Virtual Machines

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Size name of Virtual Machine

Hi!

I have big problem always that I will configure a virtual machine. The Azure not permitte that I choice the size of name of my virtual machine, this is very bad because I have in my company a organization and pattern.

I need that it name set free for choice of size of name of my virtual machine, please.

Tks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Don't cancel transfers started with copy paste if copy is used again.

When using RDP to transfer files using copy paste, the transfer is cancelled with an "unspecified error" if one uses copy again for another task while the transfer is running. Fix this please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Concider bringing back an edition of home server

I have a home server, actually its running vista, but it isn't allowed to run many things, so it won't get compromised, it is for hosting games locally, and it also serves as backup storage.

There's a Linux based product called amahi, they have this service which can create home servers from most hardware as long as the basics are in place such as board, chip, ram, GPU, and HDDs etc

I reckon, as you have windows 10 now with software as a service, could it he worth having a scalable but affordable version of windows 10 that has home-server…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow host file modifications for SKUs of Standard and above.

Allow SKUs which utilize non shared vm to make host file entries. This is convenient when resources required internally are limited and don't necessitate the creation of DNS servers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Diagnostic tool enhancement

Specific server process (ex. w3wp.exe ) memory dump generate use procdump at CPU usage is high.
    Just like a crash dump can be obtained with the diagnostic tool.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/vs-azure-tools-diagnostics-for-cloud-services-and-virtual-machines

background

CPU usage high analysis is very difficut.
    because customer reboot OS first.
    if that is done,Information on event occurrence can not be obtained.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Allow creating more than one VM in one go in Portal

If a user need to spin identical VMs then he/she has to do one VM at a time in Azure Portal. I know that PowerShell/CLI/ARM templates can be used to do it but adding a option in portal will greatly help those (at least) who are new to Azure. Its painful to start over again to create a new VM with identical configuration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Why extension get installed every time (Ex. AntiMalware), It has to be disabled for 2nd time or show alert as it's already available.

When I am added extension of IAAS AntiMalware , it always get deployed?

Once extension goes installed on particular machine why it's available again for installation or push?

Second time it needs to be unable to select it or shows status as already installed or available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. update the auto-shutdown feature

When trying to setup auto-shutdown, after putting in my email for notification, despite the help text, I get:

MissingRequiredProperty Missing required property WebhookUrl.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. VMSnapshot extensions fail to show on VMs

We have 11 Azure VMs running backups and the VMSnapshot extensions fail to load in the extensions tab. If it is the only extension this VM has it will just show the "Loading..." message. If the VM has other extensions it will only show those without the VMSnapshot.

This causes some sporadic issues when we try to run backups manually. I have tried removing VMs from the backup policy and re-adding them, but the problem still persists.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have documentation created for adding DNS suffix for VMs on Model1.

I suggest to have documentation created for adding DNS suffix for VMs on Model1. Ref #117062215932932

After adding DNS Suffix, the VM always goes into unresponsive status and has to be rebooted via portal. At time people just wait for the M to come up on its own but this never happens. It has to be manually rebooted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. connecting P2S vpn on linux/unix platform

i configured P2S VPN on azure for management my vm,and i can do it well,how ever i use mac os often,i hope i can get linux/unix client for azure p2s vpn,3q

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make SQL-Server VM work out of the box - SqlIaaSExtension.Service

As it is, the SqlIaaSExtension.Service is causing the VM to eventually fail due to memory-buildup. MS should deliver working software!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PROBLEM: "Citrix XenApp 7.14 Trial" IS NOT A TRIAL

My idea of Trial is that is free of charge, and in the past I did not find trial that was not not free of charge.

The "Citrix XenApp 7.14 Trial" work in a strange mode, the Citrix licenze is free for 30 days but:

1) Is not possible deploy "Citrix XenApp 7.14 Trial" with "Free Trial" subscription because "Citrix XenApp 7.14 Trial" need 12 Core of DSv2 (not allowed in "free trial" subscription)

2) It is possible using "Visual Studio Dev Essentials" subscriprion by requesting an increase of cores,but the 25€/month avaiavble is sufficent for less 1 day because…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Only show images which are part of my subscription.

Only show VMs that can actually be created under my subscription, instead of showing an MSDN error. Current selection is very confusion for new users that simply want to create a windows machine and rdp into it. Make it easy for them to try windows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. To update this article "Step-by-Step: Remote Desktop Services on Windows Azure – A cost-effective alternative to Desktop as a Service"

To successfully connect to VM with RDS role using domain user you have to edit RDP file, that you downloaded from new portal . You have to change value for this option: "administrative session:i:" from "1" --> "0'
    This valuable information should be documented and updated to this 2013 articale (https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/keithmayer/2013/09/19/step-by-step-remote-desktop-services-on-windows-azure-a-cost-effective-alternative-to-desktop-as-a-service-part-2/) about RDS deployment in Azure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Update Request: Azure VM Backup Feature

We have assigned OWNER permission to a group. When we go to Azure VM > Backup, it starts showing to protect Azure VM. The respective Azure VM is already protected and have successful Recovery Points.
    But When we go to Recovery Vault directly, we can see correct details. Currently, we are using this as a potential workaround

Please rectify this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. To be able to host Bigger VMs than the VHD size or the Managed Image size

Consider the root partition of a VHD created is 5 GB, a user should be able to host a Vm using the VHD but with expanded root partition like 30G or 100G.

I know this feature exists, where we can resize VHD then login to the machine and expand the partition, but for automated launching of VMs, this method is not feasible.

The point is huge VHDs to be copied across regions(storage accounts) is time intensive. So launching across 15-20 regions will be really slow.

If Managed Image can have this feature, it will be a boost to use managed…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add the ability to able to programmatically determine the size of the OS disk based on the VirtualMachineImage

I need to be able to know whether or not to resize an OS disk based on the size of a source disk that I'm migrating into an Azure VM. I've read that by default Linux uses a 30 GB OS disk and Windows uses 127 GB, but I'd like to be able to programmatically determine the size of the OS disk based on the VirtualMachineImage(location, publisher, author, sku) when I create the VM via the REST API. The VirtualMachineImage object has an OSDiskImage, but all that contains is the OS type (Windows/Linux), and no OS disk sizing. Until recently,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to deploy a VM without the ephemeral drive

The ephemeral drive makes it difficult to migrate images from external sources into Azure as it affects the drive indexing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Virtual Machines

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base