Scripting and Command Line Tools

Azure provides two command line tools – PowerShell and Cross-Platform CLI – for you to manage your Azure subscriptions, accelerate your development and automate tasks via scripting, no matter whether you are on Windows, Mac or Linux.

If you have any feedback on Azure PowerShell or Azure Cross-Platform CLI, we’d love to hear it.

1. Enable updating of ADO keyvault-linked variable groups via rest api

Currently if you try to update an ADO variable group via the REST API, if it is linked to KeyVault then a successful update will break that link and instead place new variables into the group. I'd like to be able to create a new secret in Key Vault then add it to a new or existing variable group linked to that keyvault without having to fall back on using the ADO portal GUI.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Powershell from approved IP addresses

Wanted to see an IP whitelist for Powershell activities into my environment. The only external IPs that are allowed to run Powershell in my environment would need to be part of this whitelist.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Powershell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove one hour timeout from PowerShell sessions when connected using MFA with trusted IPs

According to this page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/exchange/exchange-online/connect-to-exchange-online-powershell/mfa-connect-to-exchange-online-powershell?view=exchange-ps

There is a note stating that there is a one hour timeout for PowerShell sessions using MFA and in order to avoid this issue, configure trusted IPs in the MFA settings in Azure Active Directory.

I configured trusted IPs in our MFA setup and continue to experience session timeouts after 1 hour. Opening up a support ticket with Microsoft confirmed this is an ongoing issue requiring the attention of support engineers to resolve.

Please fix this issue so we can run PowerShell queries and scripts which require more than one hour to complete.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. azure CLI does not properly give you the error feedback.

Azure CLI does not properly give you the error feedback. To get the error that is occurring you need to go to the portal and get into the Kudu tool and check it there

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Xplat-CLI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Timestamp on Shell interfaces

When running various commands etc, it would be useful to have a timestamp on the shell, to understand, from a shell view perspective, how long certain commands are taking to run.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. azure cli available IPs of subnet

Currently we can retrieve total available IPs of Vnet subnet(s) from Portal UI. But there is no way to get the same from Asure CLI. Suggest to add this function in AZ CLI similar to the following:

az network vnet subnet show

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New-AzureRmIntegrationAccountMap more mapTypes

I am deploying maps using New-AzureRmIntegrationAccountMap.

I want to deploy Xslt20, Xslt30 and Liquid with powershell.

When do you plan to add more mapTypes?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Az Support for Loading SSL from KeyVault

The new Az Module lacks support for the CustomDomainHttpsParameters so I can load an SSL certificate from the KeyVault. As it stands now, I have to first use the Az Module to see if the cert exists then hit the management REST API from code. That's not desirable.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Powershell  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Azure CLI and PS history

Enable Azure CLI and PS command history when launching from Azure Portal.

It would be great if we could use history by using up/down arrows when connecting with Azure CLI/PS using a new session/new command prompt from within Azure portal.

It was default for PS and saved me a lot of work.

Secondary Azure CLI installed on client pc does not offer history as well. info: used the default installer package (msi) from: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cli/azure/install-azure-cli-windows?view=azure-cli-latest

3rd. I do not see all traffic manager profiles when using ps - only CLI does. This is too bad that MS move away from Azure…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. AudioConfig.FromDefaultSpeakerOutput() does not work

I have a simple project, where I try to use my speaker output instead of my microphone for speech recognition, but when I use AudioConfig.FromDefaultSpeakerOutput() in my SpeechRecognizer, it still uses my default microphone.

Additionally, the documentation for this method is missing:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/microsoft.cognitiveservices.speech.audio.audioconfig?view=azure-dotnet

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. upgrade MSBuild from 14to15 onkudu as compatibility with C#7 version so could you upgrade to 15 because industry using MSBuild 15 as for C#

we need MSBuild version 15 on kudu as compatibility with C#7 version so could you upgrade to 15 because industry using MSBuild 15 as for C#

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. AZ mesh is not found

az: 'mesh' is not in the 'az' command group. See 'az --help'. this is what we get when enter this command on AZ Cli on terminal.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ImportError: No module named 'azure'

ImportError: No module named 'azure'

why does this happen?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow tagging of all eligible resources via Powershell

Currently, there are several types of resources that cannot be tagged via Powershell, for example, OperationsManagement/solutions. It is very tedious to have to use both Powershell and Command Line to input tags when the rest of a resource group can be tagged simply by scripting tag application down from the RG level.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Powershell Cmd to List All Alert Rules of Subscription

Hi,

In our environment we are trying to stop all alert rules on non-business hours. Since monitor section does not have any maintenance window, we are trying to create powershell using get all the alert rule and disable it. Please allow us to enable\disable all Alert rule(Activity\Metric\Log Analytics Query) using pwershell cmd.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Invoke-Sqlcmd -Credential still only supports SQL user accounts v21.1.18080

Invoke-Sqlcmd has the -Credential Parameter which says it supports a PSCredential. In testing it does not work with windows accounts (domain or local) even though a PSCredential can store them and they work with other cmdlets. We should be able to use a single credential if it has rights to both the OS and Instance, the documentation is wrong or the implementation is wrong.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Powershell or API ability to add\remove to favorites bar on Azure portal

The list of Azure services in the favorites bar on the left - would love to have a way of adding\removing this or creating a template that I can use when I have to manage a tenant. At the moment, as we are a CSP, each time a new tenant is added, I have to customize the favorites bar to my liking. I'd like to be able to automate this if possible,

Thanks
    Shaun

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Azure SDK for PHP - Support for CLI (az) - az vm create \

Do you have plans to add CLI (az) support to Azure SDK for PHP? I am looking to start/stop/create an Azure VM via PHP code.

I can do the same today via CLI (az) - az vm create \

Regards Graham

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow subscription level deployments using the Azure Deployment Template

Would like to leverage the new commands of Add New-AzureRMDeploymen\az deployment to allow the deployment of resources at the subscription level in the Azure Deployment Template form. Currently the form only support Resource Group deployments. The main use case would be the creation of a Resource Group itself. Would like to be about to create a resource group, from a template, using the Azure Template as the interface as outline in this article:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/azure-resource-manager/deploy-to-subscription

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. block "azure cli"

Provide functionality or feature may be through Azure CAP to block AZ CLI access for normal users, as a Security best practice.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

Scripting and Command Line Tools

Categories