Signup and Billing

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. i was charged rs 2.00 and it says "There was a problem with your submission. Please retry and contact support if the issue persists."

while trying for free subscription and no chat support is there the dailog box appears empty

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it easier to move subscriptions between Admin Accounts in EA portal

The EA management portal is very archaic and confusing.

There needs to be a way to move subscriptions between different accounts because what inevitably happens is as users start testing Azure using their LIVE accounts, and then move to an EA, there are subscriptions that IT depts want to move to real Org accounts. We don't like accounts linked to personal LIVE accounts.

The fact that a user could have a LIVE account and an ORG account with the same login ID is totally confusing.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for the delay in response. The Azure billing team was recently reorganized with a renewed focus on building the billing experiences customers expect from us. The new team is excited to re-engage with the community and address gaps such as the one you’ve highlighted. This feature should light up fairly soon.

3. Azure billing should send monthly bills as attached PDF files to email

I have to log in to azure every month just to get PDF copy of bill. It should be send on email (Your Microsoft statement is ready) message. At least email message should have billing details on it, so it could be printed out.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow me to configure a backup payment method

Am I the only one nervous about expiring or renewed credit cards? If a credit card expires and for some reason or other our Azure admin fails to head the notices, we're potentially risking huge data loss? I have no idea what grace period Microsoft will supply to rectify billing problems but sure wouldn't want to risk this!

With Google Adwords and services like PayPal I can specify two payment methods and use one as a backup. It would be great to see something similar in Azure.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We need Azure Playground to learn Azure hands-on for free. Make easy for Professionals to learn Azure and let them be Azure product advocate

We need Azure Playground to learn Azure hands-on for free. Make easy for Professionals to learn Azure and let them be Azure product advocate.

Making most efficient system won't serve the purpose if there are lack of sophisticated training. We pour years learning Microsoft technologies and be promoter of Microsoft products. We can go to competition, learn their products and promote them but we are staying and writing this feedback just to make sure we are heard.

I used my 1 month trial when there was no Data Lake, Data bricks and other services. I can sign up for other…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Extend the Free Trial Period for a more in depth look at your product offering!!!

Extend the Free Trial Period for a more in depth look at your product offering!!!

There is so much to explore in Azure. The trial period needs to be extended!!!!

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. VAT ID

Your VAT ID field fails to accept valid UK VAT IDs, and instead returns the bug "Please enter a valid VAT ID". UK VAT IDs are 9 numbers.

Our company VAT ID is 141395325 for troubleshooting.

Look here for a list of valid VAT ID formats:

https://www.vatlive.com/eu-vat-rules/eu-vat-number-registration/eu-vat-number-formats/

We cannot sign up to this service until it accepts a VAT ID, nor can we recommend it to any of our clients until this is fixed.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Specify the time span to other time zones except UTC in Usage API

When using Usage API now, we can only specify the time span to UTC.
    As a result, in other time zones, when we want to compare the pricing value between the API and Azure portal, we have to check the value at midnight. (A time zone which is + 8 hour or more will not be midnight, but we have to check it eary in the morning)

Therefore, it will be better if we can specify a time zone except UTC or a time span except 0:00 ~ 0:00. (We can only specify 0:00 ~ 0:00 if we set the…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Virtual and prepaid cards

The tip is to insert virtual and prepaid cards as a means of payment. This is a new trend here in Brazil

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Subscription level resource utilization monitoring and alerts.

Currently there is no method by which you may easily monitor the utilization or last use of a particular resource within a subscription.
    This is a common ask that I have seen for the platform, especially when it comes to the monitor space.
    I would like to propose either a method by which we may set an alert for resources that have not been accessed within the last 30 days, or to be able to set an alert based on utilization within a given time frame based on percentage.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Invoicing with UBL/PEPPOL

Microsoft currently sends their customers invoices in PDF-format. This is not an ideal format for processing by bookkeeping software.

Please send invoices in the UBL-format (.xml files) as well, which is a format that is optimized for automated processing of invoices. Ideally, you could send these invoices through the secured PEPPOL-network, with which your customers receive the invoices directly in their bookkeeping software, instead of getting them by email.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Subscription management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to up-vote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

12. Transfer subscription ownership while keeping the settings of service admin and co-admins

When we transfer subscription ownership between Microsoft accounts, the settings of service admin and co-admin(s) in the source subscription are reset. Especially, if the source subscription has multiple co-admins, it takes a lot of effort to recover them. So, we want to perform it while keeping them.

<Japanese>
    Microsoft アカウント間でサブスクリプションの譲渡を行った場合、移行元のサブスクリプションのサービス管理者と共同管理者の設定がリセットされてしまいます。特に移行元のサブスクリプションに複数の共同管理者が設定されている場合、再設定するのは非常に大変なので、移行元のサービス管理者と共同管理者のアカウント情報を保持したまま、サブスクリプションの譲渡を出来るようにして欲しい。

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "We're making changes to the customer experience and Azure subscriptions are not currently available in Russia."

Guys, you couldn't really make better advertisement to other cloud services (AWS, Alibaba Cloud, Google Cloud Platform) by saying me that phrase.

I applaud your "friendly and available to everyone" cloud services.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Subscription management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. REST API for accessing Azure Pricing details

Currently, there is no option to access Azure Pricing information programmatically. Definitely, the Pricing Calculator UI is user friendly and is easy to use. However, if one needs to access the same information for creating custom reports or doing planning, then need to switch to the Pricing Calculator, do the math and update it manually in the in house built tools/reports. A best example is the AWS' Price List API (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/awsaccountbilling/latest/aboutv2/price-changes.html). Could we get a similar API for Azure Pricing?

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow me to choose Azure Active Directory for new Azure Subscriptions.

When we create new subscriptions for existing or new customers, there is no prompt to associate them to an existing Azure Active Directory.

Every one of our new customers comes to us with multiple subscriptions and multiple Azure Active Directories (the record so far was 7 subscriptions across 3 directories). They always have annoying default names such as myemailcom.onmicrosoft.com, because there is no option to specify the name.

The ridiculously annoying algorithm takes the user's email address, removes the @ and . signs, and concatenates the remaining string. So myname@company.com would result in an Azure Active Directory called mynamecompanycom.onmicrosoft.com.

Customers…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Control switching from tenant by subscription owners

When implementing a subscription model, business units or clients want to be owner of their subscriptions.

When a subscription owner creates an Azure active directory, they can change their subscription to that tenant. this results in a few things

• Role assignments are deleted so the subscription becomes invisible to out admins (and automated controls).

• Inherited policies through management groups do not apply anymore.

• VNET peering are not destroyed. (so rogue subscriptions without policies are peered to our trusted network)

• If a subscription owner switches Tenants and then switches back, the subscription re-enters the Azure management groups hierarchy back under tenant…
    22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Microsoft Azure Sponsorship - add usage tracking

It would be great to be able to track usage of Microsoft Azure Sponsorship (MAS) subscriptions within Azure Portal, just as I can do it in PayG and EA subscriptions. Also, as of now only the Acoount Admin of the subscription can see the current usage (using a dedicated website, with UX far from being useful), no Billing Admin role or equivalent permission. We would like to have a single group of Azure Admins tracking usage of all our subscriptions, no matter what kind of program they are part of (PayG, CSP, EA, MAS, other). Moreover, I'd like to set…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Delete Azure Active Directory fails because of active subscriptions

A lot of users cannot delete their directories because of O365 or Azure Premium trial subscriptions. Most of the time, users are creating test directories with trial subscriptions in order to try Azure before going with a project launch. When trying to delete the directory it will fail because of the trial subscriptions that the user activated and the user cannot delete the subscription on its own. Users should be allowed to delete their subscriptions (at least the trial ones).

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow registering different VAT numbers per subscription

It's now possible to have different invoice addresses for different subscriptions. I thought this meant I could now set up a separate subscription for each of my customers and set the invoice to be sent directly to them.

Unfortunately, with the VAT rules in the EU that doesn't work as I would have to set the customer's VAT number for each subscription. The VAT number now is specified globally on the account level.

I would like VAT number and company name fields to be available as part of the invoice address and if specified, they should override whatever is set…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Signup and Billing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base