Virtual Machines

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. On the virtual machine panel please provide a visual indicator (color, shape, etc) to indicate if a machne is running or not.

Currently when viewing multiple VMs it can be very difficult to see which machines are running and which are not. There is a text indicator but they all tend to run together. The old portal had a visual indicator so that at a glance you could see what was running. A visual indicator of a color and or/shape would make it very easy to see which VMs are running.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Retrieve (expose through API) Performance & Diagnostic data for Azure Virtual Machines

At least basic metrics like the ones exposed in Azure Portal should be exposed for Virtual Machines through the REST API.

Also adding metrics should be available

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Rename virtual machines

When deploying machines from Life Cycle Services, the machines are deployed with a cryptic id as name. This makes it very hard to maintain in the azure portal when you work within a large organization where a large portion of machines are deployed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow the queuing of endpoint operations

When one tries to add two endpoints to the same vm in a row (for example, http and https), the second operation will invariably fail because the first operation is still ongoing. This is very counter-intuitive. Please either allow the queuing of endpoint operations or don't allow me to enter the second one while the first one is still in progress.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. VM Image with AD LDS Server Role

The use of Vm from azure seems to be growing. Many customers would love to be able to have a light version of AD running on the VM image that gets created.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add my images/my disks for creating VM / capturing. didn't find it!

maybe missed something. Cannot create a VM from "my images" gallery like before (old portal).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Give the ability to snapshot a VM

Want an easy way to snapshot a VM and restore to that point. The snapshot should capture all disks (except temporary storage) and provide an easy button poke to restore to that point as well.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Issue while creating SharePoint farm

When trying to create a SharePoint Farm, I get the following error:

statusCode:BadRequest

statusMessage:{"error":{"code":"VirtualMachineOperationFailed","message":"Kan virtuele machine YK-Demo-RG-SP niet maken: OSImage c6e0f177abd8496e934234bd27f46c5d__SharePoint-2013-Trial-7-14-2014 not found. If you are using a VM image, it must be specified as VMImageName for the role, not as SourceImageName for OSVirtualHardDisk.."}}

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow the layout for an individual Virtual Machine to be copied as a template

The new portal gives a really simple yet rich view of the information for your virtual machines and the ability to customize the layout, sizing and information for each element is quite useful.

What would be really handy is to create a layout for an individual VM data page but then save it as a template and be able to apply to another. Thereby giving you a consistent view for each VM and not having to do it manually every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug : bad name whan a Vnet is created during VM Creation Wizard

When i created a new VM and un Vnet with Preview Portal, name generated for my Vnet is incorrect : "Group Group" string as been had in the begining of my Vnet name

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Bug in Azure Preview Portal : Connect to a VM

I can not Connect (RDP) a VM (Windows) just deployed in Preview Portal.

Connect is possible using "Old" Portal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make RDP Connections Work For VMs

In the old portal when I browse a VM and select "Connect" the RDP connection opens pre-populated with the correct connection details. In the new portal, it opens with no remote address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to move Virtual machines between suscriptions

We work with projects creating a suscription for each project. That way we can have control of how much money we expend on the windows azure service.
    But sometimes, we would like to reuse existing machines that we used in one suscription to a second suscription for a different project.

I know we can replicate VM, o use backup disk, etc, but it would be so much easier if we have an option to just move one VM from one suscription to another suscription. It seems very easy and is only for accounting issues.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. No OK button when selecting Storage Account in Create VM Wizard

When creating a new VM, there is not OK button after selecting a Storage Account - and when you navigate away, it will warn you that you loose your settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. vCloud / vRealize Automation compatibility

We use VMware vCloud Automation Center / vRealize Automaton for our private cloud self-service portal. We want to allow our end users to deploy VM's to Azure but this is not out of the box functionality. I hope MS and VMware can work together on a connector endpoint to make this possible. It would really go a long way to make Azure usage skyrocket if other cloud management software could deploy to Azure services more easily.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Make Three Fault Domains the minimum configuration of an Availability Set

When deploying SQL Server AlwaysOn AG or FCI for high availability, you need to ensure that you always have a majority of cluster votes online. In order to do this you need to ensure that each cluster node and the file share witness reside in different fault domains. A two node cluster needs a minimum of three Fault Domains. However, Azure currently only guarantees two Fault Domains per Availability Set. This is inadequate due to the fact that the failure of a single Fault Domain will bring down your entire cluster if two of cluster votes reside in that Fault…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. virtual machine (VM) - simple - snapshot/image

One of the best features about running a virtual machine is the ability to snapshot/image a running VM so that you can revert back to it in case of a misconfiguration or other issue that would be difficult to recover from.

This is also a great non-intrusive way to backup machines without pegging CPU cycles (driving up cloud hosting costs).

I was able to do this with VMs running in Rackspace cloud and I believe other cloud hosting providers allow it. Why not Azure? It would be very important.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. What happened to the ability to create a virtual machine from a detached disk?

I used to be able to delete a virtual machine and then recreate it using the detached disk. This option appears to be missing now. How can I create a VM using either my own Image or my detached disks?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bulk adding endpoints

Is there a way to add more than 1 endpoints at a time? If not I think this would be a great feature. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Item descriptions

Having the ability to add a description to a service or virtual machine would be a welcome addition.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Virtual Machines

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base