Service Bus

1. Support propagating content-type and content-encoding headers as user properties for event hub REST API.

I would like to request that MSFT consider providing access to these properties so that we can use the same standard properties across both HTTP and AMQP. Currently, when using HTTP to send to event hub if you specificy a Content-Type or Content-Encoding those headers are not included with the user properties as previously stated. When using AMQP to send to event hub (and the EventData class) you can explicitly add Content-Type and Content-Encoding properties as user properties, and that works fine such that they are received as user properties.

The problem with this is that it creates the requirement…

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BrokeredMessage.Defer(); should send a message to the back of the line

I use the Azure Service Bus in a geographically distributed environment. I also process messages in vertically and horizontally scaled out services.

Very often I will receive a message from the service bus for processing, but don't have enough information to complete the processing, (most of the time this is because I am waiting for SQL replication across continents) so I'll have to try again later.

Seems like a job for BrokeredMessage.Defer()! But alas, that causes the message to immediately get returned when I call Client.Receive(); even if there are thousands of messages in the queue / subscription that I…

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Increase the maximum message size for Premium

Premium is currently limited to a maximum message size of 1 MB. It would be great if you increased the maximum message size for Premium to 10 MB.

I see that there was a more general request regarding this that has been closed, https://feedback.azure.com/forums/216926-service-bus/suggestions/3933438-increase-the-256k-maximum-message-size-limit-of-br, but I assume that was before Premium was thought of.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add "Messaging Quotas" and current usage metrics of each to performance dashboards.

We would like to see a presentation of the Message Bus "Messaging Quotas" and current usage of each quota in Message Bus performance dashboard or make them accessible via the API.

For example:
    NetMessaging: 1,000
    AMQP: 5,000

There are a range of performance quotas documented here:
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/service-bus-quotas/

I would like to understand our metric use under each of these quotas and ideally alert on a threshold.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add metrics for the number of concurrent connections

It is better to provide the metrics or REST API to get the number of concurrent connections, because our connections are throttled if exceeding the defined quota.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hybrid connection client service

There is a tool (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=44216) for the "old" BizTalk hybrid connection that let vm or web/worker role to use hybrid connection. Because of the "dead" of BizTalk hybrid connection and the "rise" of sb relay hybrid connection, it would be appreciated to have its own client service tool.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Implement queue priority pattern

Implement priority queue pattern, to use one queue or topic subscription that can reorder its messages according to theirs priority.

Pattern description https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn589794.aspx

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. In a paired namespace scenario, make the primary namespace do the syphoning in a disaster recovery situation.

Currently, in the paired namespace scenario detailed in https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/service-bus-messaging/service-bus-paired-namespaces, "at least one of the clients" needs to run the syphon.

I don't think it's necessary to have that on the client side. This creates all sorts of requirements on the client side, such as availability.

It's probably much more convenient if a primary queue/topic knows about its secondary queue and starts syphoning on its own as soon as it goes online again.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add monitoring tiles for the Azure Dashboard

Please create some tiles that can be added to an Azure Dashboard.
    We have big screens in the office monitoring every bit of our Azure infrastructure from SQL DTU, CPU of Servers and Azure Storage however Azure Service Bus does not have a single tile or a single graph that we can add to the dashboard to help us monitor it.
    All the other teams (especially SQL and VM) have great Dashboard Graphs and Tiles.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ARM support for ForwardTo rules

Support for creating forwardto rules through ARM templates is broken. Please fix it.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. allow me to monitor my message bus queues easily

In the old UX, one could select the service busses, and from there select the queues and see their count (or width). I have attached a PowerShell script that will show these queue sizes.

Where can we look at the service busses in the new UI?
    They no longer seem to be first class citizens.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Event Grid integration with Service Bus Standard Edition

It would be good if Event Grid is integrated with Service Bus Standard Edition . As of now Event grid can listen to only premium tier service bus events. By supporting Standard edition of Service bus ,it will increase event driven messaging adoption .

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our eventual goal is to connect every service in Azure to publish events, however, we haven’t started on Service Bus Standard integration yet.

We’re passing your feedback along to the Service Bus team, but as always make sure you let them know as well so they hear your voice!

14. The firwall restricts the ip address when using service bus relay service

The firewall is restricting the connections based on IP addresses when using Azure service bus relay, the current possible solution would be whitelisting the IP ranges (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41653 ) in the regions you have azure service bus namespaces in your proxy, mostly it is not acceptable for customer. we have seen many such requests, what other options can be done on Azure side?

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to query how many listeners are activated in a topic/queue

An API to query how many listeners are activated in a topic/queue. During the system run, due to misconfiguration, today we cant really be sure that there are not multiple listeners activated on topic. Sometimes we are facing message loss as other listener is activated.

So, to solve any config/code issues, an API will help us to do some validations.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Delete BrokeredMessage from Topic/Queue by MessageId

It would be really useful to remove messages that are sent to Topic/Queue for later time and are not needed anymore.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Shared access policies on Service Bus Topic Subscription

As the data on a topic can be very different for each subscription, it would be great if we could manage the rights to the data on Subscription level.
    This would also be in line with the principle of giving the least amount of access possible.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Event Hub Encryption

Provide the ability to have Event Hub do a behind the scenes encryption. Something similar to Azure SQL TDE where we can check a box and the Event Hub is encrypted at rest.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support Service Bus for Windows Server 1.1 in WebJobs ServiceBusTrigger

I'm developing multiple service bus subscribers that must be able to run both in Azure and on-premises. We use Azure Service Bus in the cloud and Service Bus for Windows Server 1.1 on-premises.

The Azure WebJob SDK supports triggering code by receiving messages from Service Bus subscriptions, but currently the Microsoft.Azure.WebJobs.ServiceBus package depend on WindowsAzure.ServiceBus 2.3.1.0 or later which is incompatible with service bus on-premises.

I was able to make this work by doing a dirty hack of using assembly binding redirect to version 2.1.0.0 of Microsoft.ServiceBus.dll. My preliminary tests seems to work fine, but I would like some official…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Should be able to "Stop" any service, including Event Hubs, Queues, etc.

Please include "Stop" as a feature of any service that "runs." You can stop a VM, App Services and Stream Analytics jobs. Why not a SQL Database, DocumentDB, IoT Hub, EventHub, etc? Heck, should be able to Stop a Resource Group, which obviously would stop every service within.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Service Bus

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base