Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Increase storage account create calls per subscription limit

“RDFE throttles the storage account creation; the default throttling limit is 20 per subscription per hour "

Most of our automation creates storage account on the fly and they fails with following reasons

"The maximum number storage account creations calls allowed for a subscription in an hour has been exceeded. Please try again after some time."

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Market Share

Either charge for Data Transactions or total storage usage.... you're already charging for Active Time, this might deter Larger companies.
    People might start thinking that they are double charged and it gets out of hand.

Microsoft might want to make money but i think it should focus more on the market share first.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Forecast or Show Approximate Storage Size for Selected Items for Azure Backup before the actual/scheduled Backup

Hi Azure Microsoft Team

Highly appreciate if you can calculate or forecast the selected items to Backup in the Schedule Backup Wizard for Azure Backup so that we can determine the file size storage are being backup rather than after the backup job success.

It will be another awesome feature to be added.

Thank you

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow sorting by file type in Storage Explorer

I can't sort the files in a container by type/extension in Azure Storage Explorer, which I do frequently with Windows Explorer.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Immutable storage cannot be unlocked

Function: Immutable storage

Issue: Customer can easily lock his resources in storage accounts, but he cannot unlock them by himself when the lock is no longer needed.

Ref document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/storage-blob-immutable-storage#faq

Recommend: Provide an "unlock" button to customer.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to set Proxy Server

Allow the ability to set the proxy server for requests on windows azure storage

I will say yes you can set the global but this isn't always ideal in all environments.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Storage tiering / Replication

- Offer capability like SSD/Sata/Sas high perf, Low cost with automatic tiering, offer deduplication capability mean in the same Data center store 10 times the same file for the same price, the capability to use DPM for Backup , SCOM capability ...
    Offer live replication in active /active Mode with GSLB like front end capability ..

But Azure is a very good product.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Storage operations

On Azure storage I would like to (from the new portal):
    - list content of tables
    - run queries against tables
    - peek/pop/put queues and show approximate queue size
    - browse blob hierarchies
    - download and upload blobs

This functionality would alone be a reason to move from old portal to new portal.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Give size limitations on imports and exports. Is there any size limitation especially dealing with drives.

Please update the documentation with import/export sizes and increase the level of detail with application in limitations.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Logic App Connectors to dynamically pull a Storage Account Key rather than sticking with a statically configured key value

Currently, Connectors to Storage Accounts are configured with a Storage Account key during setup. Implementing Microsoft's recommended key rotation breaks the Connector as it's not able to dynamically pull the key value.

There is a workaround via PowerShell and adding an Azure Automation step to grab the key value and update the Connector prior to running any Logic App steps that require this Connector. While functional, this adds more access and complexity than should be required.

Data Factory v2 has a connector that dynamically pulls values from a Key Vault (screenshot attached). It would be great if the Storage Account…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Create an Azure Instance type with NVDIMM memories for high speed Storage Cache

An NVDIMM (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NVDIMM) is a type of memory used by Storage vendors as local cache, to accelerate High Performance Computing, Deep Learning, Deep Analytics, Simulations, and other storage-and-compute-intensive applications.

Currently no cloud vendor supports instances with NVDIMMs, and Azure could break new ground here. We already have GPU's, FPGA's and other specialized hardware on our instances.

NVDIMM would enable certain ISVs who cater for the HPC, Deep Learning, Simulation, and Deep Analytics crowd, and enable them to provide innovative solutions that today only exist in Private Cloud on on-premises applications.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. New tool to view Storage Tables on iOS

Following your encouragement to inform about new tools to work with Azure Storage services I want to inform about my App AzureTabStorClient which can be used to view Azure Storage Tables on iOS devices. See more details at: https://azuretabstorclient.wordpress.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Daily expense email reports - Better way to limit the expenses on Azure

I just got a surprise that my Azure MSDN account was disabled due to no credit left this month, but it was a surprise for because I was sure I had shutdown all my VM's. But apprently they were still running.

So I would like a way to receive daily expesnse report, so I can be on top of the expenses in a better way

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1)Option to create high speed gateway in the portal itself. 2)Increasing the limit of having 5ILIP/subscription

1)Option to create high speed gateway in the portal itself, instead of configuring from the powershell 2)Increasing the limit of having 5ILIP/subscription. 3)Creating premium storage account in the portal as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow non-public address ranges for Firewall and/or cross-region VNET rules

Storage accounts firewalls currently allow white-listing of networks within the same region.

I have peered VNETs in other regions that require access to a Blob Store.

I am unable to add these VNETs to the white-list and when I try to white-list the address range I am unable to because it is only possible white-list public IPs.

This leaves no option other than to leave the firewall open to world access. Although it is possible to lock down access using IAM, the addition of a Firewall would be preferred.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Firewall settings

I wish more flexible firewall settings like:

a) Allow inbound packets from Azure infractructure?
    a-0) No.
    a-1) Yes, all. (any)
    a-2) Yes, but only from this and that VNET(s).

b) Allow inbound packets from the public Internet?
    b-0) No.
    b-1) Yes, all. (0.0.0.0/0)
    b-2) Yes, but only from this and that IP range(s)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search for container or files based on a date or date range

I would like to search for blobs (container or file) by single date or date range using either Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer on my desktop or portal. This will allow me to delete or review items without having to know the name of the container or the file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. View only access to queue, table content in the preview portal

Every time I try free trial and use azure queue and table for practice - I feel that view only access to azure table and queue is not available and I end building my own. It will easier to continue exploring similar azure features if view only access to contents are available - for example, for azure queue - view currently queued messages. If Azure portal is not suitable for it, then may be some Microsoft tool do the same - something like MMC in windows server.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. How do I add search to Azure Storage , so I can utlize it using the rest API

We are trying to build applications using asp.net; how can we enable search on blob storage or for file shares. I feel like I am disabling my customers if I can not search the content of the files I am placing into azure

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base