How can we improve Azure Virtual Machines?

Virtual Resource Deletion process

I have suggestion wrt to deleting a resources,I think we need to create a process while creating a VM,That this resource will follow a deleteion approval process to make sure its not delted without MFA andhas to be retained for 24 to 48 hours for saftey puprose

Virtual Deletion is a simple process but it has to be equal to physical security not from data perspective but also from physical deletion perspective ,

so when someone deletes a resource it cannot just go away like that which may increase the customer fear of cloud computing when compare to Physical computing,

We have a config called "Lock Resources" for accidental deletion same way we need to bring a process that who can approve a deletion,it may not be applicable for all environments at least for production environments,

Thou lock is there ,its a reactive thing,so my idea is to avoid any intentional or unintentional deletion with an email or MFA approval process of CTO/CEO rather than just an IT admin and then even its deleted ,resources has to be retained in the environment for 48 to 96 hours in a basket.
This way customer will have a more faith in cloud computing equal to physical computing.This idea is more process oriented and totally different from lock which is more technology oriented.

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jaganathan krishnan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base