Virtual Machines

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. possibility to dialog language per User inside the vm Win10 Enterprise N, in Switzerland we need 4 Langauges per User

Possibility to set dialog languages per User
    inside the vm Win10 Enterprise N,
    in Switzerland we need 4 languages per User

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow potential clients access to more cores

The machines available on a test or trial basis were simply too weak and thus I couldn't test my actual workflow. A pity, because maybe Azure would be a viable option for my company - but without the option to perform realistic tests, I'll never know.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. It would be nice to be able to select language when setting up Server 2012 Datacenter edition

It would be nice to be able to select language when setting up Server 2012 Datacenter edition

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Push all public IP settings to VM

The os config part as described here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-network/virtual-network-multiple-ip-addresses-portal#os-config could, as far as I can see, easily be automated (the primary already gets set automatically anyway).

This relatively dangerous piece makes it difficult to swap secondary public ips around when needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Display total and current running time

I need to get insight into how long time a VM have been in running state, both total running (since created) time and current (since last stopped deallocated). Display this information in the Azure portal and also make API to enable access to this information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support VM Diagnostic Performance Counter for specific drives like "\\LogicalDisk(E:)\\% Free Space"

Whilst there is are Peformance Counters for the total disk (e.g. Support VM Diagnostic Performance Counter for specific drives like "\LogicalDisk(_Total)\% Free Space") it is often meaningless if you cannot see what a specific drive is doing.

For example, assume a VM with standard OS disk (C:) of 128GB, Tempstorage (D:) of 64GB and Data (E:) of 128GB. Say then that drive C: has 70GB free and drive D: has 64GB free but drive E: is full and has not space left. Then the performance counter for "\LogicalDisk(_Total)\% Free Space" will report about 40% is still available.

This is really…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The Autoscaling function should be turn off when deallocating the VMSS

The increase/create operation of the new VM instance depends on the average CPU within 5 mins by default. When the CPU is higher than the threshold, the new VM instance will be created even when deallocating the VMSS. However, the CPU of the new-created instance will be high so that the average CPU is still over the threshould and a new instance will be created again and again until reaching the maximum number. This behavior is buggy.

The suggestion:
    The Autoscaling function should be turn off when deallocating the VMSS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. P2S Connection for Secured Port Access to VMs

Hello,

I would like to have a feature where certain ports of the VM should be accessible only if we are connected to VPN via P2S connection.

For Example,
    Port 80 - HTTP : is accessible to the client machines where the P2S is setup or in other words they have the proper client certificate to access the machine. By Default, port 80 ( as example ) should be blocked to the outside world who doesn't have the client certificates installed.

This would help us in protecting our content from being exposed to the outside world.

Thanks,
    Arun

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. error when creating a new instance

Failed Operation Start On Step Check Available Cores Cloud ProviderMicrosoft Azure (Classic)Message The requested VM tier 'Standard_H16m' for virtual appliance SAP NetWeaver 7.50 AS ABAP incl. SAP S/4HANA is currently not available in 'West Europe' for this subscription.
    The subscription policy limit for resource type 'cores count' was exceeded. The limit for resource type 'cores count' is 20 per subscription, the current count is 0, and the requested increment is 22.
    Please contact Microsoft Azure support to enable the required resources.More Information

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Why Reboot

My azure server has rebooted twice today. Can you tell me the reason of it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Scale out and Scale VM's when no of messages in Redis queue reaches preconfigured condition

a) When REDIS Queue Length >=10 (message in the queue) then scale out the Virtual machine to Process the messages.

b) When REDIS Queue Length <= 5 (message in the queue) then scale in the Virtual machine

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Warn user when placing VMs of different series that will cause higher latencies into the same v-net

When provisioning new VMs they will be placed in a cluster internally. Some clusters only support one (or a few) VM-series, so if a user tries to add a G-series VM and a D-series VM into the same v-net they will be added to two different clusters (since the G-series are placed in separate clusters). There is no way for end users to know how the VMs are provisioned, so if the VMs are provisioned in separate clusters the end user should be warned that the configuration would cause higher latencies than expected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change a secondary NIC private IP address without shutting down VMs

When we change a secondary NIC private IP address, we need to shut down the VM. We have the following error when trying to do without shutting down.

Error Code: SecondaryNetworkInterfaceInUseCannotChangePrivateIPAddress

But we can change the private IP address of a primary NIC. Can you change the behavior of the secondary NIC?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. When protecting, do not include unallocated disk space in computing disk size.

When protecting, do not include unallocated disk space in computing disk size.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. EBS

We want to configure Oracle EBS 12.2 Vision Single node in Azure.What is the process.Is there any direct Images available in Azure to configure same.Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Azure214 cource

There are practical exercises for Azure214 course in .pdf files. I think it would be more convenient to use it in interactive mode, i.e. nor reading .pdf file and trying to find where and what to do, but opening the exercise where you can see either screenshots with notes what and where you can find, or pass learning course like in games, where you see real interface with step-by-step course with tips for next step. I think it would raise course to the next level. I can provide more information if needed to improve this course - hope you have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. create a KALI VM in Azure to pen- test internet websites

Can please advise what process to create KALI VM in Azure to pen- test internet websites?
    If it's allowed or any approval is required from Azure?
    https://security-forms.azure.com/***********-testing/terms

The above link just mention about approval for test Azure-hosting service/applications with traffic into Azure , but how about pen-test traffic from Azure to outside internet ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. How to De-Allocate VM using SQL stored procedure using Azure Automation?

Hi Team,

We are looking for a solution where using SQL store procedure we would like to Deallocate VM / stop VM.

Kindly help

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow VM Backup to restore VMs with mixture of Premium and STD Disks

Currently when doing a VM Level restore. Its only possible to restore to a single storage account. This means that if a VM had multiple storage accounts (say for premium and standard storage) this is not supported in restore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Faster CPU options

We currently have a SQL Server with 3.5GHz dual processors and looking to migrate to Azure. Unfortunately this currently means a drop in performance with the CPUs available on Azure when I have trialled this.
    A faster CPU option for higher performance for those willing to pay the premium would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Virtual Machines

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base