Virtual Machines

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let me run Windows10 UWP Apps (or code) in Azure

With Windows10 universal apps I can now run my code anywhere...except in Azure. I'd like to run that common code on a server in Azure as well.

My use case is this. I have some complex logic using Win2D and the new MediaComposition libraries that combines images, video, audio and other media into an output video. (By the way, it's too complex for Azure Media Services today.) In cases where my customers aren't on Windows 10 (or on a Windows device at all) I'd like to run that logic in Azure and let them download the results. I really don't…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Generate Power Shell Script instead of creating the VM

It would be useful to be able to go to through VM Wizard and instead of creating the VM at the end you had the option of generating a script to do the job.

In fact this would be a really useful feature for many of the portal wizards.

It would teach you Azure powershell as well as make your life easier by allowing you to quickly spin up environments.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Blobcache for A series

I want more performance of OS C:/Temp D:/Data drives to A series virtual machines.
    Blobcache of DS series work nice performance for OS C:/Temp D: and also non-premium storage's Data drive cache.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Support for Bug Related or System Related issues.

Notice that you cant leave a support ticket or support incident when you notice an issue with the service.

What is the best way to notify Microsoft of some type of negative experience with the service?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. windows 8.1 on virtual machine

windows 8.1 cannot show on microsoft azure

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Simplify the VM Login Procedure

I am successfully created the VM. But I Can't Connect to my VM through Remote Desktop using my credentials

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Customer & Sales Service

I am new to your service. I think you have great offerings, but the sales service is simply poor. For the past few days, I have tried but in vain to get through your sales/pre-sales department to get advise what Azure services will best suit my needs so i can purchase ( I am currently with digital ocena)

Can you point to the right direction please?

A point to note, that as someone new to Azure, it can be overwhelming to get started due to the sheer amount of information, and the lack of coordinated 1-stop shop help for your…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Clone production enviroment to azure msdn dev/test

With the recent announcement of the new EA and pay-as-you-go MSDN dev/test subscriptions for Azure, it would be great if we had the ability to clone our production enviroments into an MSDN dev/test subscription to ensure an identical enviroment for testing new releases. Of course something's would have to change (external ip) which the user should be prompted for if they can set it, or informed of if they can't

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. just a complaining

I've spent two days to prepare an exchange 2013 lab which including 3 VMs, but failed! It's extremely discouraged me!
    After I feel the lab was almost ready, one VM was unable to contact remotely by anyway. I had no idea.
    Then I re-created all VMs, but the long time of provisioning VM defeated utterly me again.
    I think I would forget Azure VMs. Hope you have a perfect future.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. its great service

i appericate this nice service thanks for it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Japanese resource of System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection to Gallary Image "Windows Server Remote Desktop Session Host"

I want to view the message in Japanese for System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection dialog at Azure Virtual Machine and at Azure RemoteApp collection by this image.
    I can add a Japanese language to Windows Server 2012 R2, and can change all Messages to Japanese except System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection's messages.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I need Windows 7 or 8.1 and visual studio professional on premium storage, BizSpark, West Europe

There are VM's with Server2012 and visual studio community, but I don't want a server as it is used only by a single developer (we also have problems with visual svn which we do not get on our local windows 7 machines).

There are also a lot of VM on premium storage, West europe that are exclusive to MSDN, but we can't use them through our BizSpark subscription (although we did sign up for MSDN through our BizSpark subscription)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Custom Attributes for Virtual Machines

Consider a set of custom attributes a Customer can maintain on a Virtual Machine object in Azure.
    Helpful for Automation, custom reporting, etc.
    Should be easy to implement, already known in VMM and would enable Migration Scenarios.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. CREATE TEST FRAMEWORK FOR IAAS TESTING

There is no Test framework today to test the IAAS hosting. All the automation testing is difficult when handling multiple subscriptions.
    Microsoft should release a framework for this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I can't create a website

It will not let me add a website...it says "url already taken" no matter what domain i put in

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Azure Website with GPU accelerated hardware (i.e. Tesla Series with CUDA)

I have website with CUDA rendering that uses Nvidia Tesla with TCC mode that can use CUDA device in Windows service. Please add such VM image for Azure?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Simple snapshot from a VM

A easy way to snapshot a VM and restore to that point.

It is important for tests

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. another way to copy VM image to another storage account

the storage account has a limit with storage I/O (20000) ,so we can't create too many VMs in one storage accouht. but we found if we deploy the VM with custom image we can't find a easy way to copy a image with data disk. we can only copy all VHD to another storage account and create new image from OSdisk .then create a vm and attach datadisk, at last, we need to recapture new image.

we think it should find a new way to copy the image instead of copy the VHD because the new VHD is just a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. There should be a way for DR on Servers hosted in Azure to Azure, so that we can make them up in minutes.

There should be a way for DR on Servers hosted in Azure to Azure, so that we can make them up in minutes.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide an hours notice for any Underlying Host reboot that isn't Automatic/service healing

For any underlying host reboots that happens on Azure there are always reboots that Azure can give prior notice about, it could be a hotfix you are applying to your host or you found an issue with the host and you need to reboot. If you gave us an hours notice instead of just rebooting hosts and in-turn VMs as and when you want, then we could have ramped up to 3 or more VMs to ensure we retained the high availability. The small increase in cost for this we are prepared for. We are not prepared for random (to…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Virtual Machines

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base