Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Page Blobs to the new Storage Reserved Capacity

Base on the documentation, seems like the new Storage Reserved Capacity only supports Block Blobs, this excludes the ability to do reservations of storage for 2 of the most important storage scenarios which use Page Blobs:

• Virtual Machine data drives.

• SQL Database files hosted in Azure Storage Accounts.

Please add support reservation of Page Blob Storage.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Worm compliance at object level

Please add a feature to support WORM policies at object level. Currently it's only supporting at container level. This has very potential and AWS already has this feature supporting at both object and bucket level.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. CORS Rule

Currently we are able to enable CORS with exact domain(ex: http://www.abc.com) or all origin (""). can you provide feature for supporting all sub domains say http://.abc.com so that CORS will enabled for all sub domains of abc.com and restricted for all other domains.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Implement viewer for json / csv blob files

At the moment the only way to view a files in storage blobs is to download it and open it within an editor. This is fine for larger files, but for the smaller ones it would be a bit easier to be able to get a quick (pre)view of the file in the browser by just clicking it. Should not be that hard to implement an additional pane with a view of the raw file contents.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. create an API method for getting the number of BLOBs in a Container

As far as I understand, there is currently no method for getting the total number of blobs in a single container.

And there is also the maximum number of blobs per request (5.000).

We have containers with 10k - 100k blobs so we would really need a way of quickly checking the number of blobs that are in a container.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Our apologies for not updating this ask earlier. Storage analytics at the container level is on our backlog, but is unlikely to be released in the coming year. Currently, account level analytics are available. In order to monitor, diagnose and troubleshoot an Azure Storage account, please see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/storage-monitoring-diagnosing-troubleshooting. In .Net you can now use the Analytics class to process these metrics. The API can be referenced at https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/azure/microsoft.windowsazure.storage.analytics.aspx. For any further questions, or to discuss your specific scenario, send us an email at azurestoragefeedback@microsoft.com.

6. Add support for UTF-8 for blob metadata for searching in metadata in non-english

At the moment, blobs metadata is support search index, but upload metadata support ONLY ASCII characters. https://github.com/Azure/azure-cosmosdb-dotnet/issues/552

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Blobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. SAS behavior for replacing/overwriting blobs

It would be useful to define in the SAS token what to do in case of creating a blob with an existing name. The current behavior replaces/overwrites the existing blob.
    Furthermore the default behavior is somehow a security threat, because a hacker having a SAS could replace existing entries.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. Today, a write (w) permission would be required in the SAS for replacement of existing entries. We have work planned to automatically generate snapshots on overwrites to save existing data in this case. We will provide updates when they become available. For any further questions, or to discuss your specific scenario, send us an email at azurestoragefeedback@microsoft.com.

8. Blob Storage :: Enable filtration in listing APIs

The Azure Blob Storage service is intended to be scalable, but the APIs do not enable filtration of results. The Azure Blob Storage service should enable filtration of container and blob listing at the service fabric layer.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow AAD App Identity and Role Assignments in Blob storage

2019-03-04T04:47:40.513 [Error] Cannot create Shared Access Signature unless Account Key credentials are used.

System-assigned App Id allows me to access Key Vault when running in deployed app instance. The App code simply creates a KeyVault client using the vault Url. No seperate code is needed. Permissions are handled by Azure under the hood.

Why can't I do this for the same app accessing Blob storage?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Extend immutable storage effective retention period per blob

We need to be able to extend the effective retention period on a specific blob, this is needed to ensure the original document was not modified and the retention was simply extended.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Multiple IP Support for storageAccount networkAcl ARM Templates

Microsoft.Storage/storageAccounts Azure Resource Manager definitions format. Currently there is no way to specify multiple IPs in an IpRule for the networkAcls config. As such, it is difficult to maintain whitelisted IPs in the "variables" or "parameters" section of my ARM template. Could multiple IP support be integrated?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

12. I want set Cache-Control as an option, when Azure File Copy task

I read this article about static website hosting using a blob storage account version 2 in Azure
    - https://azure.microsoft.com/da-dk/blog/azure-storage-static-web-hosting-public-preview/

So, I updated my Azure File Copy deployment Azure DevOps's task to target a newly created Storage Account (GPv2) which contains a $web folder.
    So, in my Azure File Copy task I updated to version 2.* (Preview) and entered $web in the Container Name.
    But, we can not currently set Cache-Control.
    So, the cache can not be cleared.
    The latest content will not be displayed, because I am using Azure CDN.
    I want you to add the function as an option.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. metadata for virtual folder

Can you metadata support to the virtual folder similar to the blobs. So that I can right click on folder and view or set metadata on folder which can then be inherited by the blobs within it

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. DELETE https://myaccount.blob.core.windows.net/mycontainer?comp=list&prefix=foo

The same way I can list blobs with a certain prefix in a blob container using http-method GET I would like to issue a http DELETE on the same combination container + prefix and effectively delete all blobs matching the prefix in the container!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback. We think of this ask as “range delete”, and plan to deliver it after “batch delete”. Batch delete will allow you to enumerate multiple blobs to be deleted in a single HTTP request. Batch delete is planned for the coming year, but there is not an ETA we can share for range delete. We will provide updates when they become available. For any further questions, or to discuss your specific scenario, send us an email at azurestoragefeedback@microsoft.com.

15. Make blob storage publisher publish snapshot events for Event Grid

Currently the blob storage publisher can publish BlobCreated and BlobDeleted when an object is created/update and deleted respectively. However no events are published when a blob is snapshotted.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Gzip encoding for 404 document in static website hosting

I am hosting a vue SPA through static website hosting feature offered by Azure Blob storage. My files are gzip encoded and I add the respective header value when uploading. The site works fine!
    However, When I try to manually hit a URL (say, xyz.com/fgt) or an invalid URL (say, xyz.com/errorpage), it serves me the gzip gibberish instead of an HTML file. This is a behavior that you see when "Content-encoding: gzip" is not added to your HTML file but I do during my deployment. That's how I am able to see my site in the first place. However, if…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to filter metrics by container

Allow the ability to filter metrics by container in a storage account. Currently, you can only show Egress(sum) for the whole storage account and not on a container by container basis.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. "Snapshot if exists" function

At the present time, running the "Snapshot Blob" operation against a non-existent blob yields an error.

It would be very useful to have a "Snapshot if exists" operation (or indeed an option on the present "Snapshot Blob"). So that if a blob does not exist, no error is generated.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Blob storage is extremely slow compared to the competitors.

Blob storage is extremely slow compared to the competitors. Needs improvement.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Creating an blob container with an immutability policy with the Azure for Java SDK

I'd want to be able to create a Blob container with an Immutability Policy with the Azure for Java SDK.

The Blob SDK v12 allows me to retrieve a boolean field indicating if a container has an Immutability Policy, but there is no way to actually create one or get the details of the current Immutability Policy with Java.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base