How can we improve Azure Virtual Machines?

When will the new portal be complete?

Every resource that you can add in the new portal seems to be v1 not v2 as there are no add buttons for the v2 resources. Seems like it's taking a very long time for Microsoft to allow creation of ARM resources in the new portal. Trying to learn in Power Shell but not much documentation out there for ARM resource implementation. Can't find a single book on Amazon or Barnes and Nobles and when I do find a tutorial it's incomplete and lacking good examples. I have been over at GitHub looking at the templates but even they are incomplete examples. I did find a a good example on the internet for 2 VM's, in a load balanced, NAT ruled virtual network within in a resource group but it only opens ports to the VM's for RDP and no example on how to open other ports for the HTTP or SQL Server. Not even examples to open ports for an email server which I do actually have running perfectly on a single VM Cloud App. Please. Finish the portal or get us some more, complete, documentation and examples for v2 in Power Shell. Thanks.

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Greg Smyth shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Greg Smyth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, there is no way to add a Loadbalancer, Network Interface or any other functionality to create VM's in a Load balanced, Virtual network without using Power Shell. Not that I can see anyway.

Marketplace > Virtual network > Cannot change drop down from ASM to ARM. Drop down greyed out so cannot create ARM Virtual network from portal.

Took me a while to figure it out but you need to go to the resource you want to create and then change the drop down from ASM to ARM. Thank you.

Feedback and Knowledge Base