Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Storage Replica in Windows Server 2016 to replicate directly to Azure

I think there is a business case for allowing the Storage Replica feature in Windows Server 2016 to replicate directly to Azure, "Storage Replica as a Service" if you will.

The reason for this is to be able to set up a simple DR solution for any volume on any Windows Server 2016. In the case of a disaster at the on-premise datacenter the customer can elect to either set up a new VM in Azure and replicate the data back to that server or set up a new server on-premise and replicate the data back to that server.

This…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure Storage Firewalls support for Azure Site Recovery

Configure Azure Storage Firewalls and Virtual Networks (preview) function is not supported now. many of my customer wants to restrict any unexpected access to keep their resource safe. In the cloud, it is important that security is guaranteed, so we strongly request that this function can be used.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make the $logs container read only

We need to be sure that all audit logs are there and can not be modified/deleted. Now it is possible to delete audit log files from the $logs folder.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please remove the dependency on storage account per each devtest lab

1. One storage account is created for each devtest lab, may be provide option to use existing storage account while creating devtest lab.

2. Please provide a ability to choose an image from Managed Images in the subscription when creating vms in devtest labs. (rather requiring to have devtest lab image)

3. Remove the requirement to copy custom .vhds into each devtest lab storage account to use them for VM deployments.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Possibility to migrate a Storage Account to an Affinity Group

It would be very practical to be able to move or migrate a storage account into an affinifty group after it's creation.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Microsoft Teams integration

It would be great to see Azure storage (blob and/or Files) as a data source for Microsoft Teams.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow control of storage account DefaultServiceVersion through Azure Panel for true HTTP/1.1

By default, when a new Storage Account is created, the DefaultServiceVersion property is set to 2009-09-19, which is really old. Many storage accounts created now don't need backwards compatibility with this very old version.
    It would be very useful to allow control of DefaultServiceVersion through Azure control panel or better, when creating a new Storage Account (same way you can select Windows release when creating VM) so that one can select it to a more recent version and thus allow storage account to respond to HTTP/1.1 Range request.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Secure Azure Storage access using WAAD/ACS

I'd like to expose access to Azure storage resources directly to my tenants, but I need to use the same security mechanisms that my users use for accessing other parts of my system (e.g., web apps).

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Implement an SSRS delivery extension for Azure Storage

Implement a SQL Server report Delivery extension for Azure Storage destinations (eg Azure File/CDN/ Blob).

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Copy VM Image Across Regions through Azure Portal

I have a new Microsoft customer that recently migrated from AWS. After their migration the customer noticed one major difference in functionality that negatively affects their post migration business plans. AWS has the ability to move images across regions through the AWS portal. The customer expressed that they would benefit greatly if the Azure portal had this same functionality. I understand that this is possible using AzureCLI (image copy estension), however, this option is not viable for the customer's environment.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. SSD storage pricing is way high and the calculator in no way captures the actual cost that's incurred

The SSD pricing is way too costly for us - I tried the calculator ( https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/calculator/ ) but when I started using it, it went off charts!! When I got in touch with the customer care, I was told the charge of the disk is list price which is used to multiply the consumed units.

I've been using a single premium storage (SSD) which means I should be charged at $19.71 per month ( 1 X $19.71) and any the consumed units to be charged at $0.0036 per unit, so for instance if I have consumed 2.7 units it should…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make storage service logging ARM managed

Currently, it appears that the storage account diagnostic settings are controlled via service provider API and not ARM API. Therefore, Azure Policy cannot enforce storage service logging settings, although such logging can be a security requirement. From that perspective, it would be better if storage service logging (and perhaps the diagnostic settings generally) were moved under the control of the ARM API and given Azure Policy aliases.

This is a similar request to:
    https://feedback.azure.com/forums/217298-storage/suggestions/34242376-azure-policy-for-preventing-public-blob-containers

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add readonly storage account keys via service management APIs

Add readonly storage account keys via service management APIs.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Firewall/ACLs for Azure storage

Asks:
    Firewall/ACLs in front of the Azure Storage account (like SQL DB)
    Ability to mark storage account as "internal only", making URL only usable by internal Azure Cloud Services (not resolvable from outside via URL)
    Same for Cloud Service - ability to use internally only, without accessible URL from outside Azure

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Store storage account key last generated date

It would be helpful if Azure tracked the last time a storage account's keys were regenerated. This would allow us to enforce policies around key lifetimes.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow the selection of "Azure storage" tag in Azure route table

recently new feature came in NSG adding "Azure.storage" to allow NSG rule.
    Same way required in Azure Route Table to add rules.

Why because Azure storage, KeyVault .. ect are associated with dynamic Public IP and customer is not aware of it when the IP will changes

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Create storage account sharding infrastructure.

Create storage account sharding infrastructure. It's an enormous, error prone task to create this infrastructure by hand. This really needs to be baked into the infrastructure.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. API / CLI Request for max allowed size of storage account

We have to know for an automation purpose the maximum size of storage accounts in all azure regions. There is currently know way to identify via API / CLI the max possible account size per region,

Based on that, we have to create alerts rules for the storage accounts to monitor the used capacity / threshold.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base