Signup and Billing

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure Developer Support Invoices NOT Accessible by our Administration Billing Reader

Issue: Azure Developer Support Invoices Accessible by our Administration Billing Reader

Currently our Administration, responsible for paying invoices cannot access the Developer Subscription Invoices.

Meaning, every month our Administration is depended on IT, to manually download the invoices and send them by mail.

There are three solutions:
    Either bring the Developer Support Invoices to the new portal.azure.com
    or
    Give us Accessibility to Manage Permissions on
    https://account.azure.com/Subscriptions
    or
    Having the option to assign an e-mailaddress to the Developer Support Invoices and send the invoices automaticly to the supplied e-mailadres.

Please Resolve This!

Thanks

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Specify the time span to other time zones except UTC in Usage API

When using Usage API now, we can only specify the time span to UTC.
    As a result, in other time zones, when we want to compare the pricing value between the API and Azure portal, we have to check the value at midnight. (A time zone which is + 8 hour or more will not be midnight, but we have to check it eary in the morning)

Therefore, it will be better if we can specify a time zone except UTC or a time span except 0:00 ~ 0:00. (We can only specify 0:00 ~ 0:00 if we set the…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Virtual and prepaid cards

The tip is to insert virtual and prepaid cards as a means of payment. This is a new trend here in Brazil

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Subscription level resource utilization monitoring and alerts.

Currently there is no method by which you may easily monitor the utilization or last use of a particular resource within a subscription.
    This is a common ask that I have seen for the platform, especially when it comes to the monitor space.
    I would like to propose either a method by which we may set an alert for resources that have not been accessed within the last 30 days, or to be able to set an alert based on utilization within a given time frame based on percentage.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Transfer subscription ownership while keeping the settings of service admin and co-admins

When we transfer subscription ownership between Microsoft accounts, the settings of service admin and co-admin(s) in the source subscription are reset. Especially, if the source subscription has multiple co-admins, it takes a lot of effort to recover them. So, we want to perform it while keeping them.

<Japanese>
    Microsoft アカウント間でサブスクリプションの譲渡を行った場合、移行元のサブスクリプションのサービス管理者と共同管理者の設定がリセットされてしまいます。特に移行元のサブスクリプションに複数の共同管理者が設定されている場合、再設定するのは非常に大変なので、移行元のサービス管理者と共同管理者のアカウント情報を保持したまま、サブスクリプションの譲渡を出来るようにして欲しい。

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. "We're making changes to the customer experience and Azure subscriptions are not currently available in Russia."

Guys, you couldn't really make better advertisement to other cloud services (AWS, Alibaba Cloud, Google Cloud Platform) by saying me that phrase.

I applaud your "friendly and available to everyone" cloud services.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Subscription management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow me to choose Azure Active Directory for new Azure Subscriptions.

When we create new subscriptions for existing or new customers, there is no prompt to associate them to an existing Azure Active Directory.

Every one of our new customers comes to us with multiple subscriptions and multiple Azure Active Directories (the record so far was 7 subscriptions across 3 directories). They always have annoying default names such as myemailcom.onmicrosoft.com, because there is no option to specify the name.

The ridiculously annoying algorithm takes the user's email address, removes the @ and . signs, and concatenates the remaining string. So myname@company.com would result in an Azure Active Directory called mynamecompanycom.onmicrosoft.com.

Customers…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Control switching from tenant by subscription owners

When implementing a subscription model, business units or clients want to be owner of their subscriptions.

When a subscription owner creates an Azure active directory, they can change their subscription to that tenant. this results in a few things

• Role assignments are deleted so the subscription becomes invisible to out admins (and automated controls).

• Inherited policies through management groups do not apply anymore.

• VNET peering are not destroyed. (so rogue subscriptions without policies are peered to our trusted network)

• If a subscription owner switches Tenants and then switches back, the subscription re-enters the Azure management groups hierarchy back under tenant…
    22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Extend the Free Trial Period for a more in depth look at your product offering!!!

Extend the Free Trial Period for a more in depth look at your product offering!!!

There is so much to explore in Azure. The trial period needs to be extended!!!!

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Invoicing with UBL/PEPPOL

Microsoft currently sends their customers invoices in PDF-format. This is not an ideal format for processing by bookkeeping software.

Please send invoices in the UBL-format (.xml files) as well, which is a format that is optimized for automated processing of invoices. Ideally, you could send these invoices through the secured PEPPOL-network, with which your customers receive the invoices directly in their bookkeeping software, instead of getting them by email.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Subscription management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to up-vote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

11. Allow all Billing Administrators to update payment methods

Only the account creator can update the payment method. This is really limiting when there are payment issues with a CC. Our billing administrator cannot update it. And co-administrators or others with full admin access can update it. Only the creator. This is very limiting and makes managing the account challenging. AWS lets me do this!

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Delete Azure Active Directory fails because of active subscriptions

A lot of users cannot delete their directories because of O365 or Azure Premium trial subscriptions. Most of the time, users are creating test directories with trial subscriptions in order to try Azure before going with a project launch. When trying to delete the directory it will fail because of the trial subscriptions that the user activated and the user cannot delete the subscription on its own. Users should be allowed to delete their subscriptions (at least the trial ones).

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow registering different VAT numbers per subscription

It's now possible to have different invoice addresses for different subscriptions. I thought this meant I could now set up a separate subscription for each of my customers and set the invoice to be sent directly to them.

Unfortunately, with the VAT rules in the EU that doesn't work as I would have to set the customer's VAT number for each subscription. The VAT number now is specified globally on the account level.

I would like VAT number and company name fields to be available as part of the invoice address and if specified, they should override whatever is set…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. REST API for accessing Azure Pricing details

Currently, there is no option to access Azure Pricing information programmatically. Definitely, the Pricing Calculator UI is user friendly and is easy to use. However, if one needs to access the same information for creating custom reports or doing planning, then need to switch to the Pricing Calculator, do the math and update it manually in the in house built tools/reports. A best example is the AWS' Price List API (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/awsaccountbilling/latest/aboutv2/price-changes.html). Could we get a similar API for Azure Pricing?

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. It would be EXTREMELY helpful if users could make MANUAL payments. More control over billing would be helpful.

I never know when you will try to charge my card. It always varies, especially when the 1st attempt fails. It would be extremely helpful if there was a way to make a manual payment. This is a feature that many of your competitors offer, do you anticipate improvements? It would really help with our cash flow management.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

We have started working on a feature to enable the immediate settling of payments, which I believe lines up with what you are asking for. We don’t have an ETA as of yet, but we will update this space as information comes in.

-Adam
    Azure Billing Team

16. You are not eligible for an Azure Subscription

SERIOUSLY I CANT ACTIVATE MY PAY AS YOU GO SUBSCRIPTION AND IT SAYS YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR AN AZURE SUBSCRIPTON SERIOUSLY!!!!????
    t: I already contact the bank and its say its valid and i still cant access this FINE WHATEVER CONSIDERED THIS IS A SCAM!! I WOULD RATHER USE GOOGLE CLOUD PLATFORM OR AMAZON AWS t's a terrible experience to register Azure Pay-As-You-Go ,it always gave me the same error: You are not eligible for an Azure subscription,WTF, Microsoft got all my info and my cards,then they told me you are not eligible???????? Also I contacted with Microsoft Azure…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Should NOT have to use a credit card for a FREE account

We should NOT have to use a credit card for a FREE account. If it's not actually free then why in the world would a credit card be used.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Do not disable subscriptions for "security reasons" without warning

We recently had an entire subscription disabled due to "confidential security reasons", which turned out to be a false positive. Luckily, it was our development subscription. If it were our production environment, it would have had a catastrophic impact, including our lost of clients and money.

This is completely unacceptable.
    We need to have AT LEAST a warning prior to these shutdowns, in order for the admins to have a chance to contact microsoft and avoid such false positives.

Ticket number for your reference: 116072114445632

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow Azure payments to be done through American Express Credit Card

We are using AMEX Credit Card. However, Azure doesn't allow payments to be done through AMEX. Current options on Azure Billing Portal are only Mastercard and Visa. If the options are not introduced in near future, we may have to discontinue using Azure.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Split the Tags column, in the downloadable Billing Usage CSV, by individual tags so that we can bill per department tag. (AWS has this.)

Split the Tags column, in the downloadable Billing Usage CSV, by individual tags so that we can sort/filter by department tag and bill departments. (AWS has this functionality.)

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Signup and Billing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base