able to make sure their service is working fine.
    Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Internal IP for static hosting

Loving the idea of static websites on an Azure blob storage. Would like to be able to add this site to an internal subnet so it can be placed behind an NSG, App Gateway or a Firewall. I understand this feature is in preview but this would allow a lot more solutions to meet client needs.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Extend immutable storage effective retention period per blob

We need to be able to extend the effective retention period on a specific blob, this is needed to ensure the original document was not modified and the retention was simply extended.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. antivirus for blob storage

Ability to scan files in blob storage.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow a single soft-deleted snapshot to be Undeleted, similar to the Delete command.

Regarding the new soft-delete for blob storage:

The existing Delete command allows you to target and delete a specific snapshot, without affecting any other snapshot or the base blob.

However, attempting to Undelete a specific snapshot instead undeletes all of the snapshots for that blob.

I don't need all of the other snapshots undeleted when I am attempting to roll back my blob to a specific date. Especially when trying to do a bulk roll-back this has some major drawbacks, such as all snapshots being preserved past the 30 day retention policy.

Especially since our blob storage contains a mix…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add special ParquetBlobStorage allowing filtering

Parquet is de facto standard for storing big data.

However we usually do not need all date stored in parquet hive/files.

It would be great if there were ParquetBlobStorage - extension of BlobStorage that:

a) would understand parquet format i.e. in order to read schema it will read only end of the file

b) allow selective column/row reading - no need to copy full blob when we need just couple columns or group of row.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Blob Soft-Delete to Allow Filter Criteria

Similar to Lifecycle Management. Allow soft-delete functionality to be applied to only the container / prefixes that are specified in a rule.

Higher adoption rates of those who cannot easily migrate existing systems to new storage accounts in order to limit the scope of the soft-delete functionality.

There is currently no quick and easy way to undo the mess of soft-deletes and the performance impacts it can create.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Set ImmutabilityPolicy for Blob container from .NET core

To my best knowledge it is currently not possible to set the ImmutabilityPolicy for a Blob container from .NET core. While it is possible from the .NET Framework, it is not from .NET core.

It would be great, if the ImmutabilityPolicy could be set and manipulated from .NET core.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base