How can we improve Azure Signup and Billing?

Allow me to change countries on my subscription.

1,049 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Aaqib shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminAzure Billing Team (Admin, Microsoft Azure) responded  · 

Thanks for the post , votes, and comments. We are aware of this limitation and are targeting sometime next year to improve this experience. In the meantime you can sign up for a new account in your desired country and transfer your assets to the new account via Support.

-Azure Billing Team

96 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • NS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Somehow my account was set up as a Canadian one. I never indicated a country and live in the US. I guess maybe I will try azure next year. Will stick with the obvious and superior alternative web service provider for another year or two.

This is an embarrassing omission on Microsoft's part and represents a large gap in their service (and security).

Also, how about someone answers your customer support telephone number during business hours?

• Daniel Lynch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When purchasing subscriptions the credit card form takes the credit card country from the Org ID and doesn't give the option to change. My country is listed as USA but I my credit card and residency is UK. When I put correct UK address the form errors and I cannot process to purchase any services. I don't recalling being asked to give my country when signing up and I can't believe I would have listed a country I don't live in.

Therefore I cannot proceed to purchase Azure services using my corporate email address that is associated with our O365 tenant and corporate credit card.

• tks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

globalizing any of the Microsoft account has been the problem for the last 10 years so not sure if we see a solution here quickly... same thing with xbox accounts, live accounts, windows phone account, skype accounts

• Rudi Groenewald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can support do this for us on the back end yet? The only option right now is to create a new liveid... not interested....

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

do we have any ETA on this? it's been almost 6 months since the last post from Microsoft Billing Team. Microsoft should act quicker on customers requests, there are many competitors out there.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Considering Microsoft is a global entity and many of its clients are global companies. This is very important for us and really hope will be supported soon.

• Gonzalo Mesorio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also support this request. "Sometime next year" sounds too far in time given the number of users complaining about this...

• Lester Waters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a COLOSSAL PAIN this is. We are a global company and have a EA subscription agreement in USD. But I am an EA Admin located in the UK -- and my Microsoft Live ID (using my company email) is UK based. And Azure just ASSUMES the country associated with the Live ID (despite having a US-based EA agreement in the EA portal). And there is NO WAY TO CHANGE IT. The Result? We have to MIGRATE our netire configurations to new Subscription, created with a US-based Live ID. Ugh!!!

• Tom P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is complete nonsense. When I subscribe to Azure you ask me where my users are to choose datacenter and warn me I cannot change it. So I choose US, where I have 2,000 users. Then we go through phone verification, then credit card verification and.... this is where it ends. You cannot live in Canada and have users in US, you need credit card from country where your users are. I guess Microsoft never heard about outsourcing and those India guys are only virtual, they don't exist..

• Michael Oberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometime next year? My current company will still be billed in our EA currency but all subscription information is in another currency due to this issue. Transfering assets to another account for a large enterprise is out of the question due to 100s of reasons.

• Anton Ozolin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I moved to the U.S.A. two years ago. I have created my Azure account while being in Russia. Now I am not using my old Russian credit card, I use US credit card. And still I am charged in Russian rubles from the us dollar credit card. I am loosing money on currency exchange fees.

Please let me change my country and currency.

• Paul S UK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Once my last euro card expires I will be unable to pay my Azure bill. Is there any acknowledgement from Microsoft that is may be something they are working on?

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly support this request. Our company is located in USA and we have US Office 365 account but I was travelling Canada when I created Azure account and it auto picked country Canada as location and now I cannot change it back to USA with deleting everything in Azure.

Our Office 365 invoice/bill is in USD and Azure invoice/bill is in CAD. Common Microsoft, this should not be rocket science.

• Fahad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi There,

Please allow changing of Azure subscription country. One account for all services (not multiple accounts just to change my Azure account country)

Thanks

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this. I set up my account just weeks ago before I moved. There was no warning that you would never be able to change your country at signup. People do move you know. As I no longer have a € income, I definitely don't want to pay in euros.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In todays world tech team collaborate across borders. When creating a new account like this, it might be for a small purpose initially, and the person being appointed the task of setting it up might not be aware of limitations like this. You then discover at a later stage that the initial setup was done for this first guys country, even if the "commercial" ownership is somewhere else. This is what happened for us. To be able to pay the subscription with our company card we then had to do a major operation instead of just changing the country code. There might be some reason for it, but hard for us as a customer to see...

Feedback and Knowledge Base