Signup and Billing

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. credit card

is it really necessary to ask for a credit card to try a product ? I don't like it the idea of worrying for another place I've given my financial information to, maybe this is a poor choice from the team that is responsible for putting this product on the market ! whatever it is, I hope this will get fixed and more possible future clients will have the possibility to try this without worrying about credit cards and such.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add SEPA Direct Debit as a payment method

SEPA Direct Debit is the standard way to pay for regular subscriptions for European companies and citizens.

SEPA Direct Debit is a Europe-wide Direct Debit system that allows merchants to collect Euro-denominated payments from accounts in the 34 SEPA countries and associated territories.

Can Azure please support this payment method?

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to change or add a new onmicrosoft.com domain or rename your existing one

It would be nice to rename the assigned onmicrosoft.com account that I was assigned as it seems to be based on my username/email. I don't have an actual domain name that I plan to use, so it would be nice if I could have something meaningful.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Import VM List (CSV/Excel) into Pricing Calculator

Estimating the appropriate Azure VM T-Shirt sizes for migration or ASR planning would be easier if we could import a CSV or Excel file that contained the minimum required info to determine the initial VM sizes and prices. Without using Azure Migrate, or another data collection tool, I understand the performance factor based on workload could not be accurately identified, but it would provide a good starting point for organizations that need this info quickly, or are unable to run additional tools on-premises. Also including a filter to prioritize the workload generically (Compute-Intensive, Memory-Intensive, Disk-Intensive, etc.) could help to further…

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow users to remove themselves from subscriptions

I would like the ability to remove my account from an Azure subscription. As a consultant, I use my Microsoft account to gain access to client Azure subscriptions. At the end of the engagement, it can sometimes prove difficult to have them remove my account. I would like the ability to remove my account from a subscription without having to get someone else to do it. This would provide a huge benefit when accessing the portal as well as using Azure PowerShell.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow us to alias the subsciption name from within the Azure Portal

The Azure Portal currently lists the subscription names in their raw, original format. And, while, in terms of the subscription itself, these represent billing boundaries for Azure...they "can" also represent other logical boundary-containers, as well. As such, I would like to be able to alias each subscription in order to make separating object creation into their logical boundaries a "no brainer".

Example 1:
    I have 2 subscriptions. In one, I put VNets, VM's, Service Buses and other things that I see as common or more "architectural" in nature. In another, I put Web Sites, Cloud Services and databases that I…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, you can rename subscriptions from the Account portal today. It sounds like you need a better way to organize your resources, tho. We’ll look into this.

7. 31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. allow other users to download invoices from Government subscriptions

Currently only the account administrator role can download invoices for a government subscription. It would be useful to allow other Azure AD users to have this ability. We have a fiscal user who would like to get these invoices without me having to manually give them to him.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Subscription management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Don't allow subscriptions to be "orphaned" from Azure billing!

I'm dealing with a situation where recently I tried to go into billing (after years of normal service and no problems) and your server claimed that there are no subscriptions for my MS account. I filed a support request: Your support engineer said that my Azure subscription has become orphaned! What??!! Yes, he claims that the Outlook-based MS account is no longer associated with the Azure subscription. He asked me if I've made changes to the account. "No ... I haven't made any changes." He claimed the credit card is still attached to the subscription, which explains why I was…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Include the "created timestamp" with a subscription object

It would be VERY handy to have a timestamp of when the SaaS subscription was first created (especially for subscriptions with "PendingFulfillmentStart" status).

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Subscription management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Block subscription creation policy for non-global admin users (MPN Agreement)

Users that are not global admin or are in restricted groups, should not be able to create any new subscriptions under the main tenant.
    Specially if this tenant is under a MPN agreement.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Subscription management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

12. Please allow the removal of 'Inactive' accounts that had no prior usage in the EA Portal.

Currently there is no way to remove an 'Inactive' account in the EA Portal, there is only the option to select the 'active' checkbox which hides any inactive accounts from view. It would be nice to have a feature where we can remove any 'Inactive' accounts that had no prior usage in the EA Portal.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. DOUBLE-BUG: Allow to Retry Failed SMS Number! Cannot enter SMS code.

SMS messages were backed up on my mobile provider.
    After several tries not receving the SMS, they finally came thru.

But now you won't let me use the same number.
    So i cannot validate!

"We’re unable to validate your phone number
    Phone validation is required to confirm your identity and complete signup. Reenter your SMS verification code, or try again with a different phone number."

If i click "Reenter your SMS verification code" you do NOT allow me to "Reenter my SMS verification code".

DOUBLE BUG!

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show Virtual Machine name in detailed bill

Show each virtual machine from a Cloud Service as its own line within the detailed bill.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Identity verification by phone

I was stuck on the part of [Identity verification by phone]. My phone number is a valid number. I don't know why it presented the below message. I am come from Hong Kong. And I am using the phone number start with 5xxx xxxx.

"There's a problem with the phone number you provided. Please try again with a valid phone number."

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please extend the 1 month trial as one month is not enough to understand everything

1 month is hardly enough time to test drive. People need atleast 2 months

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Great feedback. In fact we are working constantly on creating new offers to address concerns like these. We will likely have an offer in the near future which addresses the fact that Azure has a learning curve.

-Adam (Azure Billing)

17. i was charged rs 2.00 and it says "There was a problem with your submission. Please retry and contact support if the issue persists."

while trying for free subscription and no chat support is there the dailog box appears empty

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make it easier to move subscriptions between Admin Accounts in EA portal

The EA management portal is very archaic and confusing.

There needs to be a way to move subscriptions between different accounts because what inevitably happens is as users start testing Azure using their LIVE accounts, and then move to an EA, there are subscriptions that IT depts want to move to real Org accounts. We don't like accounts linked to personal LIVE accounts.

The fact that a user could have a LIVE account and an ORG account with the same login ID is totally confusing.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Apologies for the delay in response. The Azure billing team was recently reorganized with a renewed focus on building the billing experiences customers expect from us. The new team is excited to re-engage with the community and address gaps such as the one you’ve highlighted. This feature should light up fairly soon.

19. Azure billing should send monthly bills as attached PDF files to email

I have to log in to azure every month just to get PDF copy of bill. It should be send on email (Your Microsoft statement is ready) message. At least email message should have billing details on it, so it could be printed out.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow me to configure a backup payment method

Am I the only one nervous about expiring or renewed credit cards? If a credit card expires and for some reason or other our Azure admin fails to head the notices, we're potentially risking huge data loss? I have no idea what grace period Microsoft will supply to rectify billing problems but sure wouldn't want to risk this!

With Google Adwords and services like PayPal I can specify two payment methods and use one as a backup. It would be great to see something similar in Azure.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Signup and Billing

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base