Virtual Machines

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display IOPS and throughput on the Overview page

It would be good to show the IOPS and throughput limit of the VM on the overview page. This would eliminate the need to lookup IOPS/throughput when doing right-sizing activities.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include the code in the URL

I get this prompt when I log into the machine:

To sign in, use a web browser to open the page https://microsoft.com/devicelogin and enter the code BTE2LNW3L to authenticate. Press ENTER when ready.

This means I have to copy the code, and click through the url.

If you made the code a part of the URL, it would save me a step and reduce friction to use this login mechanism.

e.g., This message would be way more useful:

To sign in, use a web browser to open the page: https://microsoft.com/devicelogin?code=BTE2LNW3L to authenticate. Press ENTER when ready.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure VM reboot due to underline host failure is very frequent and this is one of biggest disadvantage of hosting servers in azure.

Azure VM reboot due to underline host failure is very frequent and this is one of biggest disadvantage of hosting servers in azure. The solution MS gives is to keep the servers in availability set, but if i have 1000 VM's in my environment , i cant use availability set as i need to another extra 1000 VM's just for this purpose.. this doesn't make any sense. sorry to say i am very disappointed with azure on this .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Expose the kernel version as a property of VMimages

From: https://github.com/Azure/azure-powershell/issues/10458

3rd Party programs, such as AV software describes it's pre-requisites as Kernel Versions, not just OS versions and never in terms of Azure VM Image SKUs
    e.g. RHEL 7.7 kernel 3.10.0-1062

get-azvmimage -Location eastus -PublisherName Redhat -Offer RHEL -Skus 7.7
    should return an object with a property named KernelVersion or Kernel

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

5. Include Auto-Shutdown time to Get-AzVM cmdlet

From issue: https://github.com/Azure/azure-powershell/issues/10616

Get-AzVm command that can list other VM properties eg.AutoShutdown time, VM current status (running or stop).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. F series compute, V3 SKU

We love the F series compute VM's, they are almost perfect for our use case - the only thing that causes us grief is the lack of RAM in what might otherwise be considered a modern operational environment. When you come to do the Fsv3 series, please increase the RAM by at least 50% (moving an F4sv2 on 8GB to an F4s_v3 at 12GB for instance)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

7. Offer vCPU constrained AMD EPYC VMs

Currently vCPU constrained VMs are only available on Intel technology. A VM like "E16a-8s_v4" would be ideal for medium-sized SQL Server platforms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When using ASP Classic and Office 365 email port 25 is the only port that works for sending emails.

When using ASP Classic and Office 365 email port 25 is the only port that works for sending emails. By default Azure VMs blocks port 25 traffic. It is suggested that you either use port 587 or open a ticket to have the port 25 open. There is also other option witch is enabling the IIS SMTP server and configuring it having Office 365 as the Smart Host at port 587 ... but it is not suggested. So my suggestions is to include this information to avoid "port 25 tickets".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Have the option to increase Virtual Machine network egress without having to increase the full machine

I need increased bandwidth from my Azure VM but upgrading to machine that can provide the needed egress also gives me more RAM and CPU which will not be utilized and is wasted in my situation. I'd like the option to increase bandwidth only without the machine upgrade

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Have the option to increase Virtual Machine network egress without having to increase the full machine

I need increased bandwidth from my Azure VM but upgrading to machine that can provide the needed egress also gives me more RAM and CPU which will not be utilized and is wasted in my situation. I'd like the option to increase bandwidth only without the machine upgrade

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Have the option to increase Virtual Machine network egress without having to increase the full machine

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Have the option to increase Virtual Machine network egress without having to increase the full machine

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to rename resources instead of deleting and creating

need to rename a VM, local network gateway etc etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Store the external RDP port used last for accessing a VM through the public IP address allowing port forwarding rules on the LB to work

Currently we have a load balancer with external ports on the public IP forwarding to internal ports on the private IP for our virtual machines. From the Azure Home, we can see our Virtual Machines, but selecting the Connect option for RDP along with the external IP always defaults port 8000. We have to look up the correct external port in the load balancer rules and replace the port 8000 on this screen to connect to each system from the Azure web gui. It would be a nice change for the VM Connect screen to store the last external IP…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide an option to increase temporary storage size without having to increase the VM size.

Please provide an option to increase temporary storage size without having to increase the VM size.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16. AZCLI restore VM like portal

As an engineer working on automated restore. I want to be able to restore via the Azure CLI or some equivalent so that the restore process can be done faster and with less chances for mistakes. Currently this does not appear to be an option in the CLI and not stated in the documentation either. Is it possible to have this added or to get an equivalent?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Provide more real-time status for VM's such that VM in service Recovery is visible

I've had a NUMBER of cases over the last year and a half where an Azure host will fail, it enters service recovery, but all the portal indications are all is fine for ~20 minutes. It would be nice if there was a way for me as a customer/SRE to know that the host is in recovery, and to just let it be.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Implement a "Force Stop" for virtual machines (similar to AWS's stop twice)

On AWS when you stop a VM and it doesn't stop, a 2nd stop will FORCE STOP the VM. MSFT/Azure would do well to do the same.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. VM traffic flow visualizing

VM traffic flow visualizing with/without NSG flow log

Our customer has the environment: multiple VM within one subnet. He wants to visualizing traffic flow from different VM directly. But NSG flow logs with traffic analytics can only see the topology of subnets. Network watcher can only see the traffic but not the flow. Modifying NSG could cause the problem of production environment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Inconsistent case conversions

There is a lot of case conversion inconsistency and it appears to be growing. For example:

Resource group names are converted to uppercase when creating disk resources.

When creating DNS and RSV resources, the resource names and resource groups names are converted and stored in lowercase.

Consistency throughout should be maintained. We are wasting significant hours in development and testing implementing workarounds due to case inconsistency in the Azure back-end.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

← Previous 1 3 4 5 74 75
  • Don't see your idea?

Virtual Machines

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base