SDK and Tools

1. Allow listing all subscription under a tenant

In Microsoft.Azure.Management.Fluent library, user should be able to list all subscription.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. support zooming in TSI2 Javascript SDK

Time Series JavaScript library supports various interesting capability. One of the undocumented ones is zooming in charts like it is provided in the TSI 1 and 2 azure platform service.
    To enhance the user experience in embedded szenarios it would be great if zooming in the client side SDK is supported (and doucmented).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/time-series-insights/tutorial-explore-js-client-lib

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Java  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. kaushalp@outlook.com

In Azure toolkit for eclipse, the UI doesn't allow to select/deselect all the subscriptions that are enumerated. It is a pain to manually uncheck everything and then select the subscription that I need to work with.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. AzureServiceTokenProvider

MSI is a great feature, in .Net using MSI is simple via AzureServiceTokenProvider it would make life much easier if there was a direct equivalent in the Java SDK. I do realise you can do MSI from Java but a few hoops to jump through to make code transparent between on-prem development and running in the cloud.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Java  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make it easier for people to remove azure toolkit from eclipse

I have removed all things azure from eclipse, azure just didn't work for my project. Still, when eclipse loads I get the message, 'loading azure core' and I can't seem to find a way to eliminate it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Developer EVERYWHERE

Ok, me again.. I keep saying that I thought I was hacked but turns out I’m a moron. Anyway, so while in the throws of this awful time in my technological life, I was thinking of trying to level the playing field against my would be hackers and seriously considered some coding what not. It is all good unless whoever is above you on your org chart is not with it. My point is, I have signed up for developer account to with ALOT OF SOFTWARE COMPANIES, I can barely develop the courage to even look at code anymore so…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Clarify Cloud Explorer vs Server Explorer in Visual Studio

The confusion between whether I should look at Cloud Explorer vs. Server Explorer for a given resource (or even for a given operation for a given resource) is difficult to reconcile. Either move all Azure components into Cloud Explorer or move them all into Server Explorer.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tools for Visual Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. No Azure option in WebApp menu

I am working through the 'Create your first Java web app in Azure' document and when trying to publish the 'Hello Azure!' text in Project Explorer, I right-click on 'MyFirstJavaOnAzureWebApp,' I do not see the 'Azure' selection. There is nothing between 'Java EE Tools' and 'Team.'
    Could you let me know what I need to do to fix this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Tools for Visual Studio  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 'ExceptionTelemetry.HandledAt' is obsolete

it would be nice to have an example on how to change this.

when I compile some code that is using ExceptionTelementry.HandledAt I get the following compiler warning:

'ExceptionTelemetry.HandledAt' is obsolete: 'Use custom properties to report exception handling layer'

but I haven't found any examples for using "custom properties to report exception handling"

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  .NET  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  .NET  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please add required permissions to documentation of any API

Very frustrating to have to search for proper permissions

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Azure CLI no longer returns proper return code values

Azure CLI no longer returns proper return code values on exit, breaking existing devops scripting relying on this (from previous Azure CLI versions). Azure CLI to should return proper return code values in keeping with prior versions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Python  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Need more thorough documentation on Azure Libraries for Java authentication methods

The Azure Libraries for Java documentation should be enhanced to address all authentication methods, including use of the DelegatedTokenCredentials class.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support Java >=9 at Azure App Service

It's a little disappointing to only be able to target Java 7 & 8 runtime with the provided app service containers. Java 9 and 10 are both GA, 9 more than a year ago now.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Java  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Azure SDK for GO should support DataDisk encryption

Currently, no option is available to create managed encrypted disks while creating encrypted managed volumes using the component "Storagedatadisk" from "azurerm virtual machine". The option for creating managed encrypted disks should be made available.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. There's no minimum .Netframework set

The nuget will happily install on any previous .NetFramework version 4.6 and below.

This should have a minimum framework requirement set like other nuget packages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Azure tookit for Eclipse and IntelliJ should be be deployed as API App instead of Web App

We are developing a Spring boot Java API that needs to be published to Azure as a Azure API App. However the Azure toolkit is creating a Azure Web App on the Portal. It is not recognizing any Azure API App sites on the App Plan. Since we have a separate Node.js client as a Web App, we need to publish the Sprint boot API as a Azure API App and manage it through the API Gateway/Traffic manager to create a separation of concerns/improved scalability. Please let us know if this option will be available.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Azure tookit for Eclipse and IntelliJ not supporting Deployment slots

We are trying to publish a Spring Boot Java API to Azure as an Azure API App without containerizing the code. The Deployment slots options is not available and it is forcing us to deploy to the Root of the Azure Web App

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Java  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Python  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. BUG: CosmosDB BulkExecutor BulkImport api starts import with 1 second delay

Whenever I want to import documents with the BulkImport library on CosmosDB, the actual import starts after 1 second.
    If i want to import 100 documents, it will take like 1010 ms, when it should be just 10 ms.
    The reason for the delay is Task.Delay(***) code in the Microsoft.Azure.CosmosDB.BulkExecutor.CongestionController class.
    Can it be removed, or at least, can we have an option to disable this behavior?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

SDK and Tools

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base