Virtual Machines

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow VMS to be added or removed from a cloud service after they are created.

I'd like to be able to move my VMS in and out of a cloud service.

The cloud service is a load balancer as far as I'm concerned.

I want to be able to manage my VMS separate from it but get the benefit of load balancing in front of my applications.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Extend azure cache(Preview) to be used from IaaS VMs

Currently it is not possible to use azure cache role (preview) from the web site deploy on VM that is running in IaaS.

It would be nice to make it possible

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow multiple concurrent users in the VM and allow printing from local printer using RDP

I am looking to use the Azure VM as a desktop machine, where I have installed a Windows application, and allow concurrent users to RDP into the VM. This way I can have my customers use my company's program on the VM as a SaaS. Currently I can only have two concurrent users (even if I change the configuration of "limit number of connections" to "99999" there is still no change. The only way to do this is to add the "Remote Desktop Services" role and feature.
    I also think that the Azure VM should be able to access the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. A built in Virtual Desktop component and switcher

Relative to Ubuntu's workspaces- as many as you want, and can be implemented right onto the taskbar. As well, coloumns, and rows

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. VM machine should contain software library folder so time for downloading and installing will be reduce.

Comparing with Cloudshare.com

1. VM there are very less preconfigured VM's are available.
    2. They provide the access through browser good one for mobile device users.
    3. Share the own machine drives for data sharing with RDP VM machine should be included.
    4. Deployment of Non Microsoft (MySql and PHP) website need to make easy with tool tips and tutorials.
    5. Overall Good Speed in VM machine with best BCP support.
    6. Thanking you for providing preview to test the environment .

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide UI tooling for VM upload

It is fairly difficult and complicated the number of steps needed for uploading a VM/VHD to azure. We really need a UI tool. Perhaps now that Win8 has Hyper-V built in there could be a button in the Hyper-V GUI to upload the VM/VHD straight to Azure in a nicely integrated wizard way.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Display VM size (S/M/L/XL) for every role on WA Portal

Create a label on the Windows Azure portal which indicates the configured VM size for each role deployed to a tenant. Customers have difficulty easily determining what is deployed in larger deployment scenarios.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. All cloud service/role instances and VMs should have a thumbnail screenshot

One of the differences between VMs and physical machines is that you cannot see what's going on when RDP doesn't work, for example when the machine has locked up or when it is booting.

It would be great to be able to get a screenshot of the current state, a bit like in HyperV server.

This would help us diagnose problems.

For example, the other day I was worried that one of my VMs was taking ages to boot up. It turns out it was doing a Windows Update before RDP was available.

If I could see a screenshot, I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a very interesting, it would be a cool way to see the current state of each of the resources that you have.

9. implement a REST API call to be able to delete a virtual machine using its public/private ip

this will make the infrastructure one step closer to a real IaaS environment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add VM to DC from management API

Currently it is only possible to add only new VMs to DC either through management API or powershell.

For example there is a VM, which i want to join to DC running in the same VNET and in azure IaaS. There is no way we can do that either from API or Powershell, VM needs to be added to DC manually by specifying DNS IP in IPV4 config.

It is alway important to update existing machines that are running in work group to be added to DC and VNET without bringing them down.
    Also it would be useful for managing…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow FQDN access between VM roles.

Currently I cant communicate between 2 VM roles using FQDN. I have to use ip address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Virtual Machines

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base