Storage

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Storage Replica in Windows Server 2016 to replicate directly to Azure

I think there is a business case for allowing the Storage Replica feature in Windows Server 2016 to replicate directly to Azure, "Storage Replica as a Service" if you will.

The reason for this is to be able to set up a simple DR solution for any volume on any Windows Server 2016. In the case of a disaster at the on-premise datacenter the customer can elect to either set up a new VM in Azure and replicate the data back to that server or set up a new server on-premise and replicate the data back to that server.

This…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Scale to Premium Storage from standard Storage

Please allow us to switch from Standard Storage to Premium Storage and the other way around. Or at least provide us with the option to scale up from Standard Storage to Premium Storage (one way).

The current process involves stopping the affected VM, copying the disk using AzCopy and recreating the VM in the new storage account.
    I'm pretty sure Micorosft's team can take care of this process behind the scenes and just provide us with a user interface option and/or an API method.

Currently we have multiple VMs (about 20+) running on standard storage that need to be upgraded…

61 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. See total size used by container/share and by storage account

We have multiple storage accounts each with blobs and other objects. The dashboards should show the total disk usage at every level: across all storage accounts, when clicking on a blob, the total for each folder, etc. Right now, one needs to get to the individual file level to see the size and manually sum it up.

306 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add x-ms- request headers in Shared Access Signatures URI

As SAS is defined as a URI that grants restricted access rights to Azure Storage resources. I think it will be helpful to add custom headers to the URI. For example, the request for Put Blob could be https://...&...&x-ms-blob-type=BlockBlob. In this way, we can set what we need in the URI and just focus on it.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove custom domain from storage account

Classic storage accounts enable a custom domain to be associated. But it does not allow removal?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please implement static IP address or Reserved IP address for Blob, file, table, queue services in Storage Account.

We use IP address filtering on our firewall settings in our company network. Now, we need to download IP address range which Microsoft Azure uses once a week and reconfigure our firewall settings if they have any change. That is burden on us. Please implement static IP address or Reserved IP address for Blob, file, table, queue services in Storage Account.

355 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. SSD storage pricing is way high and the calculator in no way captures the actual cost that's incurred

The SSD pricing is way too costly for us - I tried the calculator ( https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/calculator/ ) but when I started using it, it went off charts!! When I got in touch with the customer care, I was told the charge of the disk is list price which is used to multiply the consumed units.

I've been using a single premium storage (SSD) which means I should be charged at $19.71 per month ( 1 X $19.71) and any the consumed units to be charged at $0.0036 per unit, so for instance if I have consumed 2.7 units it should…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Storage operations

On Azure storage I would like to (from the new portal):
    - list content of tables
    - run queries against tables
    - peek/pop/put queues and show approximate queue size
    - browse blob hierarchies
    - download and upload blobs

This functionality would alone be a reason to move from old portal to new portal.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Market Share

Either charge for Data Transactions or total storage usage.... you're already charging for Active Time, this might deter Larger companies.
    People might start thinking that they are double charged and it gets out of hand.

Microsoft might want to make money but i think it should focus more on the market share first.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Implement an SSRS delivery extension for Azure Storage

Implement a SQL Server report Delivery extension for Azure Storage destinations (eg Azure File/CDN/ Blob).

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. A Storage Account responses timeout error when increasing the bandwide of requests

A Storage Account responses a ServerTimeoutError when increasing in Client Receive Bytes because of By-design of Load distributed processing.
    We want design change request so that the storage account does not send a ServerTimeoutError even increasing in Client Receive Bytes.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1)Option to create high speed gateway in the portal itself. 2)Increasing the limit of having 5ILIP/subscription

1)Option to create high speed gateway in the portal itself, instead of configuring from the powershell 2)Increasing the limit of having 5ILIP/subscription. 3)Creating premium storage account in the portal as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to manually initiate failover on Geo-Redundant storage accounts (GRS & RA-GRS)

GRS & RA-GRS storage accounts currently geo-replicate all contents from a primary zone's storage account (storageA) to a secondary zone's storage account (storageB) automatically and this is wonderful.

Right now, it is Microsoft that control when the failover occurs from storageA to storageB. It is also very well documented that this switch will happen only as a last resort move because of the complexity of switching all accounts, possible data loss, etc...

For advanced DR scenarios it would be very handy for us to have a way to manually trigger the failover switch between storageA and storageB.

After the manual…

229 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Why create Storage accounts for each service when I already have an Storage.

If there is a Storage account created only containers are enough to Map for any Service that we create.

Also when we select any Storage Accounts that should show the SQL, VM or any resources that is using that storage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Globally redundant storage with custom secondary regions

For multi-region service deployments, it'd be really useful to have shared data in Azure Storage and have the user be able to select which regions act as backups in a similar way that's done in AzureSQL where I can add read-only databases in different data centers and regions

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. How do I add search to Azure Storage , so I can utlize it using the rest API

We are trying to build applications using asp.net; how can we enable search on blob storage or for file shares. I feel like I am disabling my customers if I can not search the content of the files I am placing into azure

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add readonly storage account keys via service management APIs

Add readonly storage account keys via service management APIs.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Daily expense email reports - Better way to limit the expenses on Azure

I just got a surprise that my Azure MSDN account was disabled due to no credit left this month, but it was a surprise for because I was sure I had shutdown all my VM's. But apprently they were still running.

So I would like a way to receive daily expesnse report, so I can be on top of the expenses in a better way

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. option to create new storage

There should be an option to create a new storage when browsing existing storage. This same paradigm should apply for all other categories of services. Otherwise I have to hunt through a bunch of stuff in the +Add_ menu.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support HTTP/2 and SPDY

With all the major browsers behind http/2 and deployed spdy/3 (chrome/ff/IE11) please implement this for Azure Storage

326 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base