Azure Marketplace

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a tool-tip to explain what a Shared core is in the Marketplace Virtual Machine creation process.

Add a tool-tip to explain what a Shared core is in the Marketplace Virtual Machine creation process.

When I first created a virtual machine in Marketplace, I left this at $0.00 and as a result buyers would get a message that said (something like) "Starting at Free, and then free." To change this, I learned I needed to put a price greater than zero in the "Shared" core pricing, but there is nothing to explain what "Shared" means. So I submitted a support ticket and received a good explanation. I recommend adding a tool-tip here for others. See attached.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Service Configuration and Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Implement Basic Authentication for lead passing HTTPS endpoint

We are trying to pass leads using the HTTPS endpoint option and have no way that we can tell to leverage Basic authentication (which our API endpoint requires). I tried putting the credentials (username:password) in plaintext in the HTTPS URL field in the Commercial Marketplace, and that too didn't work. I can't tell without logs if the Microsoft system is sending this information in the header (like it should) or if it's just stripping it out and trying unauthenticated, which will surely fail. Linux curl (which is what our development team uses to test the endpoint) appears to function as…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. to get the notification email at offer level.

The Engineering contact in the offer setting is used for only certification failure or vulnerability reports of the offer.

Automated publishing email notifications are sent to the email address under Developer settings.

It is not a good design. Please help to consider enhance it.

1. the "developer setting" is the global settings for a big organization.

2. Under a organization, we have multiple offers for different products which are owned by different teams.

3. The publish of an offer, the notification email should come to different teams.

4. without the timely publish notification email, it will delay the publish and somethings we will miss…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Provide an API to download Marketplace usage data. Currently I have to manually login to

Provide an API to generate/download marketplace usage reports. Currently, I need to manually login to get these. https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/dashboard/commercial-marketplace/analytics/usage

Both AWS and GCP allow me to generate similar reports on-demand and download the results from storage buckets, so our internal reporting process is fully automated. Azure stands out as one, needing a manual intervention to update stats.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Provide an API to download Marketplace usage data. Currently I have to manually login to

Provide an API to generate/download marketplace usage reports. Currently, I need to manually login to get these. https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/dashboard/commercial-marketplace/analytics/usage

Both AWS and GCP allow me to generate similar reports on-demand and download the results from storage buckets, so our internal reporting process is fully automated. Azure stands out as one, needing a manual intervention to update stats.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide an API to download Marketplace usage data. Currently I have to manually login to

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please process my unprocessed earnings to my account

My earnings has been in unprocessed status since 2015 and i would like it to get processed to my account as its been long time .
    I have attached the required documents for your reference.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Billing Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. increase VHD version field

Friction Point: The VHD version number limitation does not provide adequate fields as well as not supporting the use of alphanumeric instead of just numeric.

i.e. From: #.#.# to ...

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dashboard Customer Count Misleading

The “Total Customers Count” top left in your Partner dash is NOT really an accurate label.

The second data set further down the dash called “Customers’ Detailed Data” is the ACTUAL number of customers.

Strongly suggest you rename "Total Customers Count” to Total Instance Count" and then rename “Customers’ Detailed Data” to "Total Customer Count".

That would be accurate since a CUSTOMER can have more than one PAID INSTANCE.

My suspicion is that Azure1 is INSTANCES and NOT CUSTOMERS (which means the title is a misnomer), and that the Customers’ Detailed Data is the TRUE customer count(since I can see…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. بنك الأهلي التجاري

مؤسسة النقد العربي السعودي

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Ecosystem  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Azure MarketPlace to be either enabled for a select few logins, or enabled for a few specific product families, such as Microsoft.*

Today, you can only enable or disable the entire Azure Marketplace. To allow teams within the same Enrollment to only install Microsoft products, allow our account admins to allow installation of Microsoft. path products, or <vendorname>. products. Another option is to allow specific people to treat the Azure Marketplace as open while it treats all other users as Marketplace closed. This allows our Vendor Management team to negotiate contracts that supersede click-through agreements while still allowing us to control Marketplace purchases. Today, if someone installs a product during the window in which the Marketplace is open, that's pretty bad.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Remove Plan tab from 'Contact Me' offers

Contact Me offer cannot be purchased by definition, and the creation experience does not include the ability to define a Plan. Yet the posted listing include the Plan tab, which just reproduces the offer Description, which can be truncated if it is past a certain length. This looks unprofessional.

The tab should be removed from the listing.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Reinstate same vm_name after 'ResourcePurchaseCanceling'

how long it took to refresh building marketplace image with same hostname.

The resource 'virtualmachine' with the id 'Microsoft.Compute/virtualMachines/virtualmachine' has a previous order being canceled. Please try after some time or create resource with different name.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Configuration and Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Extend the categories of Azure Market Place - add DR and BC

Please extend the categories on the azure market place and add DR for Disaster Recovery solutions as well as BC for Business Continuity
    It is definitely missing to describe the products

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Document Upgrade for Virtual Machine Offer while selecting base images

Hi teams,
    I tried to publish a Virtual Machine offer using a Microsoft image from azure marketplace. But when I submitted the offer, it was rejected on the basis that the base image used is not approved by Microsoft although I cross verified and the publisher was Microsoft and the image was properly categorized.

I was given a document link to use the listed images, but the document seemed to old to me as it was last edited in 2018, and out of the 6 links provided in document only 3 were being redirected to marketplace.

As i faced quite…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add a mandatory checkbox to comply with GDPR

Currently, Microsoft shares customer info with partners when they press 'contact me' in the marketplace.

In order to be compliant with GDPR, the EU contact must actively provide their consent (usually done by ticking a checkbox with our opt in verbiage).

Any contact processed without consent exposes Microsoft to receive fines.

Adding an idea here asks me to check the box. So add it there too ;)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base