Enhance the EA Azure Marketplace configuration (Enable / Disable at the EA level is not enough)
Currently the only option related to Azure Marketplace is a binary one: on or off at the EA Level. It is really complicated to manage costs and usage when Marketplace is on. With several accounts and subscriptions under the same umbrella, an account owner or service administrator can end up deploying Marketplace items that are not covered by the Monetary Commitment. Worse: EA administrator will only know this after the fact, usually with a new surprise invoice. Please add the possibility to better control the EA Marketplace. A few suggestions, not necessarily related:
- Allow the option to Enable/Disable the marketplace at the Subscription Level (preferred) or at the Account Level (Plan B)
- Inside a subscription, create an easy to configure ARM policy to restrict users from deploying items not covered by the Monetary Commitment
- Increase clarity (red warnings and things like that) when a Marketplace item is about to be deployed
- Create the possibility of an approval workflow to deploy Marketplace items. For example, Azure portal user could request a token to the EA Administrator and use this token to authorize one single Marketplace deployment
- Allow Marketplace items to be deducted from the Monetary Commitment even if it means an extra processing fee from Microsoft
- Allow EA Admin to filter which items can be deployed from the Marketplace. Something similar to what is available today using DevTest Labs.
Hi folks wanting to find out if anyone has had a 'break through' with enforcing the restrictions to other apps/services on the marketplace?
A must have - It should be MS desire so organization will enable and have control over the market place.
Hi guys, is there any option to e.g. limit the deployment from Azure Marketplace only to single a single subscription within the EA?
Hicham KADIRI commented
Totally agree !
Hope that MS Az Team make an improvement and introduce a new way to apply some restrictions : restrict access to Az Marketplace to specific users.
All my customers are waiting for that.