How can we improve Azure Signup and Billing?

Allow me to change countries on my subscription.

1,089 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Aaqib shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  AdminAzure Billing Team (Admin, Microsoft Azure) responded  · 

Thanks for the post , votes, and comments. We are aware of this limitation and are targeting sometime next year to improve this experience. In the meantime you can sign up for a new account in your desired country and transfer your assets to the new account via Support.

-Azure Billing Team

96 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ahohl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot sign up properly to Azure Services. I allways get redirected to a site which only accepts residents with proper US address. I encountered that Problem in December 2016.

i somehow manage to be able to use AzureML. But seriously the user account handling is far behind AzureML Usability.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Haha, yup. I'm locked into a US region and it won't accept my canadian credit credit card. I actually WANT TO PAY YOU GUYS but instead it looks like my servers will get unplugged because I can't confirm my credit card.

• Frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same Canadian with US region selected, Azure support did nothing for me. They just let me sign up a new account. Who needs to contact you guys if leaving all the data in my current account behind and signing up a new one is acceptable?!

• JAVIER BERTRAN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This i definitely a nuisance, does Microsoft not have expat employees around the World? You can't expect that a person will use a credit card from the country were he is currently located.

• Jakub Kaláb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I accidentally left the country select on the default option, which is US, in the first step of the registration, but now in the 3rd step it only allows me to enter US address for credit card and I can't go back even if I return to azure and start the registration process anew.

• Paul Smullen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does some time next year mean some time in 2017? So 18 months to allow us change country. JOKE - without the laughter. I just spent my morning managin an issue around this. I already tried with Microsoft to transfer assets as you suggest. 2 weeks of wasted time. You need to prioritise this.

• Ham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We were choosing between AWS and Azure, and decided to use Azure for its supposed "user-friendliness". But it registered the wrong country at signup and after two weeks we are still unable to register a credit card due to the impossibility of selecting the right country in the billing address. I guess this is MS's way to tell us to go AWS...

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As suspected, I have successfully done subscription transfers between account´s with different countries/billing currency’s.
    However the subscription just change currency to the target account. If it worked it would only be applicable in a scenario where you start from scratch. In a large enterprise with a little Azure history, No.
    I do have more detailed information if anyone at the Azure billing team would like to see it.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe how much of a nightmare this is, something as simple as changing a region, I have o idea why is this a hard thing to do, but it is, it's annoying and infuriating and it shouldn't be an issue, specially when every other service provides this in the easiest way possible,

• Victor Villas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really important for me. I have a DreamSpark subscription tied to my US account and since I moved out from the US, I'll have a lot of work to migrate stuff around, contact support to move stuff, my DreamSpark and so on.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft will not do anything about this. I'd advise anyone with issue to use another solution from another provider.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This information is incorrect. You cannot sign up for a new account in your desired country as you cannot use the same tenant name for 90 days until the current subscription has fully expired. This makes this solution not feasible.

• Alex Figueiredo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I moved, canceled my subscription, but even with no subscriptions I still can't change my country! is so hard? Google play store, apple, they are light years ahead of this! I refuse to create another account!

• kiran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Via Support?? means azure support team perform transfer the assests to new subscription?

• Brendan King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a complete **** up from Microsoft, and the "targeting sometime next year" is a lie. Nothing is being done about it at all. This issue has been around since at least 2012 from other posts, and this thread is getting onto 2 years old. I raised the issue with Microsoft support to get the azure account reset. The excuse was "however we did have this option to close your Azure account under our old platform, unfortunately we do not have the same in our current new platform". What is that supposed to mean, the system is going backwards?

• Darren Sandford commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in the situation where I have a VM under an MSDN subscription that has now expired, but I can't move the resources to a new subscription because the old one is disabled. And I can't re-enable billing on the old one because I've moved overseas, and it won't accept the billing details from my new country.

This means that my VM is now permanently unaccessable, as the support team just told me to re-enable billing, and wouldn't move the VM.

This is awful, Microsoft.

Feedback and Knowledge Base