Virtual Machines

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. BUG: Creating a Linux VM with SSH certificate from portal fails

I'm trying to create a Linux virtual machine (Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, 7/25/2014 release) in a virtual network. Whenever I specify an SSH certificate instead of a password, I keep getting an error that the machine creation failed. The certificate upload succeeds, however.
    This has happened in the past as well, but I didn't worry about it then since I was focused on a PaaS deployment. Please fix this! If it's a matter of some required settings combination not being met, please highlight that in the UI.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Retrieve VM meatdata information from within the VM

I am using Cassandra. Cassandra is a distributed DB (http://cassandra.apache.org/).

Every record is replicated across a configurable number of nodes.
    To ensure HA the nodes holding the replicas are selected in different racks. In the Azure cloud the analogy of a different rack is a different Update Domain (for comparison in AWS the analogy is different Availability Zones).
    See more information here http://www.datastax.com/documentation/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/architecture/architectureDataDistributeReplication_c.html

The nodes communicate with each other in p2p protocols and share the "rack" information among themselves. Every node is aware of the network topology of all the other nodes in the cluster including which rack…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Corey Sanders [MSFT] responded

Thanks for the feedback. Improved reporting from within the VM is something we will look at improving.

• Don't see your idea?

Virtual Machines

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base