How can we improve the Microsoft Azure Marketplace?

Why is 2016 Server Core not on offered on the Marketplace?

I am trying to deploy server 2016 Core but it is not currently available on the market place. Want to avoid having to create a custom image and uploading it.

73 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Yury commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft is pushing Azure utilization and Win 2016 on x0 Size instances is just awful :) Guys please don`t force us to upload our core image it does not worth it. Or I just spin up one more Linux instead in my lab )

• Gregg Dolby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a ridiculous omission. As mentioned below, microsoft is pushing Server Core as the default standard for 2016... but I can't spin one up in Azure?

• Marco Crank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? Very sad news to say the least. Beating my head against the wall wondering why this is not released yet or from the get go as it should have been. Pushing Server Core and Nano has been a big thing and you even took away the option to turn it to Core from the WindowsFeature... Some good things coming from M$ as of late and then you run into things like this that just make you go hmmmm.

• Argon.pro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Current Azure implementation does not have Core image of Windows Server 2016, only Full and Nano.

Unfortunately, WS2016 does not allow to convert Full installation into Core, as WS2012R2 allowed.

Many of my customers and myself have a standard to use Core installation for some deployment scenario.

Now this scenario is not possible using Azure provided server images.

Feedback and Knowledge Base