Service Bus

1. non partitioned to partitioned entities

Sending messages from a non partitioned topic means that all subscribers are expected to be non partitioned. To me a scenario where tue service bus could forward unpartitioned entity messages to a partitioned entity

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please foresee a 'checkbox' to create an ACS namespace in the portal with a new service bus

Each time we want to create a service bus namespace, we have to use PowerShell, just to add an ACS with the namespace. A checkbox (that is unchecked by default) would be so handy here

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide Event Hub viewer / explorer

It would be good if some sort of viewer/explore was provided for looking at the events within an Event Hub. This could be done either via the portal or Azure Storage Explorer.

When developing I currently use https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=Summer.azure-event-hub-explorer to view events as they are produced.

However, it would be good if a tool existed that let you browse events within the retention period. With the possibility to query by timestamp & partition key. As well as the event body, it would be good to be able to see the properties and other metadata.

We use Event Hub as the integration…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. SUGGESTION: Give minimal throughput statistics on Azure Service Bus Queue and Topics

I design web-applications for high-scalability, capable of handling a big number of simultaneous users. Typically a single VM can can have 10K, 20K and even u 50K simultaneous uses. In order for me to make proper design decisions with Azure web-applications, I need minimal statistics about some of its vital services.

I would suggest that Azure give some statistics about its Azure Service Bus service Queue and Topics.

1) Average number of write message operations per second.
    2) Average number of read-message operations per second.

It might also be good to vary the size of messages to see how that…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Increase limit of SAS keys per namespace

Currently the number of SAS keys is limited to 12. We have many users who post messages to a single queue and would like to give every user a separate SAS key.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. service bus namesapce scale configuration

When adding throughput unit to event hubs in the scale tab, the 'yes' button does nothing in IE or Chrome.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. unambiguous date format

so the date format here https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/service-bus-build-reliable-and-elastic-cloud-apps/ is 05/10/2016 which for most of the world is ambiguous

I suggest yyyy-mm-dd

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Keep getting internal server error on push messages to iOS

We are sending push messages to iOS and keep getting error messages.

Please see attached screen.

The Push Notification System returned an Internal Server Error

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. diable TLS 1.0 on service bus

We need a switcher of TLS on service bus portal. so we can change the TLS version between server and client. we can also disable he lower TLS to enhance the security.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hippa compliance for DocumentDB

Currently this is stopping us from developing on the DocDB service.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Detailed information about active listeners

This has been suggested before -
    In comment here:
    https://feedback.azure.com/forums/216926-service-bus/suggestions/3695944-service-bus-relay-monitoring
    and here
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/26118433/identify-a-azure-relay-servicebus-listener.

It would be great to be able to identify active listeners on a particular relay. I've also heard this can be a issue in the WCF relay.

I had a active listener in the portal (and eating all messages, with timeout), but not running my software anywhere. It would have been nice to see any insight to where it was running, f.x. IP address or machine name.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Event Grid events raised for Sessions

Service Bus can be configured to raise events when: "This event is generated if you have active messages in a queue or a subscription and there are no receivers listening."

For session based queues it would be more useful if it did this per session. This would allow multiple sessions to be processed simultaneously.

The SessionId should be added to the event payload so that the receiver knows which session to read.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Event Grid events available in Standard SKU

Currently a Service Bus can only be configured to raise events if it is Premium, Standard and Basic are not supported. This makes this feature prohibitively expensive for most.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Service Bus Geo-feature is way expensive

Service Bus Geo feature is a cool feature, which is requiring premium tier license, when using price calculator to work out the cost difference between standard tier and premium tier, it seems our cost will jump from AUD $16.45 per month to $1850 ($929.62 x 2). this is a huge jump. can you please confirm if this is correct?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make message rollback (abandon) transactable

Currently, if wrapped in a TransactionScope, calls to BrokeredMessage.Abandon are basically ignored, i.e. they have no effect, and the message cannot be received again until the message lease timeout has expired. It's not that it's "not transactable" in the sense that some of the messages are abandoned (rolled back) at the end of the TransactionScope and some are not...it's "not transactable in the sense that if the message is enrolled in a TransactionScope, the call to Abandon simply does not ever abandon any messages.

The ability to either commit or rollback an entire batch of messages seems critical to a…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Service Bus Premium Data at Rest Encryption Documentation

Hi

I need documentation details for Service Bus Premium Data at Rest Encryption Documentation. Please share the same.

Thanks

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Able to peek the Service Bus Queue so we don't have to download tools from internet.

Monitor the Service Bus Message Queue, Topics and Event Hub easily.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make Visual Studio templates for native AMQP services and clients

For service this would create a Rpc host project where one or more types of messages (one per amqp exchange) would be handled by developers written logic. Other types of calls would only initiate processing and not return any value to the callee (only protocol level ack). Publish to Azure would end up in cloud service or docker instance created. Publish to on prem would mean an instance of docker available over sb relay.
    Client template would only allow to wrap a publish or callRpc Amqp call in protocol specific boiler plate code. Conn string would lead to Azure or…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add visibility to the EventHub partitions

Now we can see only the message counters only per EventHub. I my case I explicitly send/receive messages through specific partitions. It would be helpful if I can see the message counters (and throughput) per partition basis. Now I know only one method to calculate it, by receiving all partition messages. :(

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add support to create subscriptions with filters and the ability to not have it changed by the subscriber

Have support to create a subscription based on filter, which the subscriber cannot change. On top of this filter, subscriber should be able to add additional filters for their individual benefit.

With this capability, I will be able to use 1 topic (1 data set) and provide subscriptions to different consumers based on filter conditions / rules.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Service Bus

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base