Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Virtual Machines

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mount VHDs/managed disks directly in portal

For unencrypted volumes, it would sometimes be useful to be able to "mount" these volumes in Azure and browse/edit some of the data. Using this method, some Linux problems could be fixed, i.e. problematic fstab entries. If possible, this would need to be available for different file systems, i.e. NTFS, ETX4 ...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

2. VM current screenshot on front page of VM?

I feel that it would be great to have this shown on the front page of the VM, a bit like how a VM is displayed in Hyper-V, so that at a glance you can see the latest screen capture

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

3. Swapping the unhealthy physical node at starting VM

For running VM, "Service healing" will prevents down-time.
    On the other hands, for initiation of VM, user have to wait for VM fully starts and user cannot detect the reason why VM starts slowly.

I would propose that Azure automatically retry starting VM on another node in case Azure detect unhealthy node events.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for custom VM sizes

We need more custom VM sizes besides the existing ones. Sometimes we may need more or less vCPU/RAM, which are not included in the existing VM sizes. It would be better for customers to config their prefer sizes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Protected settings available in Clear text in Deployment options

When I use ARM template and Custom Script Extensions with protected settings, these options are available in clear text in Deployment option.

Can you fix it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Virtual Machines

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base