SDK and Tools

1. Deploy-AzureResourceGroup.ps1 slow to upload artifacts

The Azure Resource Group project no longer uses AzCopy to upload artifacts to a storage blob container, but uses Set-AzureStorageBlobContent which is much much slower!

This has a big impact as we have many linked templates and may web deploy packages to upload.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Tools for Visual Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks, Anthony – we’ll take a look at options here. Our preference is not to put AZCopy back into all projects (though you could easily add in the interim) but to try to make the cmdlets faster – open to your thoughts on that…

2. Paged result access for all resources in Azure SDK for Java

The OperationResponse class provides functions (getNextLink()) to retrieve the next page of results if the number of those exceeds a threshold. However, only implementations of VirtualMachineOperations and ResourceGroupOperations could perform this kind of operation (with listNextLink()). I don't see this function or its equivalent on other kinds of resources. Could you please confirm and fix that?
    Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Java  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Azure Sync Framework Services

I would like there to cloud service synchronization database With support for Sync Framework.

This new service will be called something like: Azure Sync Services.

Especially for synchronization of n-layers.

A service with full support for Sync Framework, would be accessed through a edpoint as well as currently operating Azure Mobile Services .

In this case, this new service will serve to work with the current Sync Framework or even could have its own API for clients.

It could work with different data sources, not only with SQL Server. Fully integrated to work with data from the cloud.

I think…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please allow users to select default subscription when they login

Powershell randomly select azure subscription. We should allow user to select default subscription and powershell shall always use this

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. BugFix: ARM Deployment project deployment.targets sets ArtifactStagingDirectory to null

There seems to be a minor bug in the Deployment.targets file in Azure Resource Group deployment projects (VS 2015 in my case). When we upgraded our TFS servers to TFS 2015, the staging folders created during the builds disappeared from the drop folder. When we looked for them, we found they were getting copied to the root of the C: drive on the build agents.

The bug is in the _CalculateArtifactStagingDirectory target in the deployment.targets file (line 89 in my case).

This line:
    <artifactstagingdirectory condition=" '$(TFBuild)' == 'True' ">$(BuildStagingDirectory)</artifactstagingdirectory>

Should read:
    <artifactstagingdirectory condition=" '$(BuildStagingDirectory)' != '' AND

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  .NET  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. C++ SDK

Please, create a C++ SDK for any platform (or at least a C++/CX SDK for Windows 10 UWP Apps)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Use NuGet to add ARM templates and supporting artifacts to a Visual Studio Azure Resource Group Project

You may have several "Azure Resource Group” projects in Visual Studio 2015 that use DSC, Linux Scripts and other artifacts. In the case of DSC, some depend on modules in the PowerShell Gallery (which is based on NuGet).

It would be advantages if I could use NuGet to add those modules to my project and have Visual Studio 2015 package them as part of “dsc.zip" when building or deploying the resource group.

There are additional benefits if the project type supported NuGet Packages, including a better mechanism to share ARM templates between projects (just imagine having an ARM Template Gallery…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tools for Visual Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Azure not authenticating Visual Studio 2013 Update 5

I am using Visual Studio 2013 and was authenticating fine to my Azure subscription until I installed Update 5 for Visual Studio 2013 and the Azure SDK and Tools. Now when trying to do anything to connect to Azure, after entering credentials nothing happens.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix bug which prevents publishing console app to a file

When I attempt to publish a Console app to a file, I get this error:

1>------ Build started: Project: DockerTest, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
    1>
    1> Build succeeded.
    1> 0 Warning(s).
    1> 0 Error(s).
    1>
    1> Time elapsed 00:00:00.0120036
    1>
    2>------ Publish started: Project: DockerTest, Configuration: Release Any CPU ------
    Connecting to C:\Docker\DockerTest\src\DockerTest....\artifacts\bin\DockerTest\Release\PublishOutput...
    rmdir /S /Q "C:\Users\stolmie\AppData\Local\Temp\PublishTemp\DockerTest52&quot;
    Environment variables:
    Path=.\node_modules.bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Web Tools\External;%PATH%;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Web Tools\External\git
    C:\Users\stolmie.dnx\runtimes\dnx-clr-win-x86.1.0.0-rc1-update1\bin\dnu.cmd publish "C:\Docker\DockerTest\src\DockerTest" --out "C:\Users\stolmie\AppData\Local\Temp\PublishTemp\DockerTest52" --configuration Release --runtime dnx-coreclr-win-x64.1.0.0-rc1-update1 --quiet
    Microsoft .NET Development Utility Clr-x86-1.0.0-rc1-16231
    Copying to output path C:\Users\stolmie\AppData\Local\Temp\PublishTemp\DockerTest52
    Time elapsed 00:00:01.5757964
    C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v14.0\Web\Microsoft.DNX.Publishing.targets(386,5): Error…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Tools for Visual Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve Java SDK Documentation

The documentation for the Java SDK is too sparse. Sure there are the JavaDocs, but we need more "real-life" examples ... for example, how to use Key Vault, how to Authenticate .....

The examples that are there are not really sufficiently detailed and don't really give any explanations aside from sample code.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make Persistence Channel available for Java

The PersistenceChannel should be made available in the Java SDK as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create a full featured Azure SDK for PHP

It doesn't look like the notification hub is in the Azure SDK for PHP. Also, the PHP code samples only cover how to send notifications not how to register devices.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Multiple csdef file for cloud service project

While packaging or publishing the cloud service project from Visual Studio I have option to choose different service config files.

I would be nice if I can define multiple csdef files and choose one of them while creating the package.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. feature parity for azure SDK in other languages like python and java

in order for azure to compete with aws and attract more customers, support for languages outside of microsoft stack is very important. For example, a ton of companies uses java and python. Azure has a great features, but the SDKs for these languages are severely lacking compared to the .net one. For example, it is not possible to use python to manage hdinsight and submit map/reduce jobs written in python to the clusters. why you want this features? you can develop a python script and do "test-job.py --run" and this command will spin up a hdinsight cluster, run the job,…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. BUG: Debugging deployment slots from Cloud Explorer/Azure SDK

I can debug the main web app, but attempting to debug any of its deployment slots fails with the following error:

"Action is not supported in your current Azure SDK version"

I'm running Win10 x64 Enterprise, VS 2015 Enterprise and Azure SDK 2.7.1, with all updates to my knowledge.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Tools for Visual Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. make python and/or node.js as first class citizens in SDK just like .Net.

That means APIs for data factory, HDinsight, stream analytics, and all of azure services. A lot of people coming from a unix/open source background are not familiar with .net and would like to use python or javascript

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Expose Swagger definitions for Azure Service Management API so consumers can

Expose Swagger v2 definitions for Azure Service Management API so api consumers can use various tools for their platforms to generate proxy classes for API calls.
    As an example - I'd like to be able to generate proxy classes to call Azure Management API for .NET using AutoRest tool, and re-generate it in case API was changed or new endpoints were added.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Support PS Cmdlets in Azure Web Apps

Would be nice to run PowerShell Cmdlets in Azure Web Apps

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  .NET  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Publish-AzureWebsiteProject

I experience an error issue with the PowerShell Azure Publish-AzureWebsiteProject. When I have somes webjobs under the website the command fail with "CloseError : (:) [Publish-AzureWebsiteProject], DeploymentException"

It seem the command Publish-AzureWebsiteProject try to clean app_data on the IIS server and this is causing the issue.

Maybe correct the problem or add an option to skip the cleaning of the AppData.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Automatically start up Azure development storage in Visual Studio

Too many times have I run a project only to find that I forgot to start up the Azure dev storage. This should be done automatically.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

SDK and Tools

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base