Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Virtual Machines

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to set the value of shutdown timeout (force shutdown)

According to the current behavior, if it is not completed within 10 minutes after the stop(deallocate) operation of Azure VM, I believe that the stop will be forced.

However, it may take a lot of time due to the stop processing of process or OS task.

I hope to be able to determine the forced out timeout time ourselves.

89 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ubuntu 20.04LTS VMSS Automatic OS Upgrade Support

As of today, Ubuntu Server 20.04LTS is not supported by VMSS Automatic OS Upgrade feature (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machine-scale-sets/virtual-machine-scale-sets-automatic-upgrade#supported-os-images).
    This one has been released on April 23, 2020.
    Can you please kindly consider support it with VMSS Automatic OS Upgrade feature?

Many thanks,

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  VMSS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More supported setting names for Add-AzVMAdditionalUnattendContent

Currently the Add-AzVMAdditionalUnattendContent command only supports injecting "AutoLogon" and "FirstLogonCommands" settings for the "Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup" unattend component.

This needs expanding to support the "Microsoft-Windows-International-Core" unattend component which would allow setting of the region/locale and language.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Azure Site Recovery - replication of VMs with UEFI and SecureBoot enabled

Have possibility to replicate on-premise (Hyper-V, VMware) Virtual Machines with UEFI and SecureBoot enabled via Azure Site Recovery.

Nowadays replication of VMs with SecureBoot is not supported:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/site-recovery/vmware-physical-azure-support-matrix#storage

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. GPU enabled instance support in Japan West

Please consider adding GPU instance support in Japan West.
    It's available in Japan East but we cannot easily migrate our service running on Azure Databricks.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Azure VM limits should be visible on VM Overview page graphs

In a support case I found one of my VMs was being throttled because it was over disk write limit; the performance (other colors, not red) and limits (in red) should be on the graphs on the overview. This seriously impacts availability when VMs are being throttled and makes for an insidious and hard to understand issue. All performance limits should be visible! Please implement?

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Improve the visibility of when Virtual Machine Image is from third party

The selection of images listed when creating a new VM currently list third party images with license agreements not visible in this context. Please improve the visibility of when this is the case, and highlight any information that will be shared with that third party.
    This suggestion is based on a Twitter discussion. I'll link this there and hopefully the OP will add additional information.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. resize VM without reboot

Currently if you want to change the VM Size of Azure, VM is restarted. VM Resize shouldn't require downtime and it should be done in the backend. As CPU and RAM is still throttle when we use more resources then why can't we just remove the throttling limit and inform customer that VM is resized from A to D series when request is raised of resize?

179 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

9. Invoke-AzVMRunCommand

I want to call this to sysprep from devops pipelines. But it runs only under SYSTEM which is not allowed for sysprep.
    Through this I can stay on public cloud agents for all my automation tasks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Shared Image Gallery : Allow to create multiple images from the same combination

Current implementation of Shared Image Gallery images does not allow creation of a new image definition in case existing image definition using the same combination (of publisher, offer and SKU) already exists.

In our use-case we create multiple self-hosted images using common base image from Azure Marketplace. Those images have different OS configurations (tools installed in VM) and infra configurations (different disk setups). Since all of those images share the same combination of publisher, offer and SKU, it is not possible to store those images in the same shared image gallery. We have to create separate image gallery for each…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support of hyphens for Shared Image Gallery names

We usually use hyphens as separators. Unfortunately, this is not supported in the Shared Image Gallery. It would be helpful if this could be supported. Image definitions support this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ensure that out-of-the-box VMs comply with the Security Center recommendations

I have been running a Windows Server 2019 Datacenter VM for about a year, and it has recently gone live. Having got the applications running, I have looked more closely at the Security Center reports and discovered lots of remediation needed. Why is that necessary? Surely the image could have all those issues corrected before it is deployed?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. VM ready should wait for scripts in CustomData to execute

It would be nice to be able to indicate that data provided in CustomData will be executed as a script by CloudInit or a similar tool, and then wait to show the VM as Ready only after the script is executed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Roadmap for "Azure AD login VM extension" to go GA

Looking to integrate VM login to AAD using the extension in preview described at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/linux/login-using-aad.

Technically all working swimmingly well, but the log-in includes a warning message that the feature isn't for use in production.

What's the guidance when this is expected to go GA?

Raising here as suggested in handling of support ticket #120101924005145.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Spot VM eviction events not being published to Event Grid

I'd like to set up an event grid subscription to capture spot VM evictions, but those eviction deallocation and/or delete events are not being published to Event Grid. Practically all other VM events (including manual deallocation, deletion, or simulated evictions) are sent to the event grid; please send these platform-initiated events to the grid too.

I have seen the documentation for VMs monitoring their own metadata service for scheduled eviction events, but that's not an acceptable solution for me; I need to be able to monitor these events from an outside service (via a queue or other handler from the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The AMD GPU Drivers still say 1809, when will 2004 be supported.

Can we get Windows 10 for AMD GPU support up to 2004 please.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make Code for InstanceViewStatus an enum in the API

I am using the vmss API, and working with the PowerState codes. In order to deal with this I have created my own consts that map to all of the PowerState codes here:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/microsoft.azure.management.compute.fluent.powerstate?view=azure-dotnet

However, it would be nice if I could use a list of values from the API instead of defining my own.

Code location for current API:
    azure-rest-api-specs/specification/compute/resource-manager/Microsoft.Compute/stable/2020-12-01/compute.json

Purely relying on documetion can be conflicting. For instance the documentation here does not contain the PowerState/unknown status:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/microsoft.azure.management.compute.fluent.powerstate?view=azure-dotnet

If this was implemented on its own this would require every other status within the statuses field to have its…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VMSS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make PowerStatus its own member variable in VirtualMachineScaleSetVMInstanceView for the API

For the API, it would be nice to actually have the PowerState as a member variable inside of the following:
    azure-rest-api-specs/specification/compute/resource-manager/Microsoft.Compute/stable/2020-12-01/compute.json

It simply seems useful to have the PowerStatus at its own field not in the statuses if you always have one, so you don't have to go digging through the values in statuses each time in order to find the PowerStatus, and preform string matching to make sure you are grabbing the PowerStatus and not one of the other statuses.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VMSS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. CloudServices on B-Series Burstable VM

Hello,

Apologies if this has already been covered (it doesn't seem to be).

In migrating a number of A-Series Classic Cloud Services to B-Series Burstable VMs, it appears that setting vmsize="Standard_B1s" for example is not allowed. The enumerated list in the properties pane for both WorkerRoles and WCF WebRoles also don't show any B-Series VMs.

Have I missed something or are Cloud Services not supported on B-Series VMs, and if so, why?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Suggestion for VM script shell portal UI page

For the Script commands passed on the virtual machine "Run Command" page, it would be very useful to have an option so that enables script commands that run to be automatically cataloged and listed on as commands (a command history). Users frequent certain commands, could 'pin' them, modify them, etc more plainly. Basically this improvement would be even more useful as Up Arrow key in bASh. Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 85 86
  • Don't see your idea?

Virtual Machines

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base