SDK and Tools

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ADAL support for Certificate Authentication X.509 in WebView

Please add support for Certificate Based Authentication for WebView in the ADAL SDK.

Currently this also cause issues for the Microsoft Office Apps on iOS and Android...

Se more information here:
    https://github.com/AzureAD/azure-activedirectory-library-for-objc/issues/293

Please get the vote up!

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide more information of breaking changes and changelog.

When cx upgrade modules which provided by Microsoft, they need to do a test. First they plan which test case they should do but there is not enough information to decide this.

Our feedback is....

1. Could you provide information of backward and downward compatibility?

2. Could you provide impacted method and property list when cx upgrade modules from previous version?

3. Could you provide migration information from ASM to ARM?

It is very important information to decide how to do a test.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Compute Emulator: Allow multiple running emulated deployments to use the same port number

When debugging co-dependent deployments side by side, those deployments cannot use the same port number even though the deployments run on different IP addresses. This forces the developer to use non standard ports on at least one deployment, which when deployed for real causes issues with corporate firewalls blocking access to those ports.

see also https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/36224e19-091b-4c61-9b9e-28f0b2e34952/issue-debugging-on-emulator-two-deployments-when-they-both-have-port-443-defined-as-an-endpoint?forum=windowsazuredevelopment

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/30402721/how-to-debug-two-emulated-azure-deployments-side-by-side

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. CosmosDB mocking support for IDocumentClient is extremely poor

I found it is borderline impossible to mock IDocumentClient (CosmosDB) due to the inconsistent implementation of interfaces.

Simple example: IDocumentClient is defined. This is good. IFeedResponse, IResourceResponse are defined. This is good. IDocumentClient returns FeedResponse and ResourceResponse instead of IFeedResponse and IResourceResponse. This is bad. The properties from the concrete implementations that I need to mock are all read-only, so this stymied all my efforts to write any unit tests whatsoever for my storage layer code in my latest project.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Create an official Azure SDK for Unity3d

There are various open and closed source plug-ins to integrate Azure with Unity 3d, but these are of variable quality. Microsoft have been pushing hard for game developers to adopt their platforms and services and an official Unity3d plug-in for Azure (a wrapper around the different platform specific SDKs would probably be best) would help a lot in encouraging game developers to use Azure for their services.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Azure SharePoint Online Migration Powershell - Add Delta Copy Function

Add delta copy capability to Azure SharePoint Online Migration Powershell.

The current SharePoint Online Managament Powershell cmdlets allow great migration speed via Azure to SharePoint Online. namely

New-SPOMigrationPackage
    ConvertTo-SPOMigrationTargetedPackage
    Set-SPOMigrationPackageAzureSource
    Submit-SPOMigrationJob

The glaring oversight is that once a migration is performed one cannot perform a delta migration of files that have been modified since the original migration. The cmdlets will only migrate new files and will not migrate existing files with modified dates later than the original.

HUGE oversight as the migration has to be performed from scratch again after deleting the SharePoint files completely.

Please add this functionality!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Common APIs between Windows Phone and Windows 8

Having two SDKs w/ different interfaces causes lots of unnecessary headache when trying to develop for Windows Phone and Windows 8. AMS is a good example of this. The method signature differences certainly seem unnecessary since both platforms go against .Net 4.5 now. Please release these SDKs w/ a common API so that identical code can be written for each platform!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Brady Gaster responded

In addition, the ADX team has started an effort to unify our client SDK story. Our recent release of the Windows Azure Management Libraries makes use of a pre-release SDK common underpinning. This has been released as a NuGet package here. You’ll notice this has been released as a PCL. Though this will expose the core SDK common functionality to any PCL-compliant platform, there are a few caveats on which we’re working, specifically around authentication. Since RT and Windows Phone 8 have no support for the X509Certificate2 class, which the Common package uses, we’re in the process of rolling a credential that supports the AAD authentication paradigm. We’re in the process of working on this, and I’ll use this forum to provide updates. Here’s the Common NuGet package ADX is using throughout the management libraries, and that we plan on using in other areas where appropriate: http://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Common

8. re-Open source Azure storage explorer again

Although the storageexplorer.com site is nice and light weight and it's great how often the app is being updated. There isn't a clear mechanism to provide feedback.

It would be great to more clearly deprecate the codeplex site and project deco on github and open source the latest app.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. C++ SDK

Please, create a C++ SDK for any platform (or at least a C++/CX SDK for Windows 10 UWP Apps)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Incorrect max size for int64 in Azure Storage Explorer

Part of the validation for int64 calls isSafeInteger which has a max size of 9007199254740991 there is additional validation to check against the correct 9223372036854775807 but it's superseded by the isSafeInteger.

I wasn't sure if this was the best place for this bug (I've put a separate item of feedback for it being nice if this was open source again).

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Append blob operation want to supported by Azure Storage emulator.

We use Azure storage emulator for developing some software .

But we can't emulate Append Blob on Azure Storage emulator.

( I know Append blob emulation supported by REST API. )

If the emulator support Append blob , we can easily develop software for Append Blob.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Single installer for the entire Azure SDK

When downloading Azure SDK offline the download button takes me to a list of files that are not very descriptive. I end up downloading and installing all of them as I don't want to waste time working out if I need all of them.

An example is Azure SDK 2.9.

It would be nice if I could download an offline installer with the entire Azure SDK libraries and tools in one bundle or if there could be further information as to what each of those files is for and in cases of I just want latest SDK a download and…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fail the build if the Azure SDK version is not compatible with OS Family

When attempting to publish a cloud service via Visual Studio (2015) the deployment only errors out after the package is uploaded.

Sample error message: "The SDK package you are trying to deploy is not supported by the operating system you have chosen."

It would be nice if the VS publish process could check this at compile time.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Development certificates do not have a Subject Alternative Name

Certificates for development (localhost) do not have a subject alternative name extension. Latest versions of Google Chrome require this to display pages without security warnings.

Additionally, makecert doesn't allow to create self-signed certificates with a SAN.

Please add a SAN to localhost and 127.0.0.1 when installing dev certificates for the Azure SDK.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make Azure Fluent API more lightweight.

Right now the entry point for Azure Fluent API requires dependency on all fluent libraries which is a lot of dependency. It should allow us to have the Azure entry point without all other fluent libraries.

An example of this is, I'm working with ARM and Storage Accounts. ARM's current non fluent .NET library is in Preview so I'm required to used fluent and fluent essentially forces me to include all SDK components which becomes pretty heavy.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Azure SDK/Depoloyment bug - around Resource file (localization)

There needs to be a description of Best Practices for Localization of Azure Solutions.

We built a solution that has WebWorker with both JScript client side code and Server side code. In one case we need to send an email alert from the server side and in other cases the JScript side needs to display text to the user

A standard practice for traditional web apps is to put all of the strings in a resource file. That way I can hand off the file for translation, without having to go searching for the strings everywhere.

But this causes a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. BUG: CosmosDB BulkExecutor BulkImport api starts import with 1 second delay

Whenever I want to import documents with the BulkImport library on CosmosDB, the actual import starts after 1 second.
    If i want to import 100 documents, it will take like 1010 ms, when it should be just 10 ms.
    The reason for the delay is Task.Delay(***) code in the Microsoft.Azure.CosmosDB.BulkExecutor.CongestionController class.
    Can it be removed, or at least, can we have an option to disable this behavior?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Need more thorough documentation on Azure Libraries for Java authentication methods

The Azure Libraries for Java documentation should be enhanced to address all authentication methods, including use of the DelegatedTokenCredentials class.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Inconsistencies accross API implementations for different Azure providers

In the Azure SDK for Java, the API implementation for different services (compute, resources, network, etc.) is inconsistent.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Exclude 32-bit files from .cspkg

With SDK 2.9 whenever I "package" my cloud service I get a .cspkg file which is a ZIP archive containing a .cssx file. The latter is also a ZIP archive which contains "base" folder with a "x86" subfrolder which contains a number of platform executables. Those x86 executables are useless because only 64-bit processes are usually run and the x86 files only inflate the package.

They should not get into the package.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

SDK and Tools