Virtual Machines

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. There should be an option to connect to VM in browser so if host machine has restriction that user can still access on browser.

There should be an option to connect to VM in browser so if host machine has restriction that user can still access on browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Like we have Add-Azurermvmdatadisk, Can't we have Get-Azurermvmdatadisk for fetching details for the data disk

As of now I use get-azurermvm -resourcegroupname $vm.resourcegroupname -name $vm.name).StorageProfile).DataDisks

while searching CMDLET Get-Azurermvmdatadisk, seems that it was there before. Why this get removed?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. How to delete/update/modify a NAT rule in vmss ?

How to delete/update/modify a NAT rule in vmss ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable 'Run' context thru Visual Studio Code

One should be able to remotely get to an Azure VM's 'Run' context thru Visual Studio Code or Powershell ISE.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. VM's are too difficult to use on Azure.

Why do you make it so hard to use a VM? I should be able to click it from the Dashboard and get a remote desktop session. This is how Skytap works.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Managed disk snapshot governance should be integrated with Recovery services vault.

There are many applications that aren't VSS-aware. There are many Linux workloads like Openshift that are incompatible with Azure backup. However they are compatible with Managed disk snapshots ie. the application doesn't break when restored from snapshot but does when restored from Azure backup. The snapshot governance should be as granular and sophisticated as backup's

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Simplify VM creation

It has taken me an hour so far and I'm still not past enabling SSL. It is my contention that the whole VM creation process (currently a ton of powershell commands) could be replaced by a SINGLE power command like the following:

% createvm -type windows -features iis ssl sql dotnet

This command could prompt for credentials and names of various things. The current powershell commands with long MiXeDcAsE names are okay to copy/paste but why not pack more power into them and make it easy to type them and remember them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cannot believe that the DSVM for windows is not available for lebanon!!!

I am trying to set up a DSVM and it is giving me that the size option are not available for your location!!

this should be communicated before we set it up and add our cards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. How about restricting unauthorized administrative rights to peoples personal computers

Administrative remote access using powershell to gain full permissions on private network computer, using a virtual machine to restrict full capabilities on hardrive, a hardrive that was not anyone else's property, and forcing all data and management onto a virtual network that the user could not leave, is deplorable. It sounds expensive, too. Well, whoever they are, they won't get a dime from the person they had their thumb over. Also, I'm a novice at this stuff, but it's clear that, even if I don't have all the facts straight, I'm beginning to believe that I'm not entirely as unstable…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow a VM to be instantly turned off

At the moment, we cannot instantly Power Off a VM (ie "Pull the Plug").

Instead when you click STOP or run the Sop-AzureRMVm cmdlet, the VM goes through a clean shutdown..

This is fine, unless you have a "Production" machine that has, for example, locked up and needs an instant power off and reboot. (ie the equivalent of hitting a reset button or pulling the plug out of the wall)

it can take anywhere from 15 minute to 30 minutes to just power down a VM in Azure when all we want is to power cycle it to get it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. YOUR VM SPEED IS TOO SLOW AS EARLIER

VM SPEED IS NOT AS BETER AS EARLIER.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Convert Disk from Premim to Standar

Hello, I think it is a good idea to make a script available that is capable of changing the disk type of the virtual machines. I know there's a script to make change from a standard disc to premium, but not to the contrary.
    This will greatly facilitate the work when it is necessary to downgrade a machine, without having to recreate it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. boot order change

actually i have attached new disk to my existing vm which contains os i am trying to change the boot order is it possible to change the disk i want both the vhds in vm but i am trying to load my machine from the h/w-disk which i have attached

Thanks in advance

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Update about licence charge when the Virtual Machine size is decreased

Hi Team,

I have deployed a DS13_V2 Standard Virtual Machine (Window Server 2016 Datacenter SQL Server 2016 Enterprise) for some testing.

Later I changed the size of VM to Standard_B1 and kept in Running with an expectation that the VM will just cost me AUD 9.21.

The VM actually cost me AUD 9.21 but I incurred a licence fee AUD 1382. There was no message when I resize the VM. At least, Microsoft should have updated me that licence will be charged extra as I had a feeling that VM cost includes the licence cost.

@Microsoft: At least, update the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. IP public ETH0

I want to put my public IP in the ETH0 of my VM.

when I type IFCONFIG I have to see my external.

it's possible?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. suggestion Add options for Convert Apps with help Virtual Machine in other platform e.g Android

I want have an virtual machine in Other platform instance Android. I suggestion Add options for make Virtual Machine in other platform , like Options Blackberry for this work.
    Add Options tools to help convert Android apps to make them run in the Windows 10 OS. The tools shown below can help you verify that your apps are compatible with the Windows 10 platform, and they allow you to repackage your Android app's .apk file as a Windows 10 compatible , allows you to reach a brand new set of potential customers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Offer a VM for Server 2016 Essentials

I want to launch a new VM and set up Server 2016 Essentials (which is the preference because it's for a small business, and saves us dealing with CALs). However it seems you MUST set the server up on-premise first and move it to azure as a VHD. The only images available on azure are datacenter editions which are far too advanced for these requirements.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make SQL-Server VM work out of the box - SqlIaaSExtension.Service

As it is, the SqlIaaSExtension.Service is causing the VM to eventually fail due to memory-buildup. MS should deliver working software!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. To update this article "Step-by-Step: Remote Desktop Services on Windows Azure – A cost-effective alternative to Desktop as a Service"

To successfully connect to VM with RDS role using domain user you have to edit RDP file, that you downloaded from new portal . You have to change value for this option: "administrative session:i:" from "1" --> "0'
    This valuable information should be documented and updated to this 2013 articale (https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/keithmayer/2013/09/19/step-by-step-remote-desktop-services-on-windows-azure-a-cost-effective-alternative-to-desktop-as-a-service-part-2/) about RDS deployment in Azure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It would be nice to be able to select language when setting up Server 2012 Datacenter edition

It would be nice to be able to select language when setting up Server 2012 Datacenter edition

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Virtual Machines

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base