How can we improve Azure Signup and Billing?

Allow me to change countries on my subscription.

1,089 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Aaqib shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminAzure Billing Team (Admin, Microsoft Azure) responded  · 

Thanks for the post , votes, and comments. We are aware of this limitation and are targeting sometime next year to improve this experience. In the meantime you can sign up for a new account in your desired country and transfer your assets to the new account via Support.

-Azure Billing Team

96 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ammar Qasmi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Team,

Please make the feature of changing the Country On-the-go for Azure account.

Currently, when customers wants to change the country, they require to create New Azure account with different Live ID them perform Data migration to new subscriptions which is really a very CUMBERSOME process.

Humble request to you, please make an option to change the Country of Azure account even after creating it.

Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

During the Free Trial period, would be great if changing the Region/Location was possible. Great product - thanks!!!

• Ammar Qasmi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Azure Team,

A humble request to you to have ability of changing the Country on Azure Account Portal instantly rather than creating different Account and select the desired Country and then perform data migration.

The current process is cumbersome and time taking.

Please look into this feature ASAP.

Thanks.

• Joost Smit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Please allow the subscription address details to be differening from the CC details on record. Please allow address changes in CC details (including country) as well as subscription contact details.

• Henry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft. You need to change this. Allow users to change their registered country.
    If you won't because of whatever policy or legal requirements you have, at least empower your Support Agents to do this!
    If you won't even do that, update the registration form for new accounts to request the country after payment details or alongside them.

• gigaplex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Last time I ran into a Microsoft account that wouldn't let me change country (because I actually moved to a different country), it was with the Microsoft Account as shared with Windows 8 logins. Eventually Microsoft backtracked on this requirement after lots of complaints. I can't believe I'm seeing the same brain-dead limitation still existing within the company.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know this issue has been brought to Azure's attention but currently Azure doesn't allow a user to change his/her country details in an account.
    In my case, I was living in the UK, had a UK address and Credit Card associated and moved to the USA and wanted to change these details. I was "forced" to create a new account and migrate everything associated from my old subscription to a new one on a new account.

Hoping Azure provides this change soon so I can revert to my previous account

• Nathan Willoughby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Australian data centres seems a little bit special, with restricted access to who can use them!

I grew up in the UK and first created my azure account when I was living there. I then moved to Australia and now work for an Australian company.

I recently tried to create a resource in an Australian data center but found to my surprise that I wasn't allowed to - I received a message telling me to contact support to get access! OK!

So I contacted support only to be told that it wasn't possible. My Azure account wasn't created as an Australian account and so I would not be allowed access to Australian data centers.

Their final solution was for me to create a completely new Azure Account and then contact MSDN Subscriptions to move my subscription to that account, so I would have to somehow move all of the resources I have creating under that subscription as well!!

There need to be a better solution for this problem! I'm a little unsure why the Australian data centers are so special but even so there needs to be a way to grant people access if they do live in Australia but their account happens to be created many years ago and is linked to another region.

I'm pretty sure I have seen Australian data centers pop up in the available regions for lots of the Microsoft employees (who don't live in Australia) during demos!

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, the entire process of locking resources to a region or account is quite stupid.. There are regions where some services are missing, so how do you test things... Multiple accounts, delete, re-upload, recreate. Frankly in this day and age the whole process looks horribly ill planned and severely mentally challenged.

The console should provide simple migration process between accounts and regions for all entities (really should have from the start), a cross copy on the MS backbone has got to be more efficient than forcing users to re-upload blobs to a new region every time.

All I can say about subscription management is 'what subscription management ?' run out of credits and its re-upload, and recreate under other account. nightmare..

Absolutely ridiculous that you need a new account to change country. In today's environment, people move country and may end up with another credit card for that country.

I was establishing an Azure subscription to use with my Office 365 services. In the process, I accidentally entered CA for country instead of state (California). From that point on, the sign up process assumed I was Canadian and would not let me change it. I could not enter a valid credit card at that point so my ability to use Azure with my Office 365 service is gone.

Since Azure requires a credit card, even for the trial, don't lock in the region or country until the card is accepted.

• Felix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly support this request. Currently it is impossible to change the country of an Azure profile even if there is no active subscription. The country is bound to the Azure profile and cannot be changed. Also it is impossible to delete/close an Azure account. This bans my Microsoft account forever from Azure although the Microsoft account itself was successfully changed to the new country.

Also Azure support was no help. Apparently these missing features are by design for security reasons. The recommended workaround is to sign up for a completely new Microsoft account.

Please add the possibility to change the country of the subscription or at least of the Azure profile. You are losing probably most of the customers that move between countries.

• Zane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I currently have a long running support ticket with Microsoft with regards to paying a bill in NZ from Australia. Apparently I cannot use an Australian credit card and any attempts to pay the bill with International Transfer have been fruitless.

We can migrate Xbox Live accounts across regions, so why can I not move my Azure subscriptions?

1 2 3 5 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base