Signup and Billing

How can we improve Azure Signup and Billing?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise for students

Before Microsoft Imagine products migrated to Azure Education, the free software offerings included Visual Studio IDE at all tiers (Community, Professional and Enterprise) soon after the release. I am a student with access to Azure Education account where I can see VS2015 and 2017 available, however there is still no 2019. Are there plans to add it as a free product for students? Please note that I'm asking specifically about (normally) products requiring paid license, i.e. Professional and Enterprise. Enterprise ships with Live Unit Testing which greatly improves productivity when working on university projects.

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: oidc
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Subscription management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Prepaid credit Cards should be accepted.

I was really surpized so many people have the same problem- after few of hours of fighth with non intuitive set of MS registration pages you get the message that Prepadid Card is not suitable for registration.
    Dear MS team - it's really very weak solution...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Subscription management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Invoicing with UBL/PEPPOL

Microsoft currently sends their customers invoices in PDF-format. This is not an ideal format for processing by bookkeeping software.

Please send invoices in the UBL-format (.xml files) as well, which is a format that is optimized for automated processing of invoices. Ideally, you could send these invoices through the secured PEPPOL-network, with which your customers receive the invoices directly in their bookkeeping software, instead of getting them by email.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to up-vote & comment on. This allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

5. you pretend 12 month free then ask 170€?

you are incredible! you announce 12months free, then the next thing you ask for 170€? aren't you just lying in your advert? is this LEGAL?I am not a company. am shocked by your methods. you are not deserving my trust.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Cann't sign up Azure account

Hello support, am having difficulty signing up on azure account because there is no place to select currency

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Country Not Showing

I am not able to signup for free Azure because my country (Papua New Guinea) is not in the list. Please include my country as well in the Billing section.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Bad Design for Link to Billing Invoices

Bad Design for Link to Billing Invoices
    The user interface to get billing invoices is poorly designed. The billing account page shows a giant blank space in the middle and the account information centered right. The billing information appears to be missing and the billing appears to be a blank column header that is broken.

As it turns out, the billing information link is invisible as a link (no blue color or other annotation). The billing details/invoices should be clearly colored and located (not a normal text font sitting somewhere on the page when you have to hover to find…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  Subscription management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. No Credit Card verification for education

Since the old msdnaa was replaced with azure, i haven't used any of it. Î tried to sign in to Azure Education, but the Credit Card verification holding me back. Seeing prices with a couple of hundreds of dollar "scares" me off. As a student, this is too much money. Even it is everything free for students, why do you need a credit card(?) As a student, i am already registered from my university. That should be enough for verification i think. So my request is, skip the credit card verification for the education version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Feedback on account.azure.com/subscriptions

When submitting feedback (anchor in footer that reads 'Give us Feedback') on account.azure.com/subscriptions, a modal window opens and after about 5-8 seconds, the window closes on it's own. You lose anything that you've typed in the window. If you open the window and paste your feedback content and click the submit (circled check mark) button, it doesn't give you any indication that feedback was successful and the window disappears.

Win 7 and Chrome 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Card card from non account owner

Right now a pay as you go subscription can only be owned by one person and the credit card on file has match that person's information. However it is very for a company to have a technical person in charge of the azure subscription and have a business owner pay for said subscription. I get for security/fraud reasons why you want the name to match however this seems like it should be a solvable problem.

Some options:
    1) Allow multiple owners for a subscription
    2) Add a new role called billing owner (or something like that) and if the subscription…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Komunikujte

Dne 4.4.2019 ve 22:35 mi od Vás přišel z Vaší adresy billing@microsoft.com email ohledně Subscription ID(s): c38df0cf-a8da-4105-a0f9-0107801cd787 . Píšete, že na Váš email nelze odpovědět. Nemůžu za to, že Váš systém nepřijímá platby, například mi odmítá moji novou kartu MAESTRO. Mohu Vám poslat peníze přes PayPal. Co mi ale vadí a to hodně, že z Vašeho systému není vůbec srozumitelným, natož jednoduchým, způsobem jasné, za co se vlastně platí. Úplně zásadní nedostatek a problém ve Vašem systému vidím v nemožnosti limitů. Nemáte možnost PREPAID. To je ale zásadní chyba. Jak mám, jako programátor, zkoušet Vaše služby? Jak mám, jako programátor,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make subscription cost/billing management transparently and easily transferable.

**The case** :
    Trying to switch from Pay-as-you-go to a dealer – COMPAREX AG.
    The process is tedious and slow and at the end I arrive with a lot of questions regarding the safety of the transfer of all the resource groups of production applications! See here for an example :
    https://feedback.azure.com/forums/34192--general-feedback/suggestions/35347903-make-subscription-transfer-operation-automatically

**What is needed as a solution** - Instead of forcing the users to move around production environments with tons of configuration - apps, permissions, Azure AD, individual IAMs, etc. - in order to switch to another payment model, just make the payment and cost/billing management underneath transferable!

Nobody…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Subscription management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. New Subscription

Hello,

We are a corporate organization where there are multiple business unit, We have a central IT organization which owns the Azure Cloud enterprise agreement and governance on cloud.
    At times our business are using azure cloud and they are opening a new free subscription's or subscriptions of their own. Being tenant owner and EA Service owner we want to have a way to be informed when a new subscriptions is added.

It seems currently there is no way as was informed by Microsoft via a ticket 119041723001362. Appeciate if this can be added part of improvement.

Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. No option to change directory for Access to Azure Active Directory (0110P)

There is no option to change directory for Access to Azure Active Directory subscriptions (0110P) following steps here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/active-directory-how-subscriptions-associated-directory - this option was available in the classic portal.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 무료

값 무료

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow all Billing Administrators to update payment methods

Only the account creator can update the payment method. This is really limiting when there are payment issues with a CC. Our billing administrator cannot update it. And co-administrators or others with full admin access can update it. Only the creator. This is very limiting and makes managing the account challenging. AWS lets me do this!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    triaged  ·  0 comments  ·  Subscription management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. orphaned accounts

orphaned accounts

please can you allow users to have access to orphaned accounts
    I removed the service admin on an old account because the email address was no longer in use and this cut off my access to billing in the subscription even after i added a new service admin to the subscription and granted it the right permissions.

The resolution was to transfer the subscription, only Microsoft could access the orphaned account and i had no idea the account was an orphaned account either.
    We should be able to search and find accounts that no longer exist and delete…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. chinese can not use USA card!

Chinese can not use USA card!
    please use Alipay to pay RMB 0.01 to check a man!
    we can pay for it by Alipay.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Signup and Billing

Feedback and Knowledge Base