Service Bus

1. Receive multiple message sessions at once

In the (reasonably common) scenario where each consumer consumes more than one session concurrently, it will be helpful to be able to batch-receive from multiple session-receivers at once

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be greate to Automatically handle message.RenewLock() if lock Period is expired.

In Service Bus Queue, If I am having any message which takes more time to process data(eg. more than 5 mins which is the default time) then it throws MessageLockLostException.

So I tried receivedMessage.RenewLock();

But it again throw the same error. So can we have option which can be set to RenewLock() of message.It will be very easier to manage the long tasks in service Bus Queues.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Increase the amount of Shared access policies on Service Bus Topics

To be able to give both read and right access to many different systems on the Service Bus topics and queues it would be great if the maximum number of policies could be increased from todays 12.
    This limit could be 1000? Just to have some headroom?

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Be able to modify or delete service bus queue messages submitted with ScheduledEnqueueTimeUtc

There are many use cases I'm finding that require messages sent to a service bus queue using ScheduledEnqueueTimeUtc to be either modified or deleted.

Being able to peek a future message is great but not being able to change it or at least delete it from the queue is really causing problems. Simple things like accidently putting an incorrect future date cannot be fixed.

This would seem to be something anyone using ScheduledEnqueueTimeUtc would really want to have.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add support for auto-archiving dead letter messages to an Azure Storage account

I'd like to be able to set an expiry timestamp and file name format, and have the Service Bus auto-archive my dead-lettered messages for me to an Azure Storage account container so that I don't have to worry about my Service Bus filling up.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. EventHub Offset Durable on Server

Right now in Preview, you can track the Offset with checkpoints in a storage blob (or some other way if you want). It would be nice to get Durable Offset tracking with the service. I was confused by the way it works now.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Samples Azure Service Bus Gateway to support CoAP

We at IOT space have a lot of traction around CoAP powered devices. These devices are like 6LowPAN and run on almost a thin or sensors- Now we need the support from Azure Service Bus to listen to incoming request from these devices.

Following link do talk about CoAP its back in 2014.

But now it very difficult to get in touch with the folks and information about the same path.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwixnJL0nNbKAhWEcI4KHYx9DWgQFggbMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.ch9.ms%2Fsessions%2Fteched%2Fna%2F2014%2FDEV-B379.pptx&usg=AFQjCNFPKa1bibPmhGP1x_zo4OoiUaqG0g&bvm=bv.113034660,d.c2E

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Batching in REST API

Storage Queue allows get "one or messages" from queue, but service bus rest api allow only one message per request.
    I can't use standard .net client because it use uncommon tcp port and this port is closed in our organization.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable logging of all service bus metrics from diagnostic logging

We recently enabled diagnostic logging in Azure service bus. While there are over a dozen metrics that are collected (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-monitor/platform/metrics-supported#microsoftservicebusnamespaces), only a few (IncomingRequests, IncomingMessages, OutgoingMessages) are exported when streaming to either a storage account or event hub. Per MS Premier Support, the other metrics are currently not supported.

Add support for streaming of all service bus metrics. This will make logging and monitoring of service buses much more effective.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Browsing messages in queue

Please provider some tool (in portal or in visual studio) to browse messages in queue.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Increase the length of topic\subscription names.

Many people use the fully qualified name of a class or interface as the name of a topic. The 50 character limitation is simply not sufficient to create a human-readable topic name. Yes, you can hash them, but that makes for terrible operator usability. Just raise the limit to like 256 characters.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Enable setting filter logic of a topic subscription through portal

It would be nice if one could set the filter logic of a topic subscription through the portal, and not just through code. If that would be possible, one could use an Azure Function as a subscriber for a specific type of messages.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Message Level setting to skip dead lettering

Topic/Queue can have dead lettering enabled. But out of messages sent to the entity, some messages are data sensitive and should be removed even though message body is encrypted due to legal implications. Similar to TTL, an option on message to skip dead lettering is useful here.

One Approach is to auto forward to common topic and skip processing by configuring SQL filter. But if namespace has thousands of entities, it is little overhead.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sending messages in subscriptions to http/https endpoints

It would be fantastic if messages in a subscription could be sent to a http/https endpoint. Some like this http://docs.aws.amazon.com/sns/latest/dg/SendMessageToHttp.html

Today we solve this with worker roles or something along those lines and it would be great if that functionality was built in.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please make it less difficult to find the Access connection information pane

It took me a while to find out where the Access connection information pane was hidden.

I clicked on my Service Bus, when when I click on "Connection Information" I receive this:

Use this connection information to connect to queue 'sbqtestdave'.

SAS SAS
    You do not have any SAS Policies configured for this entity.

Every tutorial however, says to click on that button to find my shared access key. It wasn't until I clicked OUT of that service, and saw ALL of my service buses that I realized I could click the key again, and it revealed the correct information…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Shovel Subscription (aka auto forwarding)

I know the team has looked at auto-forwarding before. But, I was hoping that maybe you will relook at again.

Basically, a shovel subscription is a subscription, that will have connection details (could just use SAS keys) to a different ASB instance and messages that get delivered to that topic would then get delivered to this different ASB. The use-case for it would be, to use it for integration with 3rd parties. The idea of the Shovel comes from RabbitMq: https://www.cloudamqp.com/docs/shovel.html.

I know one could write a function app, logic app, etc to do this, but thats one more…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Open Source Service Bus for Windows Server Like the Service Fabric Team is Doing

Open Source Service Bus for Windows Server Like the Service Fabric Team is Doing.
    The Service Fabric team is in the process of moving to a Linux version and Open Source. Service Bus for Windows Server is stuck at version 1.1. Keeping with the times and other Microsoft efforts, open sourcing it so it is maintained would be greatly appreciated.
    Service Fabric open source:
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/azureservicefabric/2017/03/24/service-fabric-net-sdk-goes-open-source/

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. notify customers of new IP ranges for Service Bus

It was very difficult to find the list of IP ranges that Azure uses and there is no notification method when new IP ranges are added or old ones removed. This is critical, especially for customers using the Service Bus for secure communication with Azure-hosted applications.

I discovered that there is a downloadable XML file that is updated on Wednesdays, but I must manually download the file and run a comparison/diff to see if anything has changed. This is very inefficient, especially given that there are probably thousands of customers and administrators who need this information in a more easily…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Azure Service Bus should support Web Service and REST endpoints for the consumers by default with auditing

As all enterprise service bus products have, Azure Service Bus should support exposing services with their WSDL and RESTfull endpoints by defaults; without using SDK during consumer implementation. No enterprise can push a 3rd Party for using Azure SB SDK to consume business services... Ans also there should be built-in auditing and montioring features for Azure SB. It should be known that who, when, in waht credentials ..etc connected to the exposed services. Otherwise, each service should save its log to anywhere ..etc

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. non partitioned to partitioned entities

Sending messages from a non partitioned topic means that all subscribers are expected to be non partitioned. To me a scenario where tue service bus could forward unpartitioned entity messages to a partitioned entity

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Service Bus

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base