Scripting and Command Line Tools

Azure provides two command line tools – PowerShell and Cross-Platform CLI – for you to manage your Azure subscriptions, accelerate your development and automate tasks via scripting, no matter whether you are on Windows, Mac or Linux.

If you have any feedback on Azure PowerShell or Azure Cross-Platform CLI, we’d love to hear it.

1. Restoration of Databases from .bacpac file

There should such a runbook in azure which should be capable to restore a database from .bacpac file daily.
    Suppose someone has automated the backup(.bacpac) of a certain production database and he/she wants to restore the Production database on UAT database daily at a certain time.
    Runbook should also be capable to delete the UAT database and then restore with the same name.For example, database name is abc.UAT and it should be restored from abc.PROD database's .bacpac.
    Since, the URL of .bacpac will change daily so this runbook should be capable to accomodate the daily chaning URL of .bacpac file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Powershell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create multiple VM's simultaneously

Hello,

I am planning to prepare a power-shell script to create multiple VM's simultaneously. I have a CSV file where I will populate the data and import to the PowerShell scripts. Based on the details given in the CSV file powershell scripts will perform below actions-

Check RSG for Compute resource, if not available go ahead and create it.
    Check RSG for Storage account, if not available go ahead and create it.
    Check Storage account, if not available go ahead and create it.
    Check Availability Set, if not available go ahead and create it.
    Create Nic cards
    Create VMs.
    I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Powershell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. add the ability to use self-signed certificates for URL in CustomScriptExtension

I’m using the VM CustomScriptExtension with a URL that points back to our web server to collect the powershell script and command that we use to download and install our own custom software. Tthe extension is failing because of the self-signed certificate on the web server. The CustomScriptForLinux does not have the same issue; I’m able to install our software just fine on Linux.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Get-AzureStorageContainer does not support -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

If the object in the given context does not exist, Get-AzureStorageContainer triggers an exception instead of silently continue.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When creating a Opsinsight Workspace using powershell, the resource name cannot contain an underscore otherwise it will get stuck in a creat

I would like to report a bug.
    When creating a OpsInsight Workspace using powershell, the resource name cannot contain an underscore otherwise it will get stuck in a "creating" status.
    My workaround for this is to create a new Resource group without an underscore in the name and create the ops insight workspace in there. Then use the Move-Azureresource cmdlet to move it to the one I want with the underscore in the name.
    If things break when the RG has an underscore in it, then an RG should not allowed to have this character. Please fix.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Change ressource group of protected items with powershell (ARM)

Some actions in Azure Site Recovery vaults can only be made via the azure portal.
    It would be easier and more productive to be able to modify the ressource group associated to a protected item (a VM, in our case) via powershell, instead of clicking again and again for each of our replicated VMs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Invoke-Sqlcmd -Credential still only supports SQL user accounts v21.1.18080

Invoke-Sqlcmd has the -Credential Parameter which says it supports a PSCredential. In testing it does not work with windows accounts (domain or local) even though a PSCredential can store them and they work with other cmdlets. We should be able to use a single credential if it has rights to both the OS and Instance, the documentation is wrong or the implementation is wrong.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow subscription level deployments using the Azure Deployment Template

Would like to leverage the new commands of Add New-AzureRMDeploymen\az deployment to allow the deployment of resources at the subscription level in the Azure Deployment Template form. Currently the form only support Resource Group deployments. The main use case would be the creation of a Resource Group itself. Would like to be about to create a resource group, from a template, using the Azure Template as the interface as outline in this article:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/deploy-to-subscription

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Scripting and Command Line Tools

Categories