Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. metadata for virtual folder

Can you metadata support to the virtual folder similar to the blobs. So that I can right click on folder and view or set metadata on folder which can then be inherited by the blobs within it

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. DELETE https://myaccount.blob.core.windows.net/mycontainer?comp=list&prefix=foo

The same way I can list blobs with a certain prefix in a blob container using http-method GET I would like to issue a http DELETE on the same combination container + prefix and effectively delete all blobs matching the prefix in the container!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback. We think of this ask as “range delete”, and plan to deliver it after “batch delete”. Batch delete will allow you to enumerate multiple blobs to be deleted in a single HTTP request. Batch delete is planned for the coming year, but there is not an ETA we can share for range delete. We will provide updates when they become available. For any further questions, or to discuss your specific scenario, send us an email at azurestoragefeedback@microsoft.com.

3. Make blob storage publisher publish snapshot events for Event Grid

Currently the blob storage publisher can publish BlobCreated and BlobDeleted when an object is created/update and deleted respectively. However no events are published when a blob is snapshotted.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add support for UTF-8 for blob metadata for searching in metadata in non-english

At the moment, blobs metadata is support search index, but upload metadata support ONLY ASCII characters. https://github.com/Azure/azure-cosmosdb-dotnet/issues/552

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to filter metrics by container

Allow the ability to filter metrics by container in a storage account. Currently, you can only show Egress(sum) for the whole storage account and not on a container by container basis.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. "Snapshot if exists" function

At the present time, running the "Snapshot Blob" operation against a non-existent blob yields an error.

It would be very useful to have a "Snapshot if exists" operation (or indeed an option on the present "Snapshot Blob"). So that if a blob does not exist, no error is generated.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Blob storage is extremely slow compared to the competitors.

Blob storage is extremely slow compared to the competitors. Needs improvement.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support for multiple byte ranges on blob read/write

We need random read (and later write) access to thousands of discrete ranges (each in the order of a few KBs) within very large binary blobs (in the order of 100s of GB). The current APIs force us to submit a single request for each such range. One negative aspect is billing, of course, but the main problem is the client-side and network loads for handling all these requests!

We would like to ask for the byte range support to be extended to multiple ranges (e.g. "bytes=from0-to0, from1-to1, ...").

The API should of course specify a maximum number of ranges…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Container snapshot

Could you please allow us to create a Snapshot of container ( as whole). It is quite difficult to create snapshot of each blob incase if we have more number of blobs.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. SAS At Folder level

Hello Team,

Could you please provide an option to generate SAS tokens at Folder level within blob container.

E.g. I have blob container called 'test', Inside it have the following files/ Blobs.

FolderA/PathA/file.txt
    FolderA/PathA/file2.txt
    FolderA/PathA/file3.txt
    FolderB/PathB/file.txt

We want to generate SAS token such that the user can perform operations inside 'FolderA' only inside 'test' container.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Sign-in with AAD

Enable login with AAD.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. CloudPageBlobs should have a CURRENT snapshot name that always points to the latest

CloudPageBlobs should have a CURRENT snapshot that always directly follows the latest version of the blob it is refrencing. This would allow for many read-only mounts of the VHD with out having to manage the create/delete cycle of time stamped labels. Additionally this mount would reduce the unmount/remount cycle that moves around drive letters and can mess up previously opened files.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. move pageblobs already in the cloud to cool storage, you can't!

I was on the phone today with Microsoft Azure. I have 12TB of data in pageblobs that I would like to move to azure cool storage for archiving. Well, the only way to do that is to download them to local HDD and then convert and upload to cool storage. You can not at this time transfer from your azure storage files "in the cloud" over to cool block blobs. Plus, another limitation is that block blobs have a size limit of 195GB due to its internal architecture. I have plenty of pageblobs over 1tb that I would like to…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Change error "specified blob or block content is invalid" to something more informative or fix underlying issue

Azure Government] I have two MSI files. I can upload chefdk-1.2.22-1-x86.msi, 324 MB, just fine via the port. The other one, azure-powershell.3.6.0.0.msi, is 37MB.

When I upload via the portal I get a pop-up reading:

Upload error for azure-powershell.3.6.0.0.msi 7:08 PM
    Upload block blob to blob store failed: Details. StatusCode=400, StatusText = The specified blob or block content is invalid

When I attempt to upload via witih azure-cli, I just get 'Connection Aborted' after about 30 seconds.

Azure-cli also fails after I rename the file, and if I try to upload to a different container on this account.

The portal…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. [Azure Storage] Lock for archived BLOB's rehydration

Offline storage like "Archive Tier" can be a good option for storing sensitive data.
    If storage account holder can lock his/her archived BLOB's rehydration, it could be very secure.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Cannot bulk upload or use VSTS deploy for Static Website (Preview) as container name is $web

Hi,

I love the new Static Website (Preview) however as the name of the container being created is '$web', most of the existing tools to upload are failing with the message 'invalid container name'.

Ultimately, I would like to be using CICD from VSTS to upload my website once it has been built but having tried the out of the box Azure Blob Upload and various gulp/npm plugins i'm a bit stuck.

Could the name of the container be changed to web or static or something without a $?

Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it possible to set the time frame for running Azure life cycle management policies

According to this page, https://docs.microsoft.com/sv-se/azure/storage/blobs/storage-lifecycle-management-concepts, it tells that the policy for block blob runs only once every day. Can we set the time to run these policies, so that we have better control over them? This might be useful for scenarios, for example: when we need to run archiving or cleaning up job during hours where business load is less.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. monitor success and failure of file uploaded to blob

Our customer needs to monitor the success and failure of file uploaded to blob. Because failure upload results in unecpected error for their application.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Azure Storage Life Cycle Management

Current Azure Storage Life cycle management supports only BaseBlob, which is restricting to having cleanup of Pageblobs. Can Azure expedite to support page blob and also make easier on the Life Cycle Management screen input design with graphical interface rather than having scripted way.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Lifecycle Managment

I'm trying out the new Lifecycle Mgmt feature on Azure Storage and have two pieces of feedback to update documentation please.

1) The AzureRM PowerShell module does not support the new commands for setting lifecycle policy (Set-AzureRmStorageAccountManagementPolicy) and I have no idea what module to load in order to get this command-let. 2) I create a policy to move all stuff every day hot>cool>archive>delete as an experiment and I'm not seeing any state changes in the blobs. Any documentation on whey the policy is invoked, frequency would be helpful.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base