Virtual Machines

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Warm up Script

Warm up script to warm all applications install in Windows (Azure VM), for example we have 25 VMs running for our lab and we would to warm applications so students can start with no it.

Thanks,
    Gulab Pasha

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure Linux Customized image support improvement

[Issue Description]
    Create CentOS 7 VM from customized image but got the error "Failed to get dvd device"

https://github.com/Azure/azure-linux-extensions/issues/282

After re-install waagent on the custimized image, the issue still persist, though the issue didn't occur on the image from Azure gallery

[Target]
    Please help improve the customized image support and if any automation tool provided is great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. VM Extensions appearing as resources in resource groups

1.The VM extensions are part of the VM. Therefore they should appear under the VM resource, not next to it. The other resources like Network Interface, NSG, Public IP appear side-by-side because they do not belong to a VM.
    2.When you have more than one VM in a resource group, it is impossible to tell which extension is under which VM in the list, since they all have the same name.
    3.There are no actions I can perform in the portal related to that resource. I can't change any configuration, I can't even delete it. Therefore it is useless to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Subscritpion limitation error while spawing a VM in a region when other resources like VNET, Strg Acct, Reco vault etc is created

When creating a VM in a region it throws saying "Your subscription doesn't support creation of Virtual machines in this region and try another region.

We have already created the VNET, Storage account, Recovery Vault, etc in this region and the subscription has no limitation then. However it throws error while we create a VM which is weird. What good all these resources would be if I am not allowed to create a VM in there. Either of these should happen
    1. It should not allow any resources to be created in a region if there is any limitation on…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Creating new VMs :: allow chose the NetworkInterface name

As creating a new Virtual Machine in Azure, sure on Resource Manager mode, It allows to configure new/existing plenty of parameters:

Storage account
    Virtual Network
    Public IP Address
    Network security group
    Diagnostic Storage Account
    and so on ...
    But not the Network Interface, creating then a random one with a name like MyVMname666 or any other 3 digits random number

Just: WHY?

Why not allow the user to configure it manually, or chose between existing

I can raise a new environment with all perfect defined resource names, except the Network interface ;-(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. VM creation interface

Currently, you need to type in all the server details before you are able to select basic features of your machine (i.e. you need to type in a username, password/key, resource group) before you can select machine type.

You should be able to see whether you are able to create the VM you need before having to do all that housekeeping, especially if you need to check across regions or subscriptions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Portal Info should get refreshed Quickly

Hi,

I was ran into troubleshooting an issue just because the my IAAS VM dashboard does not reflected the IP address of the VM.
    Since the IP did not get refreshed on the portal and old one was there , I was connecting to old IP. This took me around 4-5 hr to identify that the issue with public IP of VM,.

Please do the needful for this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Improve ARM deployment speed

I did some tests with Application Gateway today and it usually took between 15 minutes and 1.5 hours to execute a deployment. This is really slow for a mission-critical service.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. SQL Server on Red Hat Enterprise - Inactives Azure Visual Studio

Hi, Ive been testing SQL Server vNext CTP1 on Red Hat Enterprise and i had created a virtual machine for testing purposes, this action locked my Azure Visual Studio Enterprise subscription because i dont have a credit card on my account.

SQL Server on Linux is on testing stages and i think it can`t be paid, even for a third-party software.

I hope you find another solution, like having a SQL Server VM on Ubuntu for free or negociate on this testing phase with Red Hat for testing with no cost.

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: My account will…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Smaller steps in choosing servers (or even the possibilities to custom select all hardware specs, instead of choosing a VM from the dropdown

Smaller steps or easy method in choosing servers (or even the possibilities to custom select all hardware specs, instead of choosing a VM from the dropdown list)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Cant create or delete any service

Yesterday i create 2 vm's and some services to try Azure, today in the principal panel shows some services but in the category of services is all empty. I create another vm and ok but i can see the machine

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow VM sizes and features to be customized

It would be nice if we were able to tweak our VM hardware resources to different values, similar to adding and removing VHDs.

In my specific case, we have a small VM that works fine, but it would be nice if we had an additional 0.5 GB of RAM. But our only option is to either use what we have now, or change the size and pay an additional $57 for features we don't need and won't use. (See screenshot)

It would be great if we could select a "template" that has minimum starting values (like the sizes now) and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1. As it has Double confirmation in Classic VMs Deletion to Input the VM Name and Select/Deselect Disks etc. , is really helpful as below,

1. As it has Double confirmation in Classic VMs Deletion to Input the VM Name and Select/Deselect Disks etc. , is really helpful as below,
      a. Avoids accidental selection of wrong VM, Avoid accidental deletion of VM
      b.  If it is genuine deletion, then user has choice to delete the corresponding Disks etc. , so that there won’t be any stale .VHDs in the storage which

incurs cost to the customer
       Later time when user wants to clean up, Avoids customer to scan through all the .VHDs to identify, avoids wrong selection / deletion of

corresponding .VHDs etc.

For…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Creating a VM in a pre-existing cloud service ports can overlap

Sometimes when creating a VM and selecting an existing cloud service it will keep the external ports for powershell or RDP as their default values instead of "AUTO" which cannot be manually entered. If you don't notice this and fix the external port before creating it will fail in provisioning and require you to fill out all the information again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Burstable CPU and Increase network bandwidth

As a user of Azure VM A0, it takes 10 seconds average to serve wordpress and 5 seconds average to serve asp.net core. Please give us burstable cpu like what amazon have and increase the network bandwidth (5 Mbps is a joke)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Error when using PowerShell template that is provided when creating a VM

I walked through the Portal wizard for creating a new RM VM. At the end I clicked on "Download template and parameters". I then downloaded the PowerShell.

When I ran it on my machine I got the following:

Registering resource provider 'microsoft.compute'
    C:\Azure\deploy.ps1 : A parameter cannot be found that matches parameter name 'Force'.
    At line:1 char:1
    + .\deploy.ps1
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (:) [deploy.ps1], ParameterBindingException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : NamedParameterNotFound,deploy.ps1

I have Azure cmdlets 3.0 installed. I edited the deploy.ps1 file and removed the -force and everything worked as expected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support Linux VM Base for Cloud Services

Cloud Services are currently only available with Windows Server. Please make it possible to host a Nodejs Cloud Service on a Linux VM.

Paying 40€ monthly for each core only for a Windows Server Licence is crazy! How can a small Startup pay that?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Windows Server 2016 RTM is a problem the forest functional level and domain functional level(Windows Server 2016)

[Install a new Active Directory forest on an Azure virtual network]
    Add a Language(Japanese) ->Promote this server to a domain controller
    ->[Active Directory Domain Services Configration Wizard]

By default, these settings are "Windows Server Technical Preview" in a new forest root domain.

Is There a problem with the display name in the case of the Japanese?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please provide a way for getting Computer Name After Migrating VMs Using ASR_Step by Step

Please provide a way for getting Computer Name After Migrating VMs Using ASR_Step by Step

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Virtual Machines

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base