How can we improve Azure Virtual Machines?

Host reboots without VM reboot

In the last 3 months Azure had rebooted VMs almost in 15 instances, and most of them are because of a bug, for a cloud concentric company this is unacceptable-- why is it not possible to fix the bug without rebooting VMs? Moving to cloud from on-premise was supposed to reduce hands on involvement and reduce costs-- neither of which are happening here. Can you please provide an answer as to when we can expect a solution where your customers VMs dont get rebooted randomly?

87 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tonis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our web app rebooted today 16 times already!!! Your support assured it is not our fault but because of a bug in Azure. And it has happened for months now. Every day. For all our instances. Is this the level of quality Microsoft aims for customers who are paying 3000 per month for the "service"? Get the s### together and fix this **** bug so we could live without restarts finally!

• Mayank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue with our VM's. Servers just shutdown and do not even restart unless manually done. Totally unacceptable.

• dean stather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was about to move several customer virtual machines from amazon to azure - when we experienced this first planned maintenance Fix. There is no set time, just 12 hours range from the start time, at which my server completed a dirty shutdown. This is fairly un-acceptable for a product server to not even get prompted to shutdown cleanly. Therefore we will not be moving to any Azure platform if the service includes a time range dirty shutdown. Its like a ticking time bomb. Please look at resolving this issue ASAP, as I like the platform.

• Ricardo Fiel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Guys, I love Azure but this is unacceptable. We had planned to go with Azure for a new product we're launching but decided on AWS just because of this.

• Dion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is totally unacceptable and we have had to halt our migration to Azure and pick another provider because of it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base