How can we improve the Azure SDK and Tools?

Allow the ability to add files "as link" into Role Content folders

I can't add a file 'as a link' to the role content folder of a Worker or Web role project. The drop down option, seen in this Stack Overflow answer, is not available:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13562875/azure-can-i-copy-to-output-directory-a-file-that-doesnt-reside-in-my-solution/13563821#13563821

Right now, we have configuration files that are needed to by a startup task (defined in ServiceDefinition.csdef) , that need to be included in all of our worker role solutions. Without being able to add that file as a link, we have separate copies of that same file across all of our worker role solutions, making these configuration files difficult to update. (Instead of updating one copy of the files, we have to update every copy of these files across every worker role project)

(I contacted Azure support about this, they confirmed this functionality is not currently available in any version of Visual Studio, and suggested I make this request)

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Robert Abraham shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...