Service Bus

1. Metrics are different

On the metrics for service bus, event hub in particular, the incoming throughput is a total and the outgoing throughput is an average. This does not help to compare for a bottleneck in the sending/consuming application and there is no way to change this counter or view the total vs avg. All of the other tools seem to have this monitoring page, yet event hub is left without it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enable Azure WCF Relay Metric information

Azure WCF Relay Metric information is not being displayed on Azure Portal for WCF relay endpoint, as discussed with the support member, MS does support Metric for hybrid connection only.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Service Bus Take too long and NOT Creating

Hi

During the training today, I have created Service Bus, and its NOT creating.....Its already few Hours...and I can NOT even delete it.

There is no bar to say what are the percentage for the Task...And How long it will take?

Please see attached file

Thanks

Moshe

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable tagging for geo-redundant azure service bus at the namespace level

I use tagging to manage my costs, however my geo-redundant copy of my Azure service bus doesn't support this at the namespace level.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. service bus cluster

Need support for cross region service bus availability zones with active replication feature. This would enable to failover and the application doesn't need to care about idempotency

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Autoscale Premium Service Bus when updating

When the Host VM is being updated, I would like to have my Message Units automatically scaled up to account for any performance degradation.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Clear and Up-Front Event Grid Integration Pricing

1 ) The various product feature and pricing matrices do not list Event Grid integration as an option for any of the pricing tiers. This needs to be corrected.

2) The marketing and product documentation for Azure Service Bus to Event Grid integration do not explicitly and clearly call out that this integration is not available for the standard or basic pricing tiers. This needs to be corrected.

3) The premium pricing tier of Service Bus cost $678.60USD/month. The standard pricing tier cost $9.60USD/month. If the only requirement difference I have is having pub-sub discrete event distribution, this cost difference…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. deleting a resource group doesn't delete service bus with geo-recovery configured.

we have observed that if a service bus has geo-recovery configured then deleting it takes forever (it shows deletion is in progress but it never seems to complete). only when the ge-recovery pairing is broken delete operation is successful.
    when deleting a resource group the assumption is that this logical delete operation handles deletion of all resources within this resource group and finally deletes the resource group. but if a resource group has service bus with geo-recovery configured then this resource-group delete operation results in hung state (i.e, resource group shows deletion in progress but it never seems to finish). …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Service bus Queue

Cannot set Service Bus duplicate detection history to 1 day

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a Service Tag for Azure Relay

Demand of the customer to filter outgoing traffic through Azure Relay

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Don't idle timeout connections when AMQP heart beat frames have been sent

According to the AMQP 1.0 specification (section 2.4.5) peers can satisfy the need to send traffic to prevent idle time-out by sending empty heart beat frames.
    But currently Service Bus closes connections as idle even if heart beat frames have been sent.
    I also registered a service request for this. Response of the service request is to register a feature request (not a bug?)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The is a validation bug on the Azure Functions Integrate page

On the standard editor for 'Integrate' for Service Bus Queues there is a validation error on the Queue Name. It says you can use hyphen in the name (as you can when you create a queue) but then flags it as invalid when you do. You can get around it by removing the hyphens, saving the details, and then go into the advanced editor and adding them back.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Auto scale Standard namespace infrastructure to remove noisy neighbour problems

Regularly (every couple of weeks) we have to create support tickets with Microsoft because of noisy neighbour issues as a symptom of Standard namespaces sharing infrastructure with other unknown namespaces.

These issues manifest as poor performance browsing the Azure portal for that namespace, provisioning using ARM templates, performing management operations using Powershell or browsing the namespace through Service Bus Explorer.

The resolution from Microsoft is that they have scaled the backend infrastructure.

This should be an automated process, and not something that relies on customers having to investigate, raise support tickets and wait for a resolution. A resolution to this…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. SB Topic Sometimes the message is not received

I have a topic subscription that does not receive any message. All other subscription receive messages. I do not have reproduction steps how I ended in this situation but I have encountered this issue in the past. Recreating the subscription works, but after a while it gets stuck again.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support event messaging to be pushed from inside Azure SQL

Some API from Azue SQL to any of the messaging services in Azure is highly desired. It appears "trivial" to e.g. implement support for sending an event to e.g. the Event Hub from inside Azure SQL using a built-in stored procedure or similar. Today it seems to be no direct way push a custom event/notification/message from inside Azure SQL to the any of Azure messaging services. (As-is, a pull-approach may be used to mitigate the gap, but this may involve issues related to the frequent runs and queries to the database needed in that case.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Make it possible to enable service bus again

Hi,

I'm having a problem where I reached a spending limit on my subscription. Then I removed the spending limit and added credit card information. All of my services started up again, except for the Service Bus. It is still disabled. Now I am waiting for the technical assistance to get this done.

It would be great if I could enable it myself from the Azure Portal.

At the moment I get the following error message:

Request:

https://manage.windowsazure.com/ServiceBus/AllEntities?ts=1449263615254

Response:

{"message":"The namespace thinktoscore in subscription 9419d4da76e649a3916569af83720c70 is not active, its current state is Disabled.","ErrorMessage":"The namespace thinktoscore in subscription 9419d4da76e649a3916569af83720c70 is not…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. [BUG] Change service bus namespace scale in manage windowsazure not functional

In manage.windowsazure.com after service bus namespace scale tier change, there is button for save changes. After click at save button, there are two options: Yes and No, but only No options works. Yes is not functional. I have tried IE 11.9600.17728 an Chrome 42.0.2311.90.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We need to be able to create Service Bus in Azure RM portal.

We need to be able to create Service Bus in Azure RM portal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. More control & documentation on Subscription filters

Hi, If I define multiple filters on a subscription , what is the evaluation logic ?

I found no official documentation and different answers on the internet. According to my test they are evaluated with an OR logic.

I'd like to have an official statement from the esb team to know exactly what is the expected behavior ...

BTW: I would have liked to have an AND condition .. and generally speaking have the option to choose among OR and AND

regards

enrico

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Service Bus